New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: TRUCK SHIPPING - CRAP SHOOT!!!  (Read 4013 times)

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
TRUCK SHIPPING - CRAP SHOOT!!!
« on: November 19, 2015, 05:25:17 PM »
I have been shipping slots by truck and airline for years - I can't remember when I had any problem with a shipment.  Now for some reason my truck shipments are getting damaged and in one case DESTROYED.  I am informed that even though I indicate the value of my shipment which I thought was for insurance purposes - my shipments are NOT INSURED - reason USED EQUIPMENT!!!!  When I book my shipments - there is no box for USED/NEW - but there is one for VALUE.  So I am told that I can file a claim but used items are not insurable.   There is something wrong with this.  So I guess I will have to play the game and say - oh - that was a NEW MACHINE and see what happens.

Offline rwalker192

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: TRUCK SHIPPING - CRAP SHOOT!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 06:22:13 PM »
Who do you use for shipping?
I was under the impression that the listed value was what it was insured for.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 08:14:02 PM »
Using a broker for shipping?

I think used equipment has about a 5 to 10 cent value per pound in the motor freight industry. That's about $10 to $20 for a slot machine. By the time you screw around with it .. it isn't worth the $20.

Offline GameKingSlots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • GameKingSlots Is looked down upon.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 08:38:31 PM »
We are seeing more and more issues with the freight companies. They are getting pretty sloppy no matter who you use. We take out 3rd party insurance for all our shipments.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 08:41:30 PM »
What would suck is if they were transporting a one of a kind, super rare game that couldn't be replaced. 

I have some glass kits that I'm not sure I would ship for that very reason.

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline GOS

• GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 02:25:33 AM »
I have been using a broker - chrobinson - I used to have a contract with Southeast freight and they paid a claim but that was a long time ago.  Just who gives them the right to make the decision on used/new?  USPS - FEDEX - they insure regardless of new/used - they do give you a hard time - but usually pay.  There used to be ICC - which regulated trucking - guess they are no longer regulated.

Offline rockymountainslots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • rockymountainslots New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2015, 05:42:26 AM »
That is very true trucker don't care about the items anymore i have the same problem i put new arcade game then value they pay it or i send them my attorney im so tired of them getting away with this you guys try that with new arcade i put mine in crates so they don't see it that's the best way then a pallet and shrink wrap.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 05:53:40 AM »
I am going NEW and let them prove otherwise - I will play the game.  Not to add insult to injury but why are we still being charged fuel surcharges when fuel prices are low?
Are they basing the price on Jimmy Hoffa control of the teamsters?

Offline slotdeals

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • slotdeals Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdeals Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdeals Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdeals Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdeals Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • www.ohioriverslots.com
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 07:52:35 AM »
The trucking industry is a joke in general. I use RL carriers and have pretty good luck out of them but they keep raising their rates.... even when fuel cost is going down.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2015, 09:17:29 AM »
Bought 4 skids of glass from Las Vegas, used Pilot Shipping,  I had it insured as well,  learned the hard way about insurance and what they refer  to  as " declared value"  , there are not the same thing. also learned about the fine print on the back of the BOL about making claims. they have to be done in a certain manner, by a certain time, if you screw up then you get nothing.  Lost about 50 kits,  never did receive a copy of the BOL until after  the time expired,  they gave me a front side copy making several pickup on the one delivery. Had it delivered to a terminal to try and save some money.

Jim   

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2015, 10:01:49 AM »
Pilot Air????  that was your first mistake - they should name a video game after them - PILOT AIR THE DESTROYER!! 

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2015, 10:24:16 AM »
The trucking industry is a joke in general. I use RL carriers and have pretty good luck out of them but they keep raising their rates.... even when fuel cost is going down.

I had a machine delivered by RL Carriers and was happy with the result. A lot may depend on the particular guys working for a company at the various handling points, not everyone working with freight is as careful as the office people would tell you they are.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline buybestslots

• Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2015, 12:33:43 PM »
we used southeastern frt  never had anything broke , but the rates keep going up as fuel keeps dropping  diesel was  as high as 5 bucks a gal  now down under 2 in some parts of va yet rates are still  going up :Scratch-Head:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal