New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Minor Issues Bally 1090-42  (Read 1413 times)

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Minor Issues Bally 1090-42
« on: December 05, 2017, 12:49:56 PM »
The Deposit Coin light works from time to time.
The Coin Accepted light isn't working at all.

I've cleaned all the contacts on the side of the reel assemble and on the hopper.  Which contacts control these two lights.

Thanks

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Re: Minor Issues Bally 1090-42
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 10:53:14 PM »
Not sure with your exact game but... when I had similar problems I started at the light itself and traced backward.  Good bulbs and sockets, and special attention to the molex plug on the door.   I hate to see posts for help and no replies.   Keep us informed.

Ra

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 09:20:13 PM »
The coin relay switch bottom left side of reels and the horizontal B switch also on the side of the reels.
There part of the circuit that controls the coin in and insert coin lights.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 11:55:04 AM by DavidLee »

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 03:17:07 AM »
David I was just going to say that. Lol

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 06:59:12 AM »
Here's a few pics, can you direct me to the switches that control coin in and coin accepted?
I've cleaned all contacts on the hopper and the payout assemble. 

Thanks

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 08:13:10 AM »
Bob,   doing this from memory, so bear with me.  the coin relay, mounted on the left side of the reel mech controls the coin in and coin accepted lamps. both are 6.3 vac lamps,  should have a blue wire going to each bulb socket contact, this is the Hot side of the 6.3 vac, the other wire on the bulb  socket will eventually go back  to the switch contact on the coin relay. the wire color and tracer for the coin in bulb should go to one contact on the coin relay , the center contact should have a yellow wire on it (common for 6.3vac), and the third contact should have the wire color and tracer for the coin accept lamp. when the relay is reset, the common and the coin in wire should be making, when the relay is energized the coin accepted contacts should be making.

you can test the bulb and socket using any solid yellow wire connection, touch the yellow wire with another wire and then touch the other end to the opposite side of the coin in lamp (NOT THE BLUE WIRE) it should light, do the same for the coin accepted lamp.

Hope this helps,   call me tonight if not,  I'll get out my books and tell you the wire color etc.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 09:30:05 AM »
Update - Progress!!!

I found the neutral wire to both the deposit coin and coin accepted lights were broken.  repaired by soldering short pieces of new wire into each.  Both lights now work but only if I shift the reel assemble around. I'm going to do some cleaning of the male side of the beau plugs to hopefully get better contact/connections.  Any suggestion on this?

thanks
Bob

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 01:44:35 PM »
I personally use WD-40 and spray the female plug, Then I save and use worn out nail files my wife and daughter use,. The cheap paper or cardboard ones that you can buy at any dollar store.. I cut then down to a narrow strip to clean the inside of the female plugs.. Like I said, I only use the ones that are worn out, never a new one. They are just the right thickness to do this job.. Once I've cleaned the female plugs, I then spray them with a contact cleaned or rubbing alcohol. I have a spray bottle of alcohol I use for cleaning everything. As for the male plugs/pins you can do the same thing. Once both are cleaned, I like to spray a mist of WD-40 on the Female plugs again. This I found helps keep a good connection, as well as makes it easier to remove the hopper and reel mechs later down the road. I've been doing this for years and have never had a bad experience from doing it this way.. This is just my opinion, others will frown on my way of dealing with beau plugs, but it works for me..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 12:03:42 PM »
Great, you found a broken wire.

Gary, good advise for cleaning and maintaining the beau plugs.
Never had to clean a female socket yet, but will remember your advise.

Note in my previous post I meant to type Reels not Hopper. Sorry for any confusion. 

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 01:22:15 PM »
Great, you found a broken wire.

Gary, good advise for cleaning and maintaining the beau plugs.
Never had to clean a female socket yet, but will remember your advise.

Note in my previous post I meant to type Reels not Hopper. Sorry for any confusion.

David,
I have found that cleaning the inside of the female beau plug does make a big difference. It keep the problem from happening again anytime soon.. I use my razor knife or small wire cutters to trim down the worn out nail files I can cean a female beau plug in about 2 minutes this way.. Try it sometime..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal