New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Fortune 1 / Sircoma Screen goes blank after 2-5 min.  (Read 7796 times)

Offline mantaramian

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • mantaramian New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Fortune 1 / Sircoma Screen goes blank after 2-5 min.
« on: December 30, 2015, 04:57:59 PM »
 Has anybody experienced this sort of problem in the past? If so what was the FIX?
I power the game up, I can play a few hands, after about 2-5 min the screen goes BLUE and the hopper starts to run.

I replaced all the old original sockets but the problem is still the same.
Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Fortune 1 / Sircoma Screen goes blank after 2-5 min.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 05:06:44 PM »
Have you checked to make sure the contacts were clean from the MPU to the motherboard and that all ICs were seated? Checked cables and connectors? Sometimes they look plugged in, but one pin can migrate out.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline mantaramian

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 08:25:54 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion, I will triple check an get back....

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 10:07:17 PM »
If you have a meter I'd measure all the voltages from the power supply to the mpu board, write them down and then do it again after the machine flakes out, make sure they are ok and getting to the mpu after the machine fails to work. If they are ok then I'd suspect the mpu board itself and see about getting a replacement one if they are available and not too costly. You can also do a good inspection of the cables and connectors as shortrackskater suggested.

You can spend a lot of time chasing things down, and depending on how you value your time it could be faster and less aggravating if you can verify whether your mpu is bad or not by replacing it.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline mantaramian

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 11:47:58 PM »
I just got done inspecting all the connectors, everything was plunged in correct. During the inspection of the IO board I noticed a transistor leg had been broke in the bend, I soldered that back but still with the same problem.

I took the IO board out to eliminate it as a problem, the same problem still occurs. I will monitor the 5 volts on the test point unless there are other area that i should be testing.

If I spend too much more time on this I will try and look for a replacement board.

Thanks,
Mike

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 10:08:15 PM »
Mike any update on your problem?  Any pictures of the problem in action?

Ra

Offline mantaramian

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 12:01:00 AM »
I did a little piddling around to isolate the problem. No luck....  My can of FREEZE it was empty....

I also forgot to mention the deck lights don't function eater.... I can put max bet and then press DEAL. I cant hold any cards..

What have i done.... I replaced all the e prom sockets and the one 40 pin processor socket hoping to find a problem and fix it. No such luck

Offline mantaramian

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 12:04:05 AM »
Here are the rest

Offline mantaramian

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 12:06:18 AM »
I think this is the last

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 12:11:24 AM »
Wow - that stuff on the board in the last two pictures looks like water damage, not good. The board was wet long enough for the ic/socket legs to rust, that's the reddish-orange contamination. I suppose those pictures were what you found when you replaced sockets or chips. The contamination on the board can be conductive and cross-connect circuits. That stuff could also be under other ic's, either way I'd think you've got a big cleanup or board replacement needed. It is kinda amazing that this board works at all. Was the machine flooded with water at one time or left sitting out in the weather? Might want to inspect other circuit boards, like on the hopper and elsewhere.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline RiseLikeRa

• RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2016, 05:52:21 AM »
Thank you for the pictures.  It looks like a nice game.  I have a very similar one.  My disclaimer is that I learn much more than I teach here so take my input with a block of salt.

The discoloration on the boards trouble me too.  An expensive but definitely effective way to trouble shoot would be to send all of those boards for a ride to Larry Weber, K-lar in Las Vegas.  He will go through them and test each one to bring it back to 100%.  I have 3 Fortune 1 machines and without exception Larry has helped me with them all.

Depending on how much moisture the game was exposed to the problem still could be in the cabinet somewhere but at least you eliminate the boards.

My 2 cents

Please keep us posted

Ra

Offline mantaramian

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 11:02:55 AM »
I'm not too sure on the history of the game. But, I will keep you in the loop on any progress.

Since this seems to be a mystery I will see if I can monitor the powers supply voltages.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2016, 11:19:53 AM »
Thank you sir

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2016, 11:41:37 AM »
Your picture 60 (Large), those 2 labeled IC's I beleave are your graphics. Have your put new sockets on those?  The other thing that's a common problem with these boards are the 3 adjustment pots in the middle back of the board. As for your buttons you can check to see if they are operating by watching the Red LED light on the IO light up. Each button pushed should light up a different set of lights. I've learned that if your deck button don't work correctly, then same goes with the game. I bought 2 Fortune 1 Pokers from a seller two yrs back for parts. I was told they didn't work, but after fixing the broken deck buttons they both worked great! I ended up installing new buttons on one from an S2000, even used LED bulbs. Then made one set out the rest for the second machine.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline mantaramian

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2016, 12:47:21 PM »
Thanks for the input Gary,

When the video blanks out the Hopper will run continuously. I have to shut the game down for a couple min then power it back up. to play. a couple hands.

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2016, 01:06:56 PM »
Thanks for the input Gary,

When the video blanks out the Hopper will run continuously. I have to shut the game down for a couple min then power it back up. to play. a couple hands.

That sounds like trouble. I think I'd send it to K-Lar. They have the tester to trouble shot your boards. Larry and Allen do get work on these older games. Might be well worth your money to have them check it out. If you want there number I have it.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 07:07:41 PM »
Ya, if the board is a total lost Larry and I have spare boards and could swap it out.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 08:36:33 PM »
You are in the best of hands with Badbaud and Larry

Ra

Offline Shaggy

• Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2016, 08:40:09 PM »
You are in the best of hands with Badbaud and Larry

Ra

Absolutely!

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline mantaramian

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2016, 10:17:59 PM »
Thanks for the offer,

I spoke with Larry a month ago... Larry wanted the machine to go threw it... I don't get to Las Vegas too often... I think only once in the past 12 years since the kids..

Thank you.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal