New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Getting C1 msg. and Link Progressive Down and Primary Sas Down - newbie  (Read 7400 times)

Offline woewoe

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • woewoe New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I bought this Hot Peppers slot machine at an auction.  Was told it just needed to be reset.  I tried resetting with the key but it doesn't clear the messages.  It does give me the options for 1- accounting, 2 history displays and 4 I/O test.  I'm posting some pics of the circuit boards that I think might be important.  Any help or suggestions pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. 

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
I'm moving this to the Mikohn section. You have an IGT S2000 slot machine with a Mikohn progressive controller.

C1 is a communication error. It means that the Mikohn controller is not communicating with the machine. 

I'd start by checking to ensure the cables between the Mikohn controller and the machine are connected properly. I have not personally configured a S2000 with a Mikohn meter, so I can't help with specific settings for your machine. Someone else should chime in here to help with that.

You may need to program the Mikohn controller in order for the progressive meter to work -- that programming cannot be accomplished within the menu system of the S2000 machine.  However, if it's just an issue of having the correct settings for your progressive within the S2000 menus, you may be able to get the meter working with whatever settings were previously saved to it without having to also program the Mikohn controller.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
You probably need to reprogram the Mikhon stand alone.
How long was the machine turned off for before you got it?
The Mikhon has a rechargeable battery on board that holds the programmed information.
When they are brand new they can hold the information for months but when they are old you are lucky if you get two weeks before the information is lost.
You can have someone program it for you or you can do it yourself.  You will need to make a programming cable to go from the laptop to the Mikhon. The laptop will need to be an old one  with Windows XP or earlier operating system installed and it will need to have a serial port. There are ways to use latter model laptops/cable combinations check the stickied topics in this Mikhon topic. They will also need to have the PSP program installed.
In either case I would recommend replacement of panisonc coin battery on the Mikhon unit.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=739.0
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=573.0

The Mikhon is a really good system you can program a scrolling message to go along with displaying the jackpot amount.
Read through some of the posts in this section and let us know how you want to proceed.
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline woewoe

• NLG
Thanks knagl and Rich for the quick reply.  I will check the connections again and read everything in the Mikohn progressive systems sections to see what I can learn there. I do have an old laptop with XP and a serial port.  Also, I checked the 3V battery on the main circuit board and it checks at 2.4 volts.  Could that be contributing to the problem?
Thanks again for your help.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 04:46:54 AM by qbert »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
When you say main board are you talking about the board on the Mikhon unit. Or the MPU for the S2000 slot machine?
If you are talking about the MPU battery that will need to be replaced.
I also noted from your pictures it does not appear that the Mikhon unit is connected to the slot machine.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
Connection at Mikhon and on the backplane board on the S2000

Offline woewoe

• NLG
Thanks qbert, I was referring to the battery on the MPU.  Sorry, still trying to learn all the parts.  However I did check the battery on the Mikhon unit and it read less than 1 volt. 
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 07:24:33 AM by woewoe »

Offline woewoe

• NLG
update:  I was able to load PSP on my old laptop and I can get to the main menu on the Mikhon.  I configured the date and time just to make sure I could communicate with it.  I still can't locate the cables that go from the Mikhon to the backplane board on the S2000.  Still reading and researching.  Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.   

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
Great you have come a long way. 
You might have to make the cable to the backplane board although you would think it would be somewhere in the machine since it was set up for progressive. (It's only 3 wires)
You will still need to replace the battery on the MPU.

Offline jonm287

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • jonm287 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
This is almost embarrassing to say, but I've still got several S2000s with mikohn controllers running on my gaming floor.  I'm off today but during the week I'll try and get you some pictures so you know what the cables look like and where they plug in to.  You're not actually plugging into the backplane, you're plugging into the comm board in the power distribution box.  That's the one where the power cable for the machine plugs into.  It has the fiber connections and a ribbon cable from the backplane going to it.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
I have never seen a stand alone Mikhon plug anywhere else than the backplane board. Every Cham 2 stand alone I have ever seen plugs into the backplane at the J15 connector. I have never seen the comm board used for stand alone. Pictures please.
Rich

Offline jonm287

• NLG
They will be forthcoming when I go back to work.  Maybe I'll show you something new?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
All for it a lot easier to get to.
Thanks

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
Maybe this will help.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
Moved my plug from the backplane to the lower plug on the power distribution box and the progressive works there also. Thanks jonm
 :hijacked2: sorry for the hijack. Back on topic.

Offline woewoe

• NLG
Thanks to everyone for all the info.  I have my work cut out for me but you guys sure do make it a lot easier.  This is fun!  lol  Going to dig in to it tomorrow.  Again, Thanks!

Offline woewoe

• NLG
Moved my plug from the backplane to the lower plug on the power distribution box and the progressive works there also. Thanks jonm
 :hijacked2: sorry for the hijack. Back on topic.
Do you have a picture of where you moved it to you can post with the pin out? 

Offline jonm287

• NLG
Here's where the cable goes to the comm board on the power distribution box.  It goes into the lowermost 6 pin connector.

Offline woewoe

• NLG
Here's where the cable goes to the comm board on the power distribution box.  It goes into the lowermost 6 pin connector.
Thanks Jonm287

Question,
from power pin 3 goes to mikon pin 6,
                         1 goes to           pin 1
                         2                              2

Is that correct?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal