New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Coin In Jam / Closure M  (Read 22713 times)

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: Coin In Jam / Closure M
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2016, 04:33:21 PM »
Sounds like in the boot menu you need to tell it to boot from the hard drive instead of the cd rom

Offline Border01

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2016, 04:35:56 PM »
I tried again. This time I used optimized default settings.  Machine is back to the original coin in jam. Door M error. Not sure what's left to try?

Offline Border01

• Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2016, 04:41:31 PM »
Sorry it's coin-in jam. Closure m error

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2016, 04:53:46 PM »
Closure M isn't an error, your machine is telling you the door was closed and acknowledged. The only error is the coin jam. I honestly don't think it will fix it, but have you removed that yreen battery and clipped the legs on transistor at U16? Sorry, but coin in jam is a PITA error and there's a few things that can throw it besides the IO cards. At this point, if it was me, I'd get rid of that battery and clear the machine. You haven't messed with those IO's with the machine powered up have you?

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2016, 05:01:25 PM »
I always turn the power off before I touch anything. I'll take te board into town on Monday and have the green battery and resistor removed. Is it possible that I have a problem with the MPU chips?  Is there anyone that services them?  Thanks so very much for all your time. I truly appreciate it.

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2016, 05:03:53 PM »
I don't currently have any clear chips. Should I buy some?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2016, 05:08:05 PM »
Sorry should have told you save  "optimized defaults"

I was rereading this post. Has this machine ever worked for you or did you purchase it like this?

Second question do you have a clear chip? A clear 224 should work. Also a key 45 chip if you don't have one. As much as I hate to recommend it I have to agree with Cowboy maybe a clear will cough out the problem. Nothing you have done is waisted. Your top box battery was on the border (no pun intended) removing the green battery and U16 eliminates other problems down the road. Coin in jam is a PIA error.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 07:04:07 PM by qbert »
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2016, 05:55:21 PM »
He's got an enhanced MPU and reel touch, I think the 224 clear is a safer option. The game came out after the 97 chip

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2016, 05:57:26 PM »
And it's TRANsistor U16, not REsistor U16. Don't confuse them when you get the work done, it would be bad. U16 is right next to the battery

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2016, 06:12:36 PM »
Correct Clear 224
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2016, 06:17:12 PM »
Should mention the slots are just for my mancave wife not so happy

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2016, 06:47:32 PM »
That's a much more common situation than you might think...

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2016, 09:49:52 PM »
Is an IGT S2000 IVC224 EPROMs clear chip what I need to buy?  Is there any others I should get. I have no chips at all.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2016, 10:23:05 PM »
Yes, that clear and the 45 key chip to go with it. After you get the green battery and U16 transistor removed, take the coin battery off the board for a minute and put it back in it's holder. You should have to clear a ram error with the jackpot reset key, but there's a chance it may clear your coin jam error also

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2016, 11:53:10 AM »
I ordered the Clear 224 and Key 045 on ebay.  I received only the clear 224, can I use it without the key chip?

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2016, 12:37:12 PM »
No, the machine will not program after a clear without the key chip

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2016, 12:42:55 PM »
Figured as much.  Oh well have to wait till the key chip arrives (that takes 2 weeks).  Thank you.

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2016, 11:58:45 AM »
I finally received my clear chip and key chip.  Is the proper procedure to install the clear chip and do a complete clear, than install the key chip?  What location do the chips go into on the MPU?

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2016, 05:41:40 PM »
put the ram in place of the SB chip .. they are identical in size and no other chips are on the board of that size .. remember directional marker direction (half moon indentation)

install the board and power on .. I think (crs) the 50x series board only has the two top lights that come on and the 1270 boards has top four .. power off

replace ram with key and do the same as above

install SB chip back in and then program the machine

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2016, 11:55:32 AM »
I am glad you let me know it was a different size.  I thought I had the wrong chips.  I will give it a go tonight. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal