New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: NLG Server Status  (Read 12403 times)

Offline Joeylc

• Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
NLG Server Status
« on: June 11, 2014, 10:30:46 AM »
Ok Here we go we knew this was coming and here it is  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: 

This was the #1 reason we did this massive upgrade.. We just hope the old Archive site survives... :arrowthruhead: :arrowthruhead:

Important information regarding your accounts on jaguar.host_gator  - Please read this email in full...

Dear Valued Customer,

We're writing to inform you of an important change in your server's default configuration that may affect your websites, including those of any of your resold accounts. We will be updating the default version of PHP on jaguar.websitewelcome.com starting 6/18/2014.

We have attempted to automatically check the compatibility of your accounts. Please bear in mind that you may circumvent any of these results by manually configuring your desired PHP version utilizing the instructions in this email's FAQ section. If you take no further action, your accounts will be configured as follows:

Compatible with PHP 5.4 (These accounts will use the new PHP 5.4 version)

nlgcom
kg7nlg
joeylc

While these accounts have passed automated testing, we strongly urge you to test PHP 5.4 manually by following the directions given in this article:

http://support.hostgator.com/articles/hosting-guide/php-5-4-server-update

Not Compatible with PHP 5.4

nlgorg
nlgnet

FAQ:

1) Why are you making this change?

The default version of PHP that our servers are currently utilizing (PHP 5.2) has been deprecated for some time. As such, we would like to see your sites enjoying the security and performance benefits of the newer versions of PHP which we already have available on your server.

2) How can I make sure my sites will work?

While we are taking every possible step to try and automatically assign the right version to all of your scripts, we do want to ask you to please login into your cPanel and test all of your sites using PHP 5.4 yourself.

The default behavior of your account is for PHP settings to be inherited by sub-directories. That means that you can quickly test all of your site's compatibility with PHP 5.4, by setting the PHP handler of your home directory (public_html) to PHP 5.4. Then simply test your websites by opening them in your browser. We have added an easy to use plugin to configure your PHP version to your cPanel, follow these steps to use it:

* Login to your cPanel at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

* From the home page locate the "Advanced" box and click on "PHP Configuration."

* Select "PHP 5.4" from the drop-down menu and leave the default directory, click "Update" to submit the changes.

* You should see a confirmation message that reads: The ".php" file extension will be processed by PHP 54 for this account.

* You may now visit your websites and check for any issues or visible errors. If your sites function normally it means your sites are compatible with PHP 5.4 and you will not need to perform any other steps from this point.

3) Will my site's experience any down time?

The switch between PHP versions is a simple text change in your .htaccess file. There is no maintenance which must be performed on the server itself. However, applications that are not compatible with PHP 5.4 will fail to load properly if they have not had the correct version of PHP set. While we will make every effort to automatically perform compatibility checks for each account and set the appropriate handler, it is imperative for you to double-check compatibility before 6/18/2014 .

4) Who can help me update my site/script to use a newer version of PHP?

While we can assist you with changing the version of PHP your script utilizes, we will not be able to recode your site to be compatible with newer versions of PHP. You should contact the script's author/developer to inquire as to whether or not they can or plan to re-design their code to utilize latest versions of PHP.

-------------

Best Regards,
HostGator.com
1.866.964.2867 / +001.713.574.5287

keep your fingers crossed...
"Sell one game, two more shall take its place!"
"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
Re: NLG Server Status
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 06:44:58 PM »
i think smf 1.1.19 will not take the update too well. i have heard some success with updating smf after the php update to fix the problems tho.

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 10:26:03 AM »
New forum update just installed 2.0.8 A patch has been released, addressing memory issues with 2.0.7, MySQL 5.6 compatibility issues and a rare member list search bug.

This is primarily addressing the memory issues from creating way too many closure-style functions. Unfortunately the main mitigation is to actually make standard functions rather than proper closures, but until 5.3+ is an actual requirement, there's no way around this. There are also uses of the curry function in other places. It's not entirely clear if these can actually be rewritten yet. In the interim, then, bumping the memory limit more generally is really the only option.

PLEASE report any errors you find in the forum software..  Thanks Joeylc
"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
Re: NLG Server Status...
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 03:11:48 PM »
Hello fellow NLG's just an FYI we've done some updating to the site with some of the behind-the-scenes code to try to get the site to run a little quicker..  :propeller: :propeller: :propeller:

We are currently doing a little work in the arcade..  :tempest: :sob: :FlagshipHitOnce:
So please login and play a few games tell us if you find anything wrong...  :duh:

We are aware of the login problems some people were having clear your cache and retry you should be able to login...  :yes: :yes:

If you have any questions or concerns please call me at the shop thanks Joey.   :odie:

PS I hope everybody had a Happy Thanksgiving...   :spam: :spam: :spam:

Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 10:57:57 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving, Joey!

A new version of SMF was released in the past few days -- 2.0.15.  It would be a good idea to upgrade to that when you have the chance.  :yes:
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 08:07:05 AM »

Hi Joey,
In an effort to improve uptime and stability, we will be upgrading your web hosting server's hardware! Here are some of the benefits of the upgrade:

All solid-state drive(SSD) backed storage. This means much faster access and write times for data.
Moving to Intel(R) Xeon(R) E5 processors vs existing AMD.

The scheduled maintenance will begin on Wed, Dec 19th for jaguar.websitewelcome.com, and your server may experience intermittent downtime starting at 9 PM CDT. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any questions, please contact our support team via HostGator Chat.

Thanks,
The HostGator team
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 04:36:53 PM »
 :applause:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 05:03:15 PM »
WHOO HOO!!!  Upgrades!!!! 

:proud_american:
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 11:26:33 AM »
Just for your information we're currently experiencing a lot of 500 errors in loading the server looking into the server log we are being hit with a denial-of-service attack from Hong Kong. We have blocked the send IP address range Philippines and Hong Kong. If you see any other 50 error codes please notify us. As they've moved on to a different subnet and we need to block it thanks for you for your understanding. Sincerely your entire NLG Team..---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   :propeller: :propeller: :propeller: :propeller: 159.138.155.79
[Fri Dec 06 12:15:06.559283 2019] [:error] [pid 122544:tid 140705052948224] [client

75.175.166.211:0] SoftException in Application.cpp:690: Could not execute script

"/home2/nlgcom/public_html/nlg/index.php"
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline Compy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Compy New User has no influence.
  • Software guy, slot enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2019, 11:45:26 AM »
No fun, Joey! Thanks a ton for the update and for tending to the site as usual.

Let me know if you ever need anything in terms of added infrastructure or anything of the sort (As opposed to HostGator). Cloudflare might also help mitigate these attacks if they continue to be a problem.

Thank you as always for maintaining a loving and vibrant community here at NLG!

-- Jimmy

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2019, 04:18:09 PM »
i am in the philippines - luckily i am using a VPN to access US sites.  I did get the 500 error when my vpn was not activated.

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2020, 08:38:57 AM »
Hello all the server should be running smoothly now.
We had some asshole from Singapore trying to index the entire site.
With a denial-of-service attack I don't understand don't these people have anything better to do. attached is the information just for FYI
range  114.119.0.0 - 114.119.255.255
IP Address     114.119.255.255Country     China [CN]
Region     Beijing
City     Beijing   :arrowthruhead: :arrowthruhead: :arrowthruhead:
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2020, 09:26:40 AM »
Cyber terrorism, one way of getting all the information, killing your server and then asking for ransom.  We ran across this issue several times when I worked for a credit card processing company.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal