New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Another 1090 issue  (Read 1285 times)

Offline coincard

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • coincard New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Another 1090 issue
« on: December 03, 2017, 03:47:08 PM »
Ok I picked up a Bally 1090 and the machine was dead when I got it, it had been re-laminated and the laminate was peeling, so after tearing it all apart and striping the outer laminate and putting it back together I found several broken wires and bent contacts which I fixed, I cleaned all the contacts and wiper board and it fired up, the only thing is that the upper cabinet lights did not come on or the insert coin or coin accepted lights. After looking everything over for several hours I did not see anything broken or cut, I had checked all the fuses before I started and all were good...

Then I noticed one of the fuse caps was different on a 5V fuse holder, I switched it with a matching fuse holder cap and the lights came on, even the coin in and accepted lights, but after a few minutes the coin in and accepted light quite working again, and now I went out to work on it tonight and the upper cabinet lights have quite working also, all fuses are still good, any pointers as were to start looking for trouble....

Thanks

Dave

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Another 1090 issue
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 09:09:46 PM »
Check the 6 volt fuse again and the fuse holder for a possible loose wire. Considering it worked for awhile after you inserted a new fuse. I believe the 6 volt fuse is 15 amps, but will double check in the morning.

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 07:13:23 PM »
Thanks for the reply David, I went back and looked the fuse holders over again and I found that the 15 amp fuse holder was taped up and after pulling the tape off the wires were just twisted on there, after fixing that I am happy to say that the upper cabinet lights are now working again. Still no coin in coin accepted lights, I have cleaned all the switches several times but no luck.

Does anyone have any idea how to adjust the hinges on the door ? I had to take the door off to strip the old peeling laminate off and after putting the door back on it pinches along the hinge side of the door...

Dave

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 08:09:33 PM »
Ok, I have everything working like it should and now all of a sudden the hopper makes a loud humming noise and does not pay out at all, it only happens every once in a while, after further investigation I noticed that the motor brake is not letting go like it should, anyone have any ideas as to what causes this ?

Dave

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 10:51:10 AM »
Check the brake to see if it moves freely. Do this by pushing the metal plate down towards the motor. If the mechanism is dirty, the magnetic force may not be able to disengage the brake. 

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 11:54:32 AM »
Yes the brake will free up if I push the metal bar, and if I do it while the hopper is stopped up the hopper will resume and payout like it should. Are there places that need to be cleaned on the brake or contacts that control that ? that I should be looking at....

Thanks for your reply David...

Dave

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 01:50:06 PM »
Compare the brake assembly with another machine. Check to see if all the parts are in there natural state. As in not bent, cracked or missing.
There isn't much to the functioning of this brake. As you can see the magnetism from the motors outer frame pulls the brake off.
Soon as the power is cut the spring pulls the flap up thus engaging the two white hooks to lock the motor.
If you are careful this function can be replicated by applying 120 volts to the motor. If you place a switch between the motor and power supply you would be able to turn the motor on and off. Possibly seeing what is malfunctioning.
Please use much caution when testing the 120 volt circuit.

If the brake is on the bottom of the motor look for anything that would obstruct the brake function.       

Offline Denmark

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Denmark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 04:00:00 AM »
Maybe the metal piece on the brake has been magnetic - put a piece of tape on the metalpart on the brake - that might work

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 08:39:19 AM »
I adjusted the brake bar a bit and it  has not done it since so I am ready to call this machine done, many thanks to all who replied to my questions, I know it takes time to send replies but all of us benefit and appreciate all the help, many thanks once again and Merry Christmas to everyone....

Dave

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal