New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WBA11 in a PE+ problem  (Read 4398 times)

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
WBA11 in a PE+ problem
« on: April 14, 2016, 09:09:09 PM »
Ok, here is my story.
The customer had one game on his board so we put in a super board and gave him 5 games.

We repaired his Ceronix monitor and took his WBA11 back to the shop where we updated the chip (IDO22/23 V3.??) and calibrated and tested it with new 20's.

The WBA worked perfectly and took new 20's on the bench with our DT104 tester.

We took the WBA back and put it in the machine and enabled the bill validator.

The WBA would not take 20's or any other bil except one dollar bills

We tried setting DSW2 on the WBA to the opposite position and it would not take dollars either.

What am I missing? Why doesn't this WBA11 work in the machine?

Someone had mentioned it could be a weak power supply but if it takes and stacks a one dollar bill it seems more like a comm error.

A solution is needed, this is our first experience with  a WBA in a PE+.

To cover my bases I will also post this on the PE+ forum.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: WBA11 in a PE+ problem
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 12:39:37 AM »
I can't speak specifically to the WBA, but if the symptom is that only $1 bills are accepted, the solution is typically that the bill validator is set to the wrong ID. If it's ID022, change it to ID023, or vice versa.

Are you sure the dipswitch you were changing was the correct one to change IDs?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 07:53:53 AM »
The WBA manual I have says some WBA software requires flipping DIP SW #2 to the opposite direction to select IDO22 or 23 but that didn't work.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 08:14:21 AM »
I believe the dip switch #2 has to be down,  did you check the settings in the menus, I believe there is a limit setting in one of the bill accept menus.  Its funny you mention this, I converted a bar top unit from a DBV -200 to a WBA 11/12,  it worked in the shop for weeks, when installed at persons home, worked a few times, then it would blow the power supply interface board, a opto isolator,  game functions and play fine, just bill acceptor will not work. it"s a super board as well . The power supply for that unit serves two functions, provides 13vdc to run the WBA and has an interface board that sends and receives the pulse information from the WBA. Its a small board mounted to the front wall of the unit.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline PowderMaker

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • PowderMaker New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 11:11:37 AM »
As mentioned above, could be ID0 setting on BV. Some multi-poker game sets require ID022, others ID023. Also, could try using set chip to re-enable bill validator.

Offline Blueridgeslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 01:27:00 PM »
Leave DS 2 Down (Accept $1)... Change DS 1 for ID

Added the JCM Data Sheet for v3.60 in S+/PE+

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 06:19:56 PM »
Another 30 miles on my truck and this time I tried chips:

WBA11 SS ID023 V3.00 27C1001

WBA 10/11 SS ID0 22/23 V3.34 27C1001 AND TRIED DIP SWITCH 2 IN BOTH POSITIONS.

WBA 10/11 SS IDO 23 V3.30 27C1001

I also calibrated the unit with the DT104 after installing each chip and on the customer's kitchen table the unit would take the new 20's.

I also checked the bin on each chip to make sure the label matched the bin inside the chip.

The quick flashing of the deal button on the game tells me I still have some kind of software problem.

The flash usually means the wrong ID0 but I have tried both 22 and 23.

Somebody had also messed with the BV door switch and it is jupered somewhere in the machine so the door is never seen as open.

Offline Blueridgeslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 07:27:43 PM »
WHY ARE  YOU MESSING WITH DIP-2

DIPSWITCH 1 CONTROLS THE ID

DIPSWITCH 2 IS ACCEPT/DONT ACCEPT $1

I would get the later version Firmware anyway, Actually I would trow the WBA-11 away and change to a 12/13 for as cheap as a harness and transport is

United States
Country Code:
USA
Hardware:
WBA-11
Stacker Type:
SS
Protocol ID:
022/023
Version:
3.00-03
Checksum:
DEF2
CRC(0000):
CRC(1234):
Kobetron:
Chip size:
Bill Path:
67mm
Part Number:
Released Date:
Denominations:
Accepts $1, $5('99 & older),$10('99 & older)$20('02 & older),$50('88~'01)and $100('88~'01) bills.Includes acceptance of Next Generation $20 bills.(Release Fall 2003).Accepts bills in 1 direction.This software does not allow acceptance of barcode tickets.

[/font][/size][/font]
Dipswitch Settings
Switch
On
Off
Use the ID-022 interface
Use the ID-023 interface
Reject $1
Accept $1
Reject $5
Accept $5
Reject $10
Accept $10
Reject $20
Accept $20
Reject $50
Accept $50
Reject $100
Accept $100
Test mode
Normal operation

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 09:22:43 PM »
The JCM WBA manual said it was DIP SW 2. Weird, all that driving and it was a DIP switch??!!

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 09:27:21 PM »
WHY ARE  YOU MESSING WITH DIP-2

DIPSWITCH 1 CONTROLS THE ID

DIPSWITCH 2 IS ACCEPT/DONT ACCEPT $1

I would get the later version Firmware anyway, Actually I would trow the WBA-11 away and change to a 12/13 for as cheap as a harness and transport is

United States
Country Code:
USA
Hardware:
WBA-11
Stacker Type:
SS
Protocol ID:
022/023
Version:
3.00-03
Checksum:
DEF2
CRC(0000):
CRC(1234):
Kobetron:
Chip size:
Bill Path:
67mm
Part Number:
Released Date:
Denominations:
Accepts $1, $5('99 & older),$10('99 & older)$20('02 & older),$50('88~'01)and $100('88~'01) bills.Includes acceptance of Next Generation $20 bills.(Release Fall 2003).Accepts bills in 1 direction.This software does not allow acceptance of barcode tickets.

Dipswitch Settings
Switch
On
Off
Use the ID-022 interface
Use the ID-023 interface
Reject $1
Accept $1
Reject $5
Accept $5
Reject $10
Accept $10
Reject $20
Accept $20
Reject $50
Accept $50
Reject $100
Accept $100
Test mode
Normal operation

But the BV accepted only 1$ if DIP SW was on or off....

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2016, 10:57:49 PM »

You stated in your original post that the bill validator would only accept $1 bills if DS 2 was in one position, and wouldn't even accept the $1 bills if DS 2 was in the other position.

As Jim (Blueridge) posted in Reply #5, the manual he attached shows that DS 2 controls the acceptance of $1 bills -- off = enabled (will accept $1 bills).  Dipswitch 1 is the one you want to be changing.

As I said in my initial reply, the validator is likely set to the wrong ID for the game you have installed.  Flip dipswitch 1 to the opposite of what it's set to and you should be good to go.

There's a quirk that the pulses for a $1 bill in ID022 and ID023 are nearly identical, which is why a validator set to the wrong ID on a S+ or PE+ may still accept a $1 bill, but will reject all others.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 11:03:23 PM »
Ya, it's been a long day. $1 in only 1 position.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2016, 12:52:07 PM »

You stated in your original post that the bill validator would only accept $1 bills if DS 2 was in one position, and wouldn't even accept the $1 bills if DS 2 was in the other position.

As Jim (Blueridge) posted in Reply #5, the manual he attached shows that DS 2 controls the acceptance of $1 bills -- off = enabled (will accept $1 bills).  Dipswitch 1 is the one you want to be changing.

As I said in my initial reply, the validator is likely set to the wrong ID for the game you have installed.  Flip dipswitch 1 to the opposite of what it's set to and you should be good to go.

There's a quirk that the pulses for a $1 bill in ID022 and ID023 are nearly identical, which is why a validator set to the wrong ID on a S+ or PE+ may still accept a $1 bill, but will reject all others.

success! I called the customer and told him how to turn on DIP SW #1 and he put in a $20 and it worked.

thanks to everyone for your help - and thanks to the customer for not making me drive all that way to flip a switch.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal