New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Alpha 2 Top Monitor Display issues - Hammerhead games  (Read 2946 times)

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
Alpha 2 Top Monitor Display issues - Hammerhead games
« on: October 08, 2016, 12:13:11 PM »
When loading Grease, Betty Boop Fortune Teller, money Vault, and golden pharoah...

I am stumped on this. When loading Betty Boop FT without change VGA cables around, Betty appears on the video topper when she should appear on the Top Screen (middle). When I change the monitor cables around and restart, The screen size is 1/4 of the size. What am I doing wrong here?
-------
Charles

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Alpha 2 Top Monitor Display issues - Hammerhead games
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 03:54:49 PM »
That happens to me as well with all the hammerhead games.  When the game configures for the first time, it remembers the timings and settings for the monitors in the initial polling, that is why switching them around after bootup doesn't work.  You can try and hotswap the monitor cables, sometimes that works.  The other way is to swap the cables around  after a clear and before booting up for first time configuration.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 04:05:53 PM »
Rick -

I tried that too with no luck. I used Golden Pharaoh to boot up with monitor cables swapped and the install screen appeared on the ideck and Top monitor. When I got it booted and setup all screens were where they are suppose to except that top monitor was still 1/3 of the screen and the main monitor's reel symbols were glitchy/pixelated. Swapped cables back to the original positions and the game loaded up fine after a clear but with the two top screens in the wrong position. This sucks when playing Grease & Betty Boop as there is some action going on the 2nd screen but it displays on the video topper.
-------
Charles

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 04:55:27 PM »
Yeah, if you had a 1080p monitor for your topper, I think the game would work as it should.  Try using a PC 1080p monitor for the video topper output to see if it fixes the issue.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 06:09:52 PM »
I had this happen on these games also.  You have to use the video card for topper vid. output then mess with the lower and top monitor conections (vga on mpu and other niv. card opening left.  It will work.  Also you will need to do a auto adjust probably after all this.  Grease and money vault did same thing to me as well. Hopefully you have enough adapters to do this-I ran into that as well and had to pick up some more. 

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 06:27:54 PM »
Another note.  Do you have a 194/227 bios box or a 231?.  A 194 box can be bumped to a 227-that's as high as it can go-those mpu's have the audio jacks (3-port) on front of them, A true dedicated 231 box (and higher) does not have these jacks.  Also look at your vid. card if it's a old 1800 that may give you problems as ideally you would like a niv. 2000 at least.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 12:45:59 AM »
Barry - I have the 227 mpu. What's better about the newer ones besides the video card?
-------
Charles

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 02:29:39 AM »
OK, Still no luck.

When I connect the upper monitor directly to the MPU's VGA (bottom port), for some reason the top screen is going into 1080p thats why I am getting 1/3 of the picture. When the cables are in the original position the upper monitor will load in 1368x7??.

The setup when i have 1/3 picture:

VIDEO CARD:
1) DVI (right) = Bottom monitor
2) Display port (left) = VIDEO TOPPER with VGA adapter.

MPU:
3) Upper VGA = IDECK
4) LOWER VGA = Upper monitor.

Normal setup I swap #2 & #4

Side Question: I'm still fuzzy on the whole setup process. If something is wrong or something errors, should I just RAM CLEAR it or do I need to reinstall the game? I assume RAM CLEAR is efficient and only need to reinstall the game if the hard drive fails?
-------
Charles

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 07:16:38 PM »
Yes, you can just RAM clear, and it leaves all the installed game software on the SSD.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal