New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: EasyPro 80B PROBLEM  (Read 2778 times)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
EasyPro 80B PROBLEM
« on: November 20, 2017, 08:03:06 PM »
My EasyPro 80B works fine on my dinosaur Windows Vista desk top. However I want to replace it (my garage computer) with my Windows 10 laptop. The program software loads but when it asks me to detect it, the device is "not found" although the program comes up but will not work.
On Vista it came up as normal when double clicking the icon.  I tried to press the update but I get a site with a bunch of Chinese shit on it.
I don't read or speak Chinese.  :hissyfit:
Does anyone know of a site where I an update this to windows 10?
非常感谢你
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: EasyPro 80B PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 08:27:03 PM »
Maybe you need an updated USB driver (if it is avail) for the programmer for use with Windows 10? Or maybe you can set the Windows 10 to run in "compatible" mode when using the EasyPro software? You can right-click on the desktop EasyPro icon, then select "Properties", then look for a "Compatibility" tab to see what choices you have. Sometimes there is a compatibility dropdown that lets you pick an older versions of Windows compatibility mode.

Otherwise you may have to dedicate an older computer/laptop just for using the EasyPro80B.

What's so hard about learning Chinese, kemosabe?   :24:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 08:48:32 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 08:51:09 PM »
I've searched and searched and searched! All I get are sites selling it and no driver!
I've give all the tea in China to find one!  :rotfl:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 09:00:30 PM »
You need to find an Asian girlfriend that can help with translating that webpage. At the places selling it do they list what versions of Windows it will work with? If Windows 10 is listed then you know there is updated software for it.

If the EasyPro80B is an older model it may no longer be supported and no software updates are available. It was a fairly popular programmer, so maybe someone here has one and they figured out what to do when they went to a newer ver of Windows.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 09:29:09 AM »
I had a Taiwanese girlfriend 8 years ago but... she told me "wan an" and that was it!
I searched 30 minutes and there's NOTHING out there on updating this burner. I think I'll just get another one. This one actually works great once you get the hang of it but I'm just tired of having a desk top set up in the garage when my smaller laptop would be fine.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 08:04:22 PM »
Nearly a year later... still can't find ANY update on this stupid thing. Does anyone know???

Looks like just will have to get another that will work on Windows 10. Seems to be no choice and I want to get rid of my old computer and use my laptop for this.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 11:16:36 PM »
Have you thought about using a phone app translator? Me and my daughter did this with a skill stop slot machine we had here last year to see how you played the games on the small video screen. It worked pretty well.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 12:22:28 AM »
Perhaps these links may be helpful?

This person described how to get his EasyPro 90b to be recognized by Windows 10 (sounded like the same issue you were having with the 80b, and they both use the same software from what I can see): http://www.mcumall.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7554

Looks like you can download the R2007.5.15 software here if you don't have it already, which is listed as being the latest version, although I suspect it's from 2007 based on the name.  I found evidence of a 2011 software revision (still way too early for Windows 10 support), but couldn't find a working download of that.  Here's the 2007 one: http://www.mcumall.com/downloads/download.asp?DownloadID=12
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2018, 08:28:52 AM »
Thanks Kevin! That may get me somewhere, finally. The thing works great, but only on my ancient Windows Vista desktop in the garage, and I'd like to toss it and use my older (but not so old) laptop.
Gary... I'm not sure what you meant!  :Scratch-Head:

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2018, 08:43:07 AM »
Use your smart phone with a translator App to read the Chinese writing 🧐.. Me and my daughter did this with a skill stop slot machine we use to have here to play the games on its video monitor. It works great..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2018, 03:03:04 PM »
Oh yes... I've done that. It's fun! I can make my 2 meter radio HT talk in Chinese too.
Translating anything online from EasyPro didn't help. There was only one update and it was from 2007. Did nothing for Windows 10.
I'm off to work now but I'm going to try the link Kevin posted on going into the driver file and selecting Windows 7 from there. I hope it works. I REALLY want my giant desktop outta the garage. Well it's not really that big but takes up too much space. I need that for more slot machine, payphone and ham radio stuff.  :yes:

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2018, 05:11:23 PM »
Well crap... the only version doesn't have the Windows 7 option in the driver file, only XP and Windows 98! I don't know where that guy got an updated driver ... I've searched endlessly. :(

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2018, 05:54:38 PM »
I've tried everything. I got a reply from another member with a link to a supposedly newer update but ... same old thing. I tried all the drivers and no will recognize the device on Windows 10.
This is no longer worth any more time. All I wanted was to toss my huge computer in the garage and use my laptop to burn chips from time to time.
Can anyone recommend another inexpensive burner that should suffice for the stuff here?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal