New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New CEI Toy!! (Transfer, started 2009)  (Read 1900 times)

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!
  • NLG
New CEI Toy!! (Transfer, started 2009)
« on: April 09, 2014, 01:47:13 PM »
Topic started by: Yoeddy1 on September 09, 2009, 10:51:03 PMThread consolidated & transferred from old site

Title: New CEI Toy!!
Post by: Yoeddy1 on September 09, 2009, 10:51:03 PM

I know this isn't an IGT PE+, but for 150 bones and in perfect working order and condition, I couldn't go wrong.  Man was it filthy when I got it home.  But after hooking up the compressor and blasting it out, the cleaning solutions really made this shine!  It's a nickel machine and a lot of fun to play.

Any words of wisdom from the small CEI community?  Wish I could find a manual for this thing.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 10:07:04 PM by SolidSilver »

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Re: New CEI Toy!! (transfer)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 01:48:35 PM »
Title: Re: New CEI Toy!!
Post by: dormi on September 10, 2009, 04:13:37 PM

[MODERATOR’s NOTE: The current location for posting large document such as these is Downloads: http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=downloads]

Post by: Yoeddy1 on September 11, 2009, 03:25:58 AM

Thanks for the heads up dormi. 

When I cash out or when credits are being counted, it sounds like there's a clicking sound like a relay or something.  Any idea what this could be? 

Post by: Yoeddy1 on September 15, 2009, 12:56:41 AM

So the clicking noise is bugging me.  Only when winning credits or each time a credit is bet.  i wonder if a bell or something is missing?  The speaker is working fine however.  Perhaps this is how this machine was designed back then.

Post by: CaptainHappy on September 16, 2009, 04:15:12 AM

Most likely the clicking sound is a mechanical meter / counter. Not sure on this machine though. There are some people here that have discussed disabling these meters on other machines.  :79- :103-

CaptainHappy  :nlg- ADMIN

Post by: TZtech on September 16, 2009, 06:16:44 AM

That would be my guess as well. just trace the wiring back from the meters to the controller board and unplug them (Machine power off)
Start it up and see if you get any errors. Some machines do check for the meter board. If its the case here i dont think it will be to elobarte considering machines age. Mostly there a 2 points that are connected electrically on the meter board. Just meter them out and jump the 2 points back on the connecter where the meter harness plugs in to.

Regards, Ian

Post by: Yoeddy1 on September 16, 2009, 06:48:19 PM

TZtech...yep...looks like it is the counter that makes the sound.

Post by: Yoeddy1 on September 16, 2009, 07:15:55 PM

I'm really wondering if the fan cable can be disconnected?  I'm sure it's on because of the heat that is generated by the monitor.  It's not overly noisy, but as I'm still in the process of cleaning this machine, 20 plus years of nicotine blowing around makes my wife unhappy.  :(

Post by: Yoeddy1 on September 23, 2009, 12:12:38 AM

Any ideas what the Audio board connector is for?  I'm getting sound out of the unit?  Any idea if there are volume settings anywhere?  The manual was very helpful, but I didn't see anything around sound.  Thanks!

Post by: stayouttadabunker on September 23, 2009, 09:03:44 AM

I really like the way they white-lettered stenciled what each header is for on the Omega motherboard...neat!

Use lots of paper towels and windex to clean out your machine will get it smelling better....;add a nice car/room air freshener packet inside too! They comes in various scents...

The "Audio board connector" is for sound...LOL...nothing else... 
It should be connected some how to your speakers...could be for an auxiliary speaker too
uh, check the MPU and see if there's any round dial to adjust your  volume...; if not, then it's in the options settings perhaps....

Post by: stayouttadabunker on September 23, 2009, 09:11:31 AM

I see a couple of white dials in the back on the horizontal MPU board...; betcha one of those is for your volume!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 11:46:13 AM by SolidSilver »

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
Re: New CEI Toy!! (transfer)
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 01:50:10 PM »
Post by: Yoeddy1 on September 23, 2009, 09:01:47 PM

Right on!!!  The dial on the left turns the monitor off.  There are 4 dials on the right side which allow the background color on the screen to be Red, Green, Blue, Black or a mix thereof.  The dial on the far right back corner is for volume.

This is a REALLY cool machine!  I pulled the board out the other night too...can't believe I missed these! 

Post by: stayouttadabunker on September 23, 2009, 09:03:32 PM

I didn't...and the machine is at your house.... !
I'm so happy you figured it out and got it going like the way you want to!!!

Post by: Yoeddy1 on October 07, 2009, 11:02:21 PM

[MODERATOR’S NOTE: Video expired on you tube and was not transferrable]
Post by: Yoeddy1 on November 17, 2009, 12:00:43 AM

Quote from: Yoeddy1 on September 16, 2009, 07:15:55 PM
I'm really wondering if the fan cable can be disconnected?  I'm sure it's on because of the heat that is generated by the monitor.

I also posted this question in the general video gaming board.  Any thoughts on this?

Post by: CaptainHappy on November 17, 2009, 12:06:46 AM

Yoeddy1,

No need to post in multiple areas, most people read all posts on the forum, and it is better to have your question in only one place.

CaptainHappy  :nlg- ADMIN

Post by: KirkLasVegas on November 17, 2009, 08:47:36 AM

The fan is in there for a good reason. While it might not seem hot in there, without any cooling it will become quite warm in there. heat is a killer of electronic parts, dries out plastic and nylon parts.
Disconnecting the fan in my opinion is a *BAD IDEA*.
Instead....do this. Pull that fan out and measure it. Look online for a NEW one. New fans are a lot quieter than the older ones.Chances are it's bearing noise because it has run dry. Most fans can be disassembled and cleaned out.
You might find that after cleaning it out and lubricating it with OIL..NOT WD-40 (something like 3 in 1oil) AKA sewing machine oil the bearings will quiet down. If the fan is in the top of the machine it MUST exhaust or blow outward. This will pull cool air in from the bottom and up thru the machine.
Be careful on voltages, i have seen 5 volt,12 volt 24 volt and 120Volt fans in machines. Some are run from the DC supply, others from the AC mains.

Kirk

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal