New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT 3070C Manuals  (Read 5386 times)

Offline mkoehn

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mkoehn New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT 3070C Manuals
« on: January 26, 2015, 11:33:10 AM »
Hello - I just acquired a n IGT 3070C.  I see there were some posts and some archives regarding the manual.  Could anyone point me to the manual?  It appears you needed to be a member on the old site to access the .net site.  I would be fine with an email of it also.  Thanks for any help you could provide!

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: IGT 3070C Manuals
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 02:20:22 AM »
Unfortunately the model number doesn't help too much.  Do you have a picture of the outside and/or inside of the machine so we can tell which model it is?  Also, what's wrong with your machine?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline mkoehn

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 08:41:17 AM »
I cannot seem to get pictures to load, so I found one on eBay so at least you can see what the model looks like: http://www.ebay.com/itm/190702717118?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The issue I am having is that I loaded about $100 in quarters into the machine, but it keeps coming up with the error that it is out of money and call the attendant.  I also tried to drop in new quarters through the inbound slot but they just fall out the front of the machine.  Any advice would be appreciated!

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 06:32:36 PM »
Congrats on your new game.  Is there a coin mech or coin comparator in it?  Does the comparator  have a coin in it?  My two wild shots in the dark.

Ra

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 02:03:25 AM »
The issue I am having is that I loaded about $100 in quarters into the machine, but it keeps coming up with the error that it is out of money and call the attendant.  I also tried to drop in new quarters through the inbound slot but they just fall out the front of the machine.  Any advice would be appreciated!

The one pictured on eBay is a Fortune II, but the Fortune II bartops look very similar to the PE+ bartops with only some minor differences.  Pictures of your specific machine would be best to confirm that you do have a Fortune II.  If your pictures are too big to upload directly to NLG, there's an alternate method that should work -- directions can be found here.

Regardless of the specific model, here are some troubleshooting things you can try:

If there's a "CALL ATTENDANT" tilt on the screen, the machine will not accept any coins until the tilt is cleared.  As such, we need to focus on the issue of the tilt since there likely isn't anything wrong with the machine's ability to accept coins -- it's just doing what it's supposed to do, which is to not accept coins while there's an active tilt.

Based on what you said, I assume that you have a "HOPPER EMPTY" message on the screen?  If so, that means the machine is in the middle of trying to pay out coins and has not detected that a coin has exited the hopper in "x" number of seconds, so it assumes that the hopper is empty.  Since you stated that the hopper does indeed have coins in it, we need to figure out why they're not exiting the hopper.

- First, did this machine ever work properly for you?  If so, what happened to cause it to stop working properly?

- Does the hopper make noise before the "hopper empty" message appears?  That is, does it sound like it's trying to pay out coins?

- Is the agitator in the hopper worn out causing coins to not get moved around as the hopper turns?  Generally this won't immediately result in an empty hopper message -- a more common symptom is that it will only pay out a few coins and then not pick up any more, until you manually agitate the remaining coins in the hopper.

- Is the shelf wheel able to pick up quarters?  You might want to try emptying out the hopper, then put only a small handful of quarters into the hopper.  Then, use the self-test button to navigate to the hopper test, and run the hopper test with the door open so you can see what is or isn't happening.

- Check the escalator (the long flat tube-like contraption that sticks up from the hopper and brings the coins up to the player payout tray) to ensure that the coins in it aren't jammed.  Try removing all of the coins from the escalator to see if new coins move up the escalator properly during the hopper test.

- If the hopper isn't turning at all, empty all of the coins out and check for any jammed coins or debris that is preventing the hopper wheel from turning.

Good luck!  The more detail you can give us on what the hopper is or isn't doing, the more we can help.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 02:18:06 AM »
For reference, to show how similar the cabinets are, here's the Fortune II from eBay (not working), followed by a PE+ from an NLG member (screen and buttons lit).  From the outside, the two machines look very similar.

Offline mkoehn

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 09:28:30 PM »
Thanks for the tips on what to look for!   I think I have my issues figured out with the pictures - hopefully they are helpful to you.  This machine as not worked since I got it.  I did however find some dimes jammed in the mech and I was able to get them out.  I also checked the escalator and the quarters seem to slide fine.  In the meantime before you responded, I did more searching and replacing the battery seemed to be what a lot of people did to solve their issues so I replaced the battery - I put on a remote one so there should be no worry of acid damage going forward. I replaced the board, turned it on and then flipped the little reset switch on the board - the screen went blank, then I flipped it back on and now I have a different screen - still says contact attendant. I tried to push the service button to get into the menu, but the button does nothing. The service button used to work. I also used to get the message that the door was open, but I no longer get that either. The key switch still works and that takes me through some audit screens, but nothing that helps me to get it re-set.   Help!!

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 01:50:35 AM »
Well, that is indeed an IGT Fortune II bartop video poker machine.  I wish I knew more about them to help you out, but I don't.  My hunch is that there's a problem with your processor board, but I don't even know enough about them to be able to say that for sure.  I did send you an e-mail with the little bit of Fortune II documentation I have, in case that helps.  Good luck -- hopefully someone else here has seen that issue on their screen and can help you out.

Offline mkoehn

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 11:15:52 PM »
Thanks Kevin!  I took a look at the manual and I think if I can get past this error, I think it will be very helpful in gettng the games set up.   If anyone else has any other ideas for me, I would surely appreciate it!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal