New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally model 1117 Monte Carlo  (Read 6322 times)

Offline coincard

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • coincard New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally model 1117 Monte Carlo
« on: August 28, 2017, 06:41:49 PM »
Hi everyone,

I am new to this so I hope I do not screw up. I just purchased a Bally Model 1117 Monte Carlo and I can not find any information about this machine. I have only been able to find a couple of videos on youtube and nothing else, what gives ? this is my first slot and of course it will not run. the lights come on but it does not register coins but yet the pull handle light is on..
I have been trying to find schematics and or a user manual or something to get me started trying to figure this thing out, This machine is a 5 reel and it has reel lock buttons. If anyone has any info or can point me in the right direction I would truly appreciate it, or maybe you now someone in north Carolina that might be able to repair it...

Dave

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally model 1117 Monte Carlo
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 08:36:09 PM »
Hi Dave and welcome to New Life Games  :wave: ..

Nice find.. I've been looking for one of these Bally's for my collection. Your not going to find a manual just for your game. Your best bet is to find or download a basic Bally EM manual. This will give the basic information on how they work. Most machine use the same basic operating system. The biggest things are to clean the beau plugs, these are the plugs that connect the hopper, reels etc to the cabinet. Then the white air cylinder on the right side of the reels. Then check the relays and blade switch contacts. Of course if this seems like a lot of work, I'd be interested in it.. :cool_thumb_up: :yes:
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 08:52:49 PM »
Thank you very much for the information, I will find a basic manual and go from there. Would it be considered a 1000 series machine or is it in its own class? I have never done any work on one of these so its going to be a challenge, is this machine scarce ? and if so how would I find the right parts if I need some. Sorry for all the questions, and thanks, its like trying to read Greek when I look inside the thing

Dave

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 03:41:03 AM »
They did make a . 1117 EM Monte Carlo machine for export to Denmark a few pictures would help us be certain what it is open the door and take a picture of the inside otherwise you'll just need the basic manual for the E M machine have you built a couple of hundred they get really easy to work on get us some pictures so we can identify for sure it is the machine in this picture I showed and we can talk you through almost any repair there are many people on here with a lot of knowledge

Online Krazoj10

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Krazoj10 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 12:50:24 PM »
My Monte Carlo has a 1166 tag on it from Dublin?
Fun machine to play, with the bonus rounds.
If you need any inside Pictures let me know.
Pics:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 07:27:58 PM by Krazoj10 »

Offline Thompy

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Thompy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 02:35:13 PM »
What a cracker that is, I would say rare, nice one!
It takes a special person to appreciate the M - therockinelvis

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 07:15:48 PM »
Ok, I am going to try and add some pictures, here we go

Dave

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 07:43:10 PM »
That is one beautiful machine it shows you are in the u.s. where did you find an export only machines have you plugged it in have someone rewired it for 1:10 it says on the tag 220 volt and please open the door and take a picture it is beautiful

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 08:08:05 PM »
I bought this from a friend in New York city, He bought the contents of a house and this was one of the items in the house. I have plugged it in and all it does is light up, it will not take any coins and until recently the handle was stuck in the down position, I was able to figure out how to release that handle from some posts found here. From what I was told the original owner use to play this machine and it was suppose to work but it does not.

I have no experience working on EM games, I have several non working EM pinball machines that I have been tinkering with so I have some knowledge about coils and leaf switches but that is about it. I have noticed inside this machine that it has some what looks like tilt switches and they all appear to be bent over so they all are making contact, I will try and get some photos of those posted tomorrow.

I have seen where several people say that this machine is rare and if so I am not sure I am the one who should be trying to figure out how to fix it, I could do more harm than good, does anyone have any idea what this might be worth as it sits ?

Many thanks

Dave

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 08:15:37 PM »
It is a beautiful machine as far as what it is worth not working not restored who knows you found the right person the sky may be the limit if you're tired of messing with it you're happy to get whatever you get out of it go to my Facebook page a year ago or so I posted some videos they will tell you more on basic troubleshooting and servicing that machine then I can on here I recently had some pretty serious health issues so I don't get on here as much as I would like to I would never let that machine go hell I would probably never let any machine go fix it you will learn as you go and it's a fine machine it will give you many years of pleasure anyway go to my Facebook page go down quite a ways there are two videos video 1 and video 2 the tech is amazing he's not a movie star he has a hellacious Lee bad sense of humor but he has one good text I have acquired over a hundred machines from him you will learn so much you will fall in love with these machines and next thing you know you will have 50 at your house

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 08:39:13 PM »
I do love this machine, even though it does not work, I am going to look at some of the material on here and see where it takes me, thanks for your input and taking the time to reply, hope you get to feeling better,

God Bless

Dave

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2017, 09:06:01 PM »
Dave, 
Jon is a great teacher when it comes to these machines. I've met him personally, and he even has one of my machines at his house for repairs. My friend Jeff picked up one of these here for $600 in non working condition. Feel free to give me a call if I can help you with this machine. I'm retired and tinker on machine to keep me busy. I'll send you a PM, ( private message ) with my phone number..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2017, 09:45:41 AM »
A couple of thing you can do to test a machine.
You can simulate an inserted coin by using the coin in switch, see photo.
Also the handle release lever can be pulled to the front of the machine.
This will enable you to pull the handle to check the reel mechanism.
When machines sit for a long period of time the grease/lubricants will harden.
Thus causing the reels to not spin or not stop if they do spin.
Check all the cross shafts, bushings and parts under the reels for movement.
Shafts and bushings should spin freely, parts mounted on shafts should have some side to side movement.
This includes all self adjusting ratchet wheels.
Once the machine is moving, checking the rest of the machine will be easier to do.

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2017, 07:11:31 AM »
Thank you all for the information, I am going to start to check it out sometime over the weekend and will let you know what I find, once again thank you to everyone who has taken the time to help me figure this out...

Dave

Offline Ballyslots-ballyslots

• scott bennett
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Ballyslots-ballyslots New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2017, 08:16:29 PM »
Hi Dave give me a call I'm scott Phone number 760-613-1080
You probably saw my videos on YouTube I go by ballyslots-ballyslots
I have 2 monte carlo games myself and I consider myself an expert on bally em export models I can help you get it going
I'm in the Chicago area
Also if you choose to sell your game
Please contact me I usually pay more  $$ than the other guys

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2017, 04:34:01 PM »
Ok, finally had a chance to sit down and take a good look inside this puppy and it looks to me that the payout counter is missing (not sure where to find one of those), there are several cut wires and what looks like maybe some things missing in the upper cabinet. I got the handle to pull but not very easily and the reals do not spine, 4 of the 5 will spin by hand but the 5th one will not, I am going to remove the unit and see if maybe one of the reels are stuck in locked mode.
I did notice that the pull handle gears are covered in thick sticky grease, is it possible to remove the handle unit and spray it down with some brake cleaner and degrease it or is that to harsh?
I will have some photos to put up later tonight or Saturday after noon... thanks

In the mean time I bought a Bally V2000 Money Honey that is in working condition so I could have something to play for now, Would anyone happen to have a V2000 manual as i can not figure out how to turn down the volume and when it sits for awhile it plays some really crappy music really loud, any help would be great, Thanks again

Dave

• scott bennett
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2017, 05:09:07 PM »
Hi Dave
if the hopper has wires sticking out and no wiper board you might have a big problem
I'm going to take pictures of my game so you can compare the two
Also your serial tag isn't correct
You have an Australian monte carlo
The tag should say
1117-1
Serial number should be between 1 - 150
Bally made monte carlo games for Australia with serial numbers between 1-150 denmark with danish glass with serial numbers between 151-300 and England with different pay schedule serial numbers 301 and up

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2017, 05:28:26 PM »
That would be great, I will watch for your photos, thanks

Dave

• scott bennett
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2017, 05:41:17 PM »
Here's some pictures for you hope it helps
These are pictures of my game

• scott bennett
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2017, 05:46:16 PM »
If you are having trouble give me a call or email me
Scottcindysammy@gmail.com
760-613-1080
I can send you pictures of all the wires and parts inside a monte carlo

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal