New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: cal omega pixel will not keep memory  (Read 9307 times)

Offline Motivasian

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Motivasian New User has no influence.
  • NLG
cal omega pixel will not keep memory
« on: April 06, 2016, 05:06:49 AM »
I have the male/female poker game "pixel' it will not keep the settings and points when the power is removed. I tried changing the battery but still nothing. Am I missing a wiring
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 07:59:40 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: cal omega pixel will not keep memory
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 06:25:43 AM »
Can you post a photo of your machine circuit board where the battery is? Did you position the new battery correctly, positive end to the positive connection?

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Motivasian

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 05:52:52 PM »
Yes I'm sure I put the battery in correctly because I have other boards.

Offline Motivasian

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 05:57:18 PM »
Ok

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 06:59:40 PM »
just some ideas,,,

Was this board working ok at one time and all you did was change the battery because it died? Or is the board new to you and it was like this when you got it? If it was this way when you got it then I'd say the next thing to try might be changing the memory chip (or the memory board if it is the piggy-back board in the photo). You can try a known working memory chip (or memory board) from one of your other boards.

Also, are there any jumpers or dipswitches that have something to do with sending the battery voltage to the memory chip? Maybe someone changed a jumper or dipswitch? Lastly, is there a diode connected in line with the battery voltage, if so it may be bad. If you have a meter, with the board out of the machine you can measure the battery voltage on the memory chip battery power pin to see if it is getting there.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 07:30:31 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Motivasian

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 12:15:18 AM »
Wow yes great idea!!! You didn't I think of that....thanks immature try it now.

Offline Motivasian

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 12:24:29 AM »
OK wait...which one is the memory ....not sure

Offline Motivasian

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 12:27:00 AM »
Since I'm at it....do u have any idea y my other board button not working

Offline Motivasian

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 12:30:22 AM »
Ok

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 12:35:01 AM »
Wow yes great idea!!! You didn't I think of that....thanks immature try it now.
I'm unable to understand what you are saying here.

OK wait...which one is the memory ....not sure
I can't tell from your photos, they are taken from an angle and kinda dark and fuzzy,  I can't see the chips very well. You need to post photos with the camera directly facing the board and have more light so we can see it best.

I think the memory chip is on the piggy-back board, or it may be a socketed chip located near the battery, look for one that says "5101" or "611X" or similar.

What is the Cal Omega/CEI part number for the board? Should be written on the board somewhere.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 01:13:45 AM »
Since I'm at it....do u have any idea y my other board button not working

What "button" do you mean?

Offline Motivasian

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2016, 09:46:25 PM »
Sorry and thanks for the help. I swappreciate the RAM chip but still no memory. The buttons I am referring to is the bounce, double, play, take, etc.

Offline Motivasian

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2016, 09:54:06 PM »
Ok

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2016, 06:25:22 AM »
Those photos are better but I still can't read the markings on the chips. I think that is due to the camera shaking when you take the photo, that can cause fuzziness in the photo, details won't be as sharp. I have circled what I think could be the ram memory chips in your photos below, if you can read the numbers on the top of the chips, see if they say "6116". If not tell me what they do say. Once you know where the memory chip is you can measure the battery voltage to see if it is getting there.

Your 2 mpu boards are a little different from each other as far as the piggy-back boards. You said you swapped the ram, did you mean you swapped the piggy-back boards around?

On the button problem, do you mean they are not lighting up, or that they don't work when you press them?

Offline Motivasian

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2016, 09:45:16 PM »
Yeah the chip has the 6116 on it and I did swap it with another 1 but still no memory. I believe that it has sone thing to do with the piggyback

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2016, 04:00:04 AM »
You can use a meter to see if the battery voltage is getting to the 6116 cmos ram chip. The chip has 24 pins/legs, they are numbered 1-12 down one side and 13-24 on the other side, see example photo below. With the board out of the machine measure the voltage on pin 24 to see if the battery voltage is getting to it. You should check the battery first, with the battery installed in the board, to make sure it is good. Place the meter leads on the two board pads where the battery leads are attached to make sure the battery voltage is there. Look for a broken circuit trace/path that connects to these pads, the traces may be on either side of the circuit board. They can get broken when an old battery is removed.

Then leave the meter's black lead connected to the negative end of the battery and check pin 24 on the 6116 cmos ram chip for voltage.

If the voltage isn't there then you can start looking for where the battery voltage path is broken. Possible places would be the connector on the piggy-back board, a bad diode inline with the battery voltage, etc. Look for broken solder joints on the piggy-back connectors and pins. If you see something you are not sure about just post a photo and we'll take a look.

I don't have a schematic drawing of your piggy-back boards, can you post a photo of each piggy-back board, showing top of board and backside? That will help, thanks!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 04:22:41 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2016, 04:25:52 AM »
Sorry and thanks for the help. I swappreciate the RAM chip but still no memory. The buttons I am referring to is the bounce, double, play, take, etc.

On the mpu board with the button problem, does the machine play at all, or are all of the buttons dead? Need a photo of the entire machine, from the front, with power on, with this board installed, and a good explanation of what isn't working and what is working.

What is the history on your machine, is it new to you and broken when you got it, or was it working at one time then this failure happened? The more relevant info you can provide the easier it is to come up with repair suggestions.

Offline Motivasian

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2016, 03:45:45 PM »
All the info that u gave me has been a lot of help THANKS ALOT...I got one of my boards to work perfectly. But the other one still has the memory problem. It's not getting power to the memory and I don't think there is a path that will give it power.

Offline Motivasian

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2016, 03:48:38 PM »
Ok

Offline Motivasian

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2016, 03:50:48 PM »
All these boards are new to me. They were giving to me in a non working condition and I slowly got them to work thanks to all your help

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal