New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Newb - Disable Progressive?  (Read 7260 times)

Offline jms7465

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • jms7465 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Newb - Disable Progressive?
« on: July 25, 2015, 07:53:33 AM »
Hey guys - Sorry this is probably extremely simple or extremely complicated.  Just got a IGT s-2000 (I think) which is set up as a progressive.  So I am quite simply trying to turn off progressive so it will stand alone and play by itself.  (not stand alone progressive, just work!)  If been into the menus and tried to disable all the SAS settings, but I am only to the point where I get a message "SAS Progressive Down".  There is also a "C1" on the upper progressive display.  In my surches I found some refernce to a "Progressive Switch"  Not sure where that might be.
Thanks for any help.  I can provide more info if needed.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Newb - Disable Progressive?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 12:03:48 PM »
You will need a key chip to disable.
Key the machine then go to the progressive menu 7.3.1 and disable the progressive.
You should no longer get progressive link down message and it should play.

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 12:40:04 PM »
Welcome to NLG JMS.   :cool_thumb_up:
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline jms7465

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 01:19:50 PM »
OK.  I did see the process for doing that in one of the manuals I was browsing through.  I looked on ebay real quick, but is there one of our trusted dealers here on the forum I should use?

Thanks for your help.
Jim

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 04:17:16 PM »
CVslots should have the chips you need. Roz can get you going. Probably a clear and key chip both. May not need the clear chip now but always good to have for down the road. Good Luck.

Dave
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 05:35:16 PM by Shaggy »
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline jms7465

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 05:54:11 AM »
Thanks for the info Dave, but I'm not getting a response from CV Slots.  Maybe on vacation? 
I'm seeing an IGT Set and clear for IGT S+ from FoxSlots1 on ebay. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IGT-SLOT-MACHINE-NEW-OWNERS-KIT-S-/151021267433?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item232991a9e9

Is the "IGT Set" the same as a "Key Chip"?
Are they (somewhat universal across the IGT machines from this time?

Not sure if this is compatible with my machine(s).
The first one I am focusing on has a model # 96338300.  It has a Stepper Base SB100865
Second one (Which has a few more issues) has a model # 96435800

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 06:28:23 AM »
Thanks for the info Dave, but I'm not getting a response from CV Slots.  Maybe on vacation? 
I'm seeing an IGT Set and clear for IGT S+ from FoxSlots1 on ebay. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IGT-SLOT-MACHINE-NEW-OWNERS-KIT-S-/151021267433?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item232991a9e9

Is the "IGT Set" the same as a "Key Chip"?
Are they (somewhat universal across the IGT machines from this time?

Not sure if this is compatible with my machine(s).
The first one I am focusing on has a model # 96338300.  It has a Stepper Base SB100865
Second one (Which has a few more issues) has a model # 96435800

No a set chip is for an S+ machine. A Key chip is for the S2000 machine. Yes Roz could be on vacation or something, as I haven't seen her post lately. I'm not really familiar with all the S2K stuff as I only have one. Mine has the SB 001000 and uses a reel chip. Mine uses a clear 97 and a key 17. But that might not be the correct ones for your machines. One of the S2000 pros may chime in and get you on the right track. But definitely not S+ chips. 

Dave

Offline jms7465

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 06:40:28 AM »
Cool Thanks Dave.  so S+ and S2000 are definitely two different Lines of Machines.
I will be patient. 

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 06:46:01 AM »
Yes similar but also very different. The S2000s have the small speakers about eye level on each side and the S+ does not. The "bat wing" speakers identify it immediately. I was doing some looking but with the progressive board I think you'll need a different key chip than mine. Mine is an older board and just stock. Hang in there we'll get you going.

Dave

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 07:05:09 AM »
If it's an S2000 you should be safe with a clear 97  and a key 45 for most any 500 series board or enhanced. To be sure if you could snap a picture of the mpu board we could be sure.
Remember to turn the power off whenever you remove any components in the machine.
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline jms7465

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 07:35:03 AM »
Thanks.  I bookmarked a thread that should help me to identify the board(s) in these two machines.
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=6925.0

I will check them out tonight.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 07:56:46 AM »
Only time that the chips I recommended won't work is if there is an " R" board on the enhanced mpu. If both your machines are three reel type this is not an issue.
Rich

Offline jms7465

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2015, 08:45:23 AM »
I'll Have to check the other machine when I get home.  It's a Triple Double Diamond and the MPU is a double decker with a smaller card on top of the larger.  But these chips aren't that expensive.  I'll cross that bridge soon enough.  I want to get the first one up and running first.

Offline jms7465

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2015, 08:51:49 AM »
And, it is a five reel.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2015, 10:24:08 AM »
Either way you will need those chips for at least one machine.

Offline IFFV68

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • IFFV68 Is working their way up.IFFV68 Is working their way up.IFFV68 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2015, 09:02:01 PM »
I don't know if this was mentioned. Before  doing a Key Chip,  please remember  there has to be Zero Credits on the machine.
It's not what you can afford to Buy?
It's what you can afford to keep!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal