New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally E-2000 Problem, This one strange..  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Bally E-2000 Problem, This one strange..
« on: September 27, 2017, 09:01:45 PM »
I have a Bally E-2200 series is that has a weird problem.. When you power on the game, all the solenoids want to energize and stay that way.. I tried to unplug the boards connection, then plugged them all back in. I have the same problem. It does the same thing if the hopper is removed.. They stay energize even if I unplug the door connection at the Molex plugs.. The power supply plug is not burnt. This basically only leave the IO and MPU board.. I removed them both, but there in no visible damage. I did check the eproms in the sockets tonight, but I have not reinstalled them back into the game to test yet. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing the solenoid to be all energized? When I push the hoppers boards reset and test button, the machine does respond with the reset cycle. I can even enter the machines menus, but the solenoids stay energized??

Gary

PS.. I have not checked the power supply' voltages yet..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: Bally E-2000 Problem, This one strange..
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 10:17:49 PM »
That happens when the ribbon cable from the MPU board to the I/O board is put in backwards.
It could also be because one of the 5 volt regulators on the I/O board is failing, maybe due to thermal defects or the 2uF filter capacitor is letting in to much AC ripple.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 04:50:57 AM »
I know for sure that the problem is not the ribbon cable between the two boards, since I show a 71 000 in the win meter, and that I can get into all the different menu options. I'll have a look closer at the 5V regulator and filter cap. I need to buy an assortment of filter caps, the one thing I don't have on hand. But I think that I have an old DOA donor IO board here that I can pirate the parts from, somewhere..  :Scratch-Head: :nerd:
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 08:49:33 PM »
Did a little work on this machine today. I made a little progress. I took a closer look at the ribbon cable that connects the IO & MPU. I found that the pins on the MPU end had corroded and turned green. I cleaned them up and used contact cleaner on the MPU socket. I know have just one solenoid that's staying energized. That is the one on the first reel. Everything else is now correct except that I can't seem to run test 2? I can run all the others except test 2.
I did try a different ribbon cable and IO board, but I still have the reel 1 solenoid energized constantly. It remains that way with the doors molex plugs disconnected and if the hopper is removed. I did figure out that if I removed the 6V sealed delay relay next to the hoppers beau plug, the #1 reel solenoid shuts off? Any idea what is sending the signal for the #1 reel solenoid to be energized.
And remember...

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 09:29:04 PM »
I think that green goop migrated to one of your sockets.
You may need to replace the socket.
PM me and I can send you a couple of new ones.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 10:30:19 AM »
I think you hit it right on with the boards socket for the ribbon cable on the MPU. Looks like there might be two bad connections. The top right on for sure..
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 04:29:34 PM by Amechanic »
And remember...

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 02:23:31 PM »
Shipping on Monday USPS

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 04:32:36 PM »
Thanks. I swiped one off an IO. That needs repair. Put it on the MPU it's all good!  :dancing_2: :applause:  Now to finishe the small thing. Lights, air cylinder, etc..
And remember...

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 05:05:05 PM »
Glad I could help.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 07:33:15 PM »
I would have never thought about that ribbon cable socket being bad, nice call..   :1:

Gary
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal