New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: FUSE BLOW WHEN HOPPER INSTALLED  (Read 4994 times)

Offline Johnnyboy321

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Johnnyboy321 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
FUSE BLOW WHEN HOPPER INSTALLED
« on: May 19, 2017, 03:14:30 PM »
Hey thanks for taking the time to read this every time I use/test my hopper a house breaker flips or the 6 amp fuse blows anyone might know what's causing this it only happens when the hopper is setup or the hopper is being tested ugh I need help anything at all I'm also getting a coin in time out error also any help with that? Once more thanks for looking

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: FUSE BLOW WHEN HOPPER INSTALLED
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 08:15:59 PM »
The problem has to be with your hopper motor. The Solid State Relay (SSR) that turns on the hopper motor has two triacs in series inside of it to prevent it from shorting.
BUT, if your hopper has a small coin jammed in it somewhere - that can stall the motor and cause the fuse to blow.
Try this.
Take the hopper out and under the motor is the motor break. It pulls in when the hopper gets voltage and allows the hopper to spin. Then when voltage is removed
the break pops out to stop the motor from coasting and spitting out a extra coin.
Hold that break in and try to spin the motor by grabbing the rubber agitator in the center of the motor pin wheel and spinning it.
If it doesn't budge you may want to remove the hopper bowl (black plastic) then the coin knife and see if a stray coin drops out.
When you put it back together make sure the knife is seated on the shelf wheel ( the ledge the coins ride up on to exit the hopper.

The only other thing it could be is a frozen hopper break. If it is stuck in the STOP position and wont budge try some light oil to free it up.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Johnnyboy321

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 02:30:43 PM »
Ok I'm going to try that tonight but I'm also getting a coin in time out any idea what could be causing that could the problems be linked?

Offline Johnnyboy321

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 02:50:48 PM »
Ok just tested it it's even worse now it blows on power up before it would blow when I went into hopper test or cashed out

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 04:31:32 PM »
See if there is a coin wedged behind the hopper plug.
Also, remove the computer board and power up with the hopper in and see if the fuse blows.

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 05:26:02 PM »
Hey thanks for taking the time to read this every time I use/test my hopper a house breaker flips or the 6 amp fuse blows anyone might know what's causing this it only happens when the hopper is setup or the hopper is being tested ugh I need help anything at all I'm also getting a coin in time out error also any help with that? Once more thanks for looking

If a 6 amp fuse is throwing a house breaker, you have a seriously overloaded circuit that the machine is hooked up to, a very weak breaker, or the fuse is much bigger than a 6 amp. That being said, there is still trouble with something in the hopper or something in that line. Minimum household breakers are 15 amp for 120 volts. A 6 amp should never throw a house breaker. It sounds like more than one thing going on here.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Johnnyboy321

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 06:15:23 PM »
Wow that's a lot of info and Dave it's tripping the gcfi outlets or whatever outlet type it is and ya sometimes the gcfi will blow sometimes the 6 amp also some info about the house and the machine is  the machine is in a garage with a freezer plugged in to the same outlets the fuse on the machine was 20 years old along with the house also 20 years old and I'm about to check the hopper

Offline Johnnyboy321

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 06:20:26 PM »
Dave also this machine is a frankinstine machine it's made of mostly 2 machines and some parts I've found so it has a lot more then you think to it ok post some pics but like I said I'm new how do I post pics

Offline brokenticker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • brokenticker New User barely matters.brokenticker New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2017, 07:39:50 PM »
When you say Frankensteined,are you sure hopper is 120 volt, NOT a 24 volt S2000, sit-down hopper,

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2017, 08:31:59 PM »
Dave also this machine is a frankinstine machine it's made of mostly 2 machines and some parts I've found so it has a lot more then you think to it ok post some pics but like I said I'm new how do I post pics

Absolutely, post pics. At the bottom of the reply, click the attachments and other options. Click the browse and attach your pics. I didn't mean to scare you, but things like that get an electricians attention. Now with a GFCI (ground fault current interruptor)  receptacle ANY ground fault will cause a trip. Life probably isn't that dire, but you understand my concern. Now I understand better. I like the others think there is a problem with the hopper, likely a short or a trouble that the others have offered. Thanks for the clarification. Sorry if I worried you.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Johnnyboy321

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2017, 09:57:52 PM »
I have been shocked and I'm not afraid of electronic current also I'm 13 just so y'all know my grand father tough me everything I know this is he 4 time trying to post this so I have to post the pics separate

Offline Johnnyboy321

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2017, 10:11:24 PM »
I
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 01:48:03 AM by knagl »

Offline Johnnyboy321

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2017, 10:12:11 PM »
I
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 01:51:21 AM by knagl »

Offline Johnnyboy321

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2017, 10:17:24 PM »
I

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2017, 11:08:24 PM »
Water Damage!!
The hopper break could be rusted shut but it could be the entire motor is shorted internally.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2017, 01:43:58 AM »
I guess I can't tell for sure, but that doesn't look like the correct hopper for an IGT PE+ machine.  Can you post another picture or two of the hopper, at least one a little wider showing the whole thing?  Thanks.

If that is a PE+ hopper, I'd agree with Badbaud -- it looks like there was significant water damage -- the hopper motor might be toast.

On the plus side, on your MPU board you have a wingboard -- those are pretty rare.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Johnnyboy321

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2017, 08:36:45 AM »
Badbuad it is the hole machine was at one point and the only reason I'm keeping it is because it's from Las Vegas from a bar that sold them i have a second hopper I'll have to change the motor out also it spins when you lift the hopper brake so and knaglim not sure if it's a igt pe or pe plus and like i said from a bar it also sat at someone's house for years on end in the rain (freaking [size=78%]idiot) and he sold it to me  here ok add more pics[/size]

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2017, 11:19:10 AM »
PE (non-plus) machines never had bill validators, and the MPU board you posted is a PE+ MPU with a wingboard. You have a PE+ machine.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Johnnyboy321

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2017, 11:59:26 AM »
I pulled a harness from a 2000 or something different  that went to the hopper and coin acceptor could that be why anyone have one they can sell me? 
l.           ---   ---    l.  /.    l \.  l. l---   \  /.  -- T--     ----         -------
l.           l. l   l   l    l<.      l   \.l. l --     .        l.       l.    l.       l.       l
L____    ---   ---    l.   l.    l    \l. L__. /  \.      l.       l---         l-------l
                                                                          l.                      l
                                                                                    .             l
                                                                                         _____l
====>. ======> =======> (look next page :)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 09:46:30 PM by Elijahturri »

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2017, 12:53:15 PM »
When you get everything working you can remove that wing board and drop in some multi poker chips and have a game with 5 game options for play.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal