New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: PE (non plus) Board frozen CALL ATTENDANT  (Read 3407 times)

Offline danatlvc

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
PE (non plus) Board frozen CALL ATTENDANT
« on: July 27, 2016, 11:53:09 AM »
I have a PE board that has always worked super. Recently I tried a different hopper in the machine & when I slid it in got a coin error that would not clear. I pulled the game chip out & turned it on & then put the game chip back in & now the screen says CALL ATTENDANT with no error message? The test button aslo will not work. I've tried a different set of game chips & still no luck. I tried another board with this software in it & the game came right up, so it's not the software or the machine itself. Is there a Clear chip for PE or a way to clear the board? I have a Clear for PE+ but not for PE & have never seen one if they exsist? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 03:56:22 PM by danatlvc »

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: PE (non plus) Board frozen CALL ATTENDANT
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 11:35:38 PM »
This game is usually cleared by removing the RAM chip and setting it, legs down, on some bare metal for a couple of minutes (hold in place with slight pressure)  then re-installing it in the board.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline danatlvc

• danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 08:31:46 AM »
Thanks, I tried that several times this morning & the only difference is it says RETART on the lower part of screen pictured. No test button, door switch, reset key etc. The RESTART goes away after I power the machine back up. Could the RAM chip possibly be bad? I would take one out of my working PEs boards, but I don't want to risk losing it if something is possibly turning them bad on this board? 

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 04:52:26 PM »
Try pushing in the white test button and holding it for a while then close the door and see if the game comes up.

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 09:47:30 AM »
I tried that several times with no change. I also took a RAM chip off a working board & installed it on this one with no change.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 11:30:58 AM »
I know this is a stupid question, but have you checked your battery voltage at the connection points of the battery box leads on my MPU?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 11:57:44 AM »
Yes, all is good. I've also tried removing the battery & powering up & then installing it back both with the same result. I 've tried different software sets all with the same result. If I put another board in the machine it works perfect so I know it's in the board. I have a feeling this is a simple fix & the board is still good if we can ever figure it out ... lol. These boards are getting hard to come by unlike the easy to find PE+ boards, so I'd really like to try & save it. This board has worked super for years in my game room until I slid a different hopper in it that I had just refurbished. That hopper works in all my other PE & PE+ machines, but it put this board out of service for some odd reason in the one machine? All traces & solder joints look good

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 12:11:05 PM »
Does the MPU have any Capasitors that could have failed when you tried the different hopper? Did that new hopper ever attempt to run on a payout or did the error just apear when it was powered on?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 12:25:47 PM »
Just a suggestion, you could send the board to Larry. I have fixed many of those PE boards and we have spares.
702-363-9998

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 12:38:35 PM »
The capacitors all tested good with my capacitor wizard, but this doesn't mean they are all good as I've found using it over time. I slid the hopper in with the machine on and got a coin error like you are suppose to, but it wouldn't clear when I shut the door. I do not plug in hoppers anymore with PE machines on due to this recent issue. It shouldn't make a diffence, but it did on this old board and machine & I learned my lesson ... lol

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2016, 01:28:16 PM »
Yea that power surge took something out?
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal