New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Power supply question  (Read 6216 times)

Offline brianfink

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • brianfink New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Power supply question
« on: March 30, 2015, 09:24:12 AM »
Hello, I am trying to get a denver duck working. I didn't have a power supply so I decidede to try an old ATX power supply out of my old computer. Since I didn't have an old power supply to cut the plug off I decided to bypass the plug all together and wire it directly into the top box computer. Going by the pictures of the plug in the how to guide the top red and black wires all match up perfectly, but the bottom 2 wires yellow don't seem to line up to ware the pins are in the female plug in the top box. I decided to just hook up the red and blacks and the computer comes on, I am getting 2 beeps at start up and extra file dsa is corrupt error(I know the dsa is a hard drive issue.) I should also add I'm not actually hooked up to an s2000 right now. I also need to find the other wiring harnesses. I have a vision top box harness that seems like it has all the same size plugs.

So I guess what I'm asking is.

1) Do I even need the yellow wires from the power supply?

2) What do the 2 beeps meen at start up?

3) Will my vision harness work for the reel touch?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.           

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Power supply question
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 10:19:14 AM »
Pictures of what you've got would probably help. If I remember right the yellow wires on a pc power supply connector carry the 12vdc, red power wires are 5vdc. Do you have a meter to check this? Also, do you know if the original Denver Duck power supply provides 12vdc as an output? Seems like pc hard drives operate from both 5v and 12v (12v for the hard drive motor, 5v for the circuit board chips). Be careful - you could cause more damage than what it would cost to just get the correct power supply.

Are the original style power supplies unavailable or super costly?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline brianfink

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 07:27:31 AM »
If you look at the pictures of the original power supply in the post "how to replace the reel touch top box power supply" by qbert the yellow wires look like they line up or are directly under the black wires. In my picture of the female plug that came out of my top box the red and black line up fine with the power supply pictured in qberts post but the yellow wires don't seem like they would actually connect to anything. The pins where the yellow would go are directly under the red wires.     

Offline LINDAM

• Moderator: Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
  • When you run out of Quarters...You're done!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 05:36:33 PM »
I don't know what bios you have. one or two, but most DFI boards 2 beeps is Parity circuit failure.
If it ain't broke.....Stop trying to fix it.

Offline brianfink

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 12:16:28 PM »
I think it is bios 1 with it has the picture of a finger touching the screen when it boots. So should I amuse now that the RAM or mother board is bad? I was under the assumption that the RFA error was being caused by the hard drive. Is there any way that a bad HD or corrupt data could cause it to beep twice?       

Offline LINDAM

• Sr NLG Member
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 12:23:40 PM »
Does it try to boot at all, or do get nothing.

Offline brianfink

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 01:30:57 PM »
It does try to boot It goes threw checking rfa, restoring files, authenticating files, extra file: windows/temp/perflib-perfdata-6c0.dat RFA is corrupt. system halted. reboot to continue. I have tried replacing battery and restoring defaults in bios. Also before I did all that I was getting like 4 beeps at start up before the one longer beep and bios screen.

Offline LINDAM

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 01:37:22 PM »
It's telling you in the error whats wrong. "RFA is corrupt" is a bad file on the hard drive. There is nothing wrong with the motherboard.

What game is it?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 03:01:03 PM »
It does try to boot It goes threw checking rfa, restoring files, authenticating files, extra file: windows/temp/perflib-perfdata-6c0.dat RFA is corrupt. system halted. reboot to continue. I have tried replacing battery and restoring defaults in bios. Also before I did all that I was getting like 4 beeps at start up before the one longer beep and bios screen.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14859.0
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline brianfink

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 06:54:24 PM »
Thank,s I found some one willing to sell me a hard drive, I guess I just wanted to be shore there wasn't something else wrong with the computer. The machine was a duck. About a month after I got this machine it came up with this error. I ended up getting a complete bucks ahoy kit and have had this duck kit in storage for awhile. I don't have the original cabinet anymore but I have a s2000 double gold with the large top box that I want to convert.       

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal