New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help! Bally 6000 50 and 31 code  (Read 2427 times)

Offline Ollisdadda

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Ollisdadda New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Help! Bally 6000 50 and 31 code
« on: March 11, 2017, 04:28:11 PM »
I bought two Bally 6000 machines. Neither one had the main chips or the game chips. I tracked down the mains, the games, and the clears necessary to set them up. I did a complete ram clear on both machines. I set all the parameters according to the Bally manual and the equipment that is in the machines. I set the dip switches for the bill validator and for Las Vegas jurisdiction. After clearing the machines I get an error code 50 and an error code 31 alternating in the wind paid LCD. I have tried to clear these codes to no avail. I have checked the hopper for jams and cleaned the Optics in the hopper. I have checked and cleaned the Optics and switches in the main door. I have gone as far as to trace the wiring from the door Optics back to the board in the back. This is where I found an orange with black stripe wire running from the Optics on the cabinet on the right side to the back board unhooked. This is the same on both machines and looks to be Factory. I do not know where this wire should be plugged in, if at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated as these are my first two Bally 6000. I will follow this with photographs. Thanks in advance.
Cheers, Alex

Offline Ollisdadda

• NLG
Re: Help! Bally 6000 50 and 31 code
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 04:48:26 PM »
pics
Cheers, Alex

Offline Ollisdadda

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 04:53:27 PM »
more pics
Cheers, Alex

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 07:58:26 PM »
The hopper control board on the hopper could be bad or the hopper optics is bad.
If you have two optics sets on the hopper you could try unplugging one of them, then the other, clearing the board after each unplug and see if that helps.
There is more involved but first check to see if you have two optics.

Another trick you can try is to remove the hopper and jumper pin 6 to pin 10 on the hopper plug that the hopper plugs into, pin numbers are stamped on the back side of the plug, to see if clearing the machine clears the error. This tells you it is not in the machine electronics but in the hopper electronics.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline LINDAM

• Moderator: Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
  • When you run out of Quarters...You're done!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 06:36:19 AM »
If the machine has a B/V just turn the hopper off in the 11d menu #61. The code 50 is just door open.
If it ain't broke.....Stop trying to fix it.

Offline Ollisdadda

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 09:07:13 AM »
Ok I checked the optics on the hopper and turned off the hopper in the settings. Still getting the same 2 codes. Win paid flashes 5.0. once then 3.1. then 3.1. again and back to 5.0. Do i need to clear it after setting the 11d 61 to 2 (printer only)?
Cheers, Alex

Offline Ollisdadda

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 09:21:33 AM »
Just tried pitting a jumper between pin 6 and 10 on the back of hopper plug. Still the same code. Would this have anything to do with a bad battery somewhere? I checked the one on the pull out tray and voltage was pretty good. 3.6vdc if I remember.
Cheers, Alex

Offline LINDAM

• Moderator: Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
  • When you run out of Quarters...You're done!
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 10:52:58 AM »
I think you change 11d/61 without a clear
If it ain't broke.....Stop trying to fix it.

Offline Ollisdadda

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 08:24:51 PM »
I'm down to just the code 50. Can't seem to get it to clear. I've tried everything. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks
Cheers, Alex

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 10:52:39 PM »
That should clear when you close the door.

Do you have a mechanical door switch?
Can you pull the plunger out and does that close the door?
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Ollisdadda

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 06:18:43 AM »
Yes mechanical switch. Checked continuity on switch and it's working. Makes contact with door and closes switch. I think it must be a setting or something I'm missing. Its just odd its the same on both machines. I did complete clear on both so maybe ive missed something on set up.
Cheers, Alex

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal