New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Need HELP!  (Read 9943 times)

Offline Glasact

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Glasact New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Need HELP!
« on: May 27, 2015, 05:16:32 PM »
I just turned on my S-2000 three reel Double Gold machine a couple of nights ago, and got a LOUD alarm sound with a call attendant message.  It has not been turned on for about four months and was working fine back then.  I tried my reset key and received a message "Main Battery Low".   From this point on I am lost.  Is this why I am getting the load alarm?  Where is this battery and how do I replace it.  I have three machines and do not know much about any of them.  I have never had a problem with any of them and therefore never needed to remove any components.  You guys guided me through adding three toppers and adding two bells, hope you can help me with this one also.       
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 04:37:59 PM by cowboygames »

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: Need HELP!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 05:39:13 PM »
In the lower part of the cabinet on the left wall is your MPU tray. With the machine off, slide it out and look for  a nickle size coin battery. This is your main battery. If it'soldered in you can order one and swap it yourself or take it to batteries plus. If it's a slide in, then just order it from one of our vendors or see if batteries plus has one and slide the new battery in. You will need to reset a couple ram errors that will pop up, but it should come up and run

Offline Glasact

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 04:11:42 AM »
I will take a look tonight and see if I can find it.
Thank You,

Offline dmaxman

• Reputation Power: 0
  • dmaxman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 05:18:39 AM »
I have the same thing going on now. I have it saying main battery low and closure M. The green varta battery was at .6 volts so I removed it hoping maybe that would cure all but no. The main battery is at 2.5 volts...is that low enough to give the error? The traces look fine around the battery I removed.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 08:27:10 AM »
Main battery must be above 2.7 volts.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Glasact

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 02:51:51 PM »
I found a soldered in place battery (I think) about the size of a quarter.  I have attached a picture, it has the yellow plastic band around it.  Is this the correct battery I need to replace?

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 03:29:45 PM »
That's the one and if you want to you can get a holder like what computer CPU's use and switch to slide in batteries if you like. Either way works great. While you're getting that battery replaced either remove that larger 3 cell green battery or have it removed. It's not needed and they're a pain in the butt down the road

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 03:38:16 PM »
The batteries last quite a awhile (couple years usually), so it's not crucial to have a battery holder. You can also replace that coin battery with the barrel style battery (1/2 AA size). If you can solder, you can do it yourself in 5-10 minutes.

Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline dmaxman

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 04:28:09 PM »
So now my main battery is replaced. Now I have the ram error message. Is this an easy fix? Time to browse and see what I can learn.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 04:44:15 PM »
Open the main door, alarm will sound, turn jackpot reset key 3 times, hold reset button in on the MPU by the LED lights for 3 seconds and close the door

Offline dmaxman

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 04:57:18 PM »
Thank you so much I am now up and running. I see my sound has changed and I will need to go in the settings and change it. But for now it makes me feel like I am playing something different :cool_thumb_up:

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 05:27:56 PM »
Glad you got it going!

Offline Glasact

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 07:49:12 AM »
I like the idea of replacing the battery, with a slide in battery holder.  Where do I purchase one of these?  Also do I need to do anything additional when I desolder the green battery from the board?

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2015, 08:01:44 AM »
One of the vendors on the home page can hook you up with a battery holder. And no, once you remove that green battery nothing else should be needed unless it had corroded and leaked on the board, then you will want to clean it before trace damage is done

Offline Glasact

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2015, 06:30:07 AM »
I have removed both batteries.  I am now waiting for the new main battery to get here so I can try it out.  I did not see any signs of corrosion or leakage where I removed the green battery.  I will keep you up to date when the new battery arrives.

Thanks,
Mark

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2015, 07:58:18 AM »
If there's no corrosion you should be in good shape. Good luck with your project

Offline Glasact

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2015, 12:00:38 PM »
Looking for a source to buy a Main Battery,  Having No Luck :Scratch-Head:

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2015, 02:58:58 PM »
Looking for a source to buy a Main Battery,  Having No Luck :Scratch-Head:
Skimmed over this post quick and I think you're looking for a coin battery and holder? If so, here it tis.. (Sold by Raz, a member here)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-IGT-S2000-CR2032-BATTERY-HOLDER-AND-BATTERIES-/161668033900?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a42a6d6c

Offline Jayson1978

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Jayson1978 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2015, 09:32:53 PM »
I'm lost guys!
I just got a machine and don't know anything about it, besides its not working! Please help/advise

Mod Note: You can re-post your questions in the correct location here   http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=80.0
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 05:44:09 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline Glasact

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2015, 04:16:45 AM »
Hello,
Just received my main battery from Raz yesterday.  I installed it per your instructions last evening and everything is back up and working again.  :applause: :dancing_2: :hail:
Many thanks to everyone who helped..................I believe another contribution to NLG is in order!

I am also going to remove the green batteries from my two remaining games if they are still in them.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal