New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Re: Taito Games  (Read 4401 times)

Offline Karatechamp999

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Karatechamp999 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Taito Games
« on: February 28, 2015, 02:25:59 PM »
I'm stumped on another project. I recently got a Bubble Bobble board and when I wired it into my cab, the game boots up into attract but won't take any credits and the screen is divided in two - the background images on the left and all sprites on the right. I have no clue what might be causing this. i'll try and attach some photos - thanks again!
http://s172.photobucket.com/user/karatechamp999/media/IMG_5629_zps2qchhhjr.jpg.html
http://s172.photobucket.com/user/karatechamp999/media/IMG_5626_zpsl4maftbu.jpg.html

I've jumpered JPA and JPB still no coin up - I think the test screen is supposed to show colour gradient in the middle of the grid but it seems to be black in the middle (although there are good colours in normal mode) and the grid is half off the screen to the left just like the title screen

« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 05:52:00 PM by Karatechamp999 »

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Re: Re: Taito Games
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 05:29:25 PM »
all those ads and spam where you post those pic,s are  a pia

Offline Karatechamp999

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 09:13:56 PM »
I'm stumped on another project. I recently got a Bubble Bobble board and when I wired it into my cab, the game boots up into attract but won't take any credits and the screen is divided in two - the background images on the left and all sprites on the right. I have no clue what might be causing this. i'll try and attach some photos - thanks again!
http://s172.photobucket.com/user/karatechamp999/media/IMG_5629_zps2qchhhjr.jpg.html
http://s172.photobucket.com/user/karatechamp999/media/IMG_5626_zpsl4maftbu.jpg.html

I've jumpered JPA and JPB still no coin up - I think the test screen is supposed to show colour gradient in the middle of the grid but it seems to be black in the middle (although there are good colours in normal mode) and the grid is half off the screen to the left just like the title screen

well found a busted pin - fixed.  -  and a diode soldered in backwards - fixed - still the same issue though :( anyone got a lead on this??? its seems to be a pretty specific issue

Offline Karatechamp999

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 02:15:43 PM »
Where's channelmaniac when ya need 'em - piggybacked the 283's and 157's no change.  when I switched back one of the diodes that was soldered in backwards by a previous person it seemed to make it slightly worse?!

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 04:27:26 PM »
all those ads and spam where you post those pic,s are  a pia

Here are the 4 photos I could see at the photobucket hosting place:
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Karatechamp999

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 05:37:42 PM »

well found a busted pin - fixed.  -  and a diode soldered in backwards - fixed - still the same issue though :( anyone got a lead on this??? its seems to be a pretty specific issue

Progress!!! ok, game coin-ups now (twas a gap in the cabs coin ground, so I just service switched it, even though the cab doesn't have a service switch) So now I can play, all the controls and player starts work - Only issue left is the screen -
Bob and Bub are confined to the very left of the screen, I can jump up the levels and even though bob stays in the far left, I can phantom move and interact with other sprites, (who also are stationary in other parts of the screen, except for up and down) , like enemies into bubbles and pick up fruit even though there is no VISIBLE movement horizontally
Both background and forground seem to be split as seen in the photos, intro screen is the same background to the left and forground to the right
Also I'm noticing (visible in the bubbles in photos) with sprites fall down the screen, there is an invisible horizontal line the scrolls with it that seems to run through the other sprites andtext giving a scroll through effect.
- looking like one of the IC's or RAM has a fault, just not sure which meet cause this, already shotgunned a couple piggybacks with no success
- pin 11 of IC 97 LS374 was broken, I soldered it back, and checked for trace cuts, and cleaned between all the pins on the video PCB
????

Offline Karatechamp999

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 05:58:30 PM »
after test mode grid (also half off the screen) see attached photo - not sure if this means it passes ram test because that part is off the screen.
does anyone know what it looks like if it doesn't pass the ram test? would I see something on this side of the screen?
also I checked voltages on all the chips on the video pcb and all are good

Offline Karatechamp999

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 08:44:27 PM »
hmmm not getting much help here, I've sent channelmaniac who has helped me before, haven't heard back - is there someone here who can invite me to klov so I can post there? don't have paypal for the $1 donation - really excited to get this fixed!!!

Offline Lizzo54

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Lizzo54 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Taito Games
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 10:01:20 AM »
Hi,

I have a KLOV account but not exactly sure what you mean by inviting you to join.  I just logged on but honestly haven't been on there for a couple years now.  What and where should I be lookinh?  If its something I can help with  i will certainly do so.

As far as your screen issue, i u fortunately don't have any answers however, i am curious to what the problem is.  So please be sure to provide updates. 

Lenny

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal