New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Fortune 1 video slot No power to interface board help please!  (Read 4108 times)

Offline junkman

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • junkman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Fortune 1 video slot No power to interface board help please!
« on: February 05, 2016, 03:58:09 PM »
I'm having a issue with my fortune 1 video slot I sent the processor board off to klar. A couple years back and they returned them and done a great job. Tried the board out when I got it back and it worked good. But the machine was a little sluggish and here we are 2 years later getting around to this machine again.  I fired it up and get pretty good picture and the screen says insert coin I drop a coin in and it just goes thru to the hopper with no credit. So I open the door and try flicking the coin switch nothing if my memory is correct I was having issues with the cherry switch. So when I look back at the interface board no red lights lit. I think the last time I was playing it a couple years ago the red leds are suppose to be lit. Its like the interface board has no power.  Can someone tell me what wire powers the board I have a manual but can't make out the wording its a blur. And I can't find any fuses in the slot anywhere. Can someone point me in the right direction is it a diode or resistor ?

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: Fortune 1 video slot No power to interface board help please!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 07:02:46 PM »
Try unplugging and plugging back in the large 24 pin DIP connector and the smaller 18 pin DIP connector that connects to the door wiring.

Be careful not to break a pin.

Also, do any I/O board lights turn on when you press any of the deal or draw buttons?

If not you may try shorting all of the coin in switch wires together with some alligator jumpers, if the deal, draw button presses now light up with different codes on the I/O board you have a open coin switch.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline junkman

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 07:32:12 PM »
All the machine has is a slot handle no buttons just put money in and pull handle

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 07:53:01 PM »
I ran into a similar problem with a machine (not a f/1) but a video poker. The mpu had a battery leaking and I thought that was the cause of my problems. A couple of years later, even though I'd been playing it, it started to do the same thing. The repair was still good and the battery had ample charge. After talking to Larry, He suggested I unplug the mpu and plug it back in. I went a step further. Since I had it out I used contact cleaner and cleaned and sprayed every Molex connector to the board. Afterwards did a double or triple plug and unplug, put it all back together and it is still working perfectly. When you got the board back, if it's doing what it did before or similar. Try the plug and unplug thing. Sometimes we over think it, as time and corrosion can cause a lot of troubles especially with video machines. Mine is the same setup coins in, no buttons, just pull the handle. I love it!

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline junkman

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 08:06:51 PM »
I have been trying that with no luck could the cherry switch on the door cause this

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 08:18:55 PM »
If the Cherry switch is bad no other buttons or in your case the slot handle will not work.

All switch wiring is in series and starts with the Cherry switch.

Another thing to check is the jumpers on the back of the backplane board, they are also part of the series of switches.

As is the reset key switch on the side of the machine. Had a customer with no switches and one of the wires had fallen off of the reset key switch.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline junkman

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 09:30:57 PM »
I can't get a coin to register a credit on the machine. It just says insert coin. Like I said no lights on the interface board. The coin just falls in the hopper. No power to board.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 10:32:11 PM »
What type of coin acceptor does it have in the door? Is it a mechanical type or one of the electronic coin comparitor models like a CC-16 or similar? If it is a coin comparitor make sure there is a sample coin installed or the inserted coins will fall right thru. Can you post a photo showing the inside of the main door so we can see the coin acceptor mechanism?

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline junkman

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 06:40:38 AM »
Pics of coin mech. And door switches

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 08:37:13 AM »
on the back wall there are two circuit breakers, red push type resets,  push these both in a couple of times and see if that will help.

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline junkman

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 09:47:17 AM »
Well guys fixed the issue the black shelf button that is mounted to the door that you lift to get to processor board the whit wire was hanging not connected to button. That fixed it the game is playing good for now. The only other thing I noticed was that it will keep taking quarters to the hooper instead of after the third coin the fourth should go to the front tray because it's a three coin game

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 10:37:41 AM »
Well guys fixed the issue the black shelf button that is mounted to the door that you lift to get to processor board the whit wire was hanging not connected to button. That fixed it the game is playing good for now. The only other thing I noticed was that it will keep taking quarters to the hooper instead of after the third coin the fourth should go to the front tray because it's a three coin game

Was that broken wire going to a security switch for the mpu board or logic board card cage? Machine won't play unless door is being sensed closed?

Does the machine have settings or dipswitches that tell it how many coins max there are for a game? If so maybe that is set to the wrong value and it keeps accepting coins.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline junkman

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 12:23:16 PM »
Hers the broken wire the white one was off. And thanks everyone for your help on this machine. On down two more machines to get up and going. Is there somewhere I can post a question on a slingo 2004 poker machine?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal