New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Fortune 1 monitor problems  (Read 11716 times)

Offline JuJu504

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • JuJu504 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT Fortune 1 monitor problems
« on: March 05, 2017, 05:45:00 PM »
Im new to this forum and new to video poker machines, could someone please help me identify the model of my machine? I know that its a 1978 Fortune but dont know the model. Im trying identify it so that i can try to fix it. Thanks in advance

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT Fortune 1 monitor problems
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 07:31:11 PM »
Looks to be a Fortune 1, made by IGT..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 09:14:54 PM »
Yep, that gold colored tray above the monitor says it is a Fortune I. Just hope it is a Ceronix monitor (easy to fix) and not the older Sony TV conversion monitor (hard to fix).
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline JuJu504

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 09:27:05 PM »
Its a Ceronix monitor. Im new to poker machines, and i just got this fortune 1 machine today and it powers on all lights light up and monitor comesbon to a blue screen but nothing else shows on the screen, cooling fan isnt coming on, and when i drop a quarter it falls into the payout slot not the hopper. Any help would be very appreciated

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 09:56:35 PM »
you might want to power off the machine a try removing the circuit board above the monitor.. Clean the edge connections with a pink eraser then reinstall it.. You might also want to do the same to the ceronix chassis connection plugs.. But DO NOT touch or remove the one going to the monitor,  that's high voltage and unless you have done it before don't mess with it.. There are two or 3 small plugs on the ceronix chassis that you can check..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline JuJu504

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 10:01:06 PM »
Ill try that tonight and let you know how that work out. Thanks a million

Offline JuJu504

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 11:46:47 PM »
Now i can see the cards and what is supposed to be the wording on screen but they seem to ve tilted at a extreme slant, and horozontally scrolling and really light in appearance. When i adjust the picture using the adjustment knobs above the monitor and i get the scrollingbto slow down and almost stop, i cant get the extreme slant out of it. Then the scrolling starts again. I know that im doing something wrong i just cant figure out what. And its driving me crazy.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 12:40:25 AM »
It could be that the horizontal signal going to the monitor is weak due to a bad connection on the plug that connects to the bottom of the monitor.
It could be the connector that plugs into the back plane board has come loose (marked "video"). Check that it is securely connected.
Try cleaning that connector with cleaner (even foaming glass cleaner will work in a pinch) and brushing the pins with a nylon brush.

It could also be the clock circuit on the MPU board. They do tend to fail due to a weak IC at location D10.
Or it could be the 7407 driver chip, near the color controls on the MPU, is weak or it's legs are corroded, pull it out, clean it, and plug back in.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline JuJu504

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 12:22:41 PM »
Does any one know how to test for a bad clock circuit on my Fortune 1 video poker machine?

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 12:25:19 PM »
I am not sure but badbaud should chime in shortly and help you out.  Welcome to the forum.

Ra

Offline JuJu504

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 12:27:28 PM »
Thanks for the welcome. Everybody is awesomebon here. I love it. Lol

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 12:57:14 PM »
Does any one know how to test for a bad clock circuit on my Fortune 1 video poker machine?
In the shop that would normally be done with a frequency counter or an o'scope. The clock signal is what sets the timing for all the other cpu circuits so it is checked for the right freq plus a good clean signal without any ringing or transients that could cause erratic operation of the chips connected to it.

Without this type of test equip I guess you could measure it with a voltmeter to see if something was present on the test point. This isn't the best way since it is limited on what it can tell you. If the clock is a 0 to 5 volt signal you will see about 2.5 volts dc (provided the clock is a symmetrical signal, many but not all of them are).

Below is an o'scope showing clock signal:
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline JuJu504

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 01:26:13 PM »
Thanks, for confusing the hell out of me. Lol. Guess that means ill just have to send it in to be checked.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2017, 01:36:53 PM »
Thanks, for confusing the hell out of me. Lol. Guess that means ill just have to send it in to be checked.

well, I didn't know what kind of troubleshooting experience you have so I just answered your question straight-up.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline JuJu504

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2017, 04:23:09 PM »
Sorry, i didnt mean to sound unappreciative, i am very much so, i just meant that your answer showed me that this was beyond my scope of knowledge :Scratch-Head: . Lol. I can use a multi meter but dont own or know how to use a oscilloscope.  I think i may study up on that and possibly get a scope. Knowledge is power, im a firm believer in that. Thank you so much.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2017, 04:36:29 PM »
JuJu:

Dont feel bad.  I get dumbfounded by the answers of these experts all of the time.  That is how a have learned a lot from these guys and gals.  When all else fails send the board out to Larry Weber and Allen for EXPERT service.

Ra

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2017, 04:55:41 PM »
What leads you to believe it's a "bad clock circuit?"
Can you just describe the problem to us? Are there any error codes? Is there a picture, etc? That might be a better way to start troubleshooting without having to just send the board out.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline JuJu504

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2017, 05:39:51 PM »
Im not sure if it is the clock circuit, Badbaud made several suggestions and that was one of them. The problem is my fortune 1 comes on ( lights and screen for sure) but the screen is scrolling bad and the image is tilted really bad and adjusting screen helps a little until i take my hand of the adjustment pot knob then it scrolls like crazy. The card images get really small from the tilting. The lockout solenoid wont cut on to allow coins to the hopper, the coins just fall to the payout tray and my cooling fan isnt working. So i dont know if its all related or not. Machine worked a year ago just fine but after being turned off and unplugged for a year it is acting crazy now. And its driving me crazy. :banghead:
So im trying everything that everybody suggests to fix it

Offline JuJu504

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2017, 05:49:27 PM »
Here is ther best photo i can take
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 04:56:02 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2017, 05:55:37 PM »
Im not sure if it is the clock circuit, Badbaud made several suggestions and that was one of them. The problem is my fortune 1 comes on ( lights and screen for sure) but the screen is scrolling bad and the image is tilted really bad and adjusting screen helps a little until i take my hand of the adjustment pot knob then it scrolls like crazy. The card images get really small from the tilting. The lockout solenoid wont cut on to allow coins to the hopper, the coins just fall to the payout tray and my cooling fan isnt working. So i dont know if its all related or not. Machine worked a year ago just fine but after being turned off and unplugged for a year it is acting crazy now. And its driving me crazy. :banghead:
So im trying everything that everybody suggests to fix it

Since you have an image on your crt screen (monitor) I'd think the mpu (main logic board in the machine) is hopefully ok, that your crt screen needs work. It isn't uncommon for the old monitors to need a "cap job", which is replacing several of the old larger capacitors on the monitor circuit board. Or there could be something else on the monitor that has gone bad. The video signal does come from the mpu board in the machine, so if you send it out to get checked and repaired they will tell you if it is ok or not. Then you'll know if the monitor has a problem.

The cooling fan is a separate problem, it's probably just old and worn. You might be able to put a drop of lightweight oil on its spindle and get it to going. But honestly you probably don't need a cooling fan for that machine in your home and having it not running will make things a little quieter. If you do want to get it running post a photo of it and we can tell you how to try to get it going. Or you can just get a new fan and replace it, they come in lots of different sizes and operating voltages but you can likely find one that will work ok. But like I said, I don't think you even need a fan, many home owners unplug them. So I'd worry about the fan after everything else is fixed.

I'm not sure about the lockout solenoid and what it takes to activate it, but I don't think it has anything to do with a screwy image on the monitor screen.

If you have a meter you can start by measuring the power supply voltages to see if they are correct. And you can check as many of the connectors as you can for being loose, tarnished, broken wires, etc. Do a good visual inspection, post a photo of anything you are not sure about.

Does your mpu board have a battery that could have leaked onto the board? That's a bad thing to happen so be sure to check for that. Post a photo of your mpu board so we can look it over.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal