New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Reel Tilt Error  (Read 8307 times)

Offline varmint

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • varmint New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Reel Tilt Error
« on: May 03, 2016, 08:10:48 AM »
My Denver Duck keeps getting a #5 reel tilt error after you play the game for about 20-30 minutes. I can reset it and go on but that's a pain to have to do every 15 to 30 minutes. What is the cure for this? The time for the error to reoccur varies of course. Also wanted to inquire about a TITO for this machine.
Thanks for any help.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: Reel Tilt Error
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 08:40:09 AM »
Have you checked around the reel to be sure no wires or anything is impeding reel spin? Nothing on the door touching it? No dust in the optics blocking the signal? If all that is good you might have a reel going bad

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 08:45:58 AM »
Switch your #5 reel with one of your other ones and see if the error follows that reel.

Offline varmint

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 09:28:38 AM »
Swapped it with #4 and error moved to reel #4. So I guess it must be the reel itself? What's the next step?
Steve

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 09:39:32 AM »
locating a replacement reel.. Check the width of your strips, and post a WTB in the classified section.. Posting a picture is helpful..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 10:01:26 AM »
Check to be sure the reel optics are clean

Offline varmint

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 10:41:20 AM »
cleaned the reel opto, but it's still the same. When you say I may need a new reel, do you mean just the reel or the assembly with the servo motor assembly?
I'm a newbie at this so I really appreciate all the help.
Steve

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 10:58:29 AM »
The whole assembly with motor and optics is easier.
Big thing is the strip width of the reels I know Denver came in 2" and 2 1/4" width so that is what is most important about your replacement.
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline varmint

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2016, 12:38:16 PM »
Bought a reel from eBay. It still does it but not as often.
Maybe once every 2 or 3 hours. Of course I realize that it could still be the reel since it was used.
Any other ideas? Maybe buy another reel?
Thanks for all the help

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2016, 12:58:27 PM »
My Denver Duck keeps getting a #5 reel tilt error after you play the game for about 20-30 minutes. I can reset it and go on but that's a pain to have to do every 15 to 30 minutes. What is the cure for this? The time for the error to reoccur varies of course. Also wanted to inquire about a TITO for this machine.
Thanks for any help.

I just noticed the second part of your original question. Here is the TITO solution that is often recommended for home use, you'll have to find out if it is available for your particular model of machine:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=4347.0

To order or find out more you can contact Jim at BettorSlots at:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=14

(the last time I checked his website was under destruction, uhh, I mean construction. So you may need to contact him by pm, email or phone)
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2016, 01:11:27 PM »
Swapped it with #4 and error moved to reel #4. So I guess it must be the reel itself? What's the next step?
Steve

Bought a reel from eBay. It still does it but not as often.
Maybe once every 2 or 3 hours. Of course I realize that it could still be the reel since it was used.
Any other ideas? Maybe buy another reel?
Thanks for all the help

Earlier when you said you swapped problem reel #5 with the #4 reel was it the entire reel assembly you swapped, or just the revolving reel itself? The optic encoder on the reel assembly circuit board could be flaky. Also, inspect the circuit board to see in the optic encoder solder terminals have broken or cracked solder where it is attached to the circuit board.

If you see solder like this on the reel circuit board it needs to be resoldered:
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline varmint

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2016, 01:17:27 PM »
It was the entire reel assembly.
I have purchased a TITO from Jim,
Thanks

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2016, 01:21:29 PM »
And you replaced the entire reel assembly with another one you bought from ebay, but still get the errors? (you said earlier that you bought a reel from ebay, did you mean you bought a complete reel assembly from ebay?)

Offline varmint

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2016, 01:23:11 PM »
Yes, that is correct.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2016, 01:25:35 PM »
Have you checked the connectors where the reel assembly plugs into the machine? There may be loose pins there that are intermittent when the machine gets warm or vibrates. Also, as cowboygames said earlier, it is important that nothing rubs against the spinning reel as that will mess up the spinning timing and you'll get an error. Make sure no nearby wiring cables, or stuff on the reel glass in front of the reels can come in contact with the spinning reel. Ensure the reel assembly is straight in its slot, not touching the reel next to it. The reel basket should be firmly attached to the shaft on the reel motor and not slip, wobble or be loose. I suppose the replacement reel assy you bought could be bad too, but that seems too coincidental. Was it advertised as a tested, known-good part?

PS> belated "Welcome to NLG!"    :odie:

If your machine keeps acting up continue to ask questions and tell us the symptoms, someone will get an idea that takes care of it.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2016, 02:06:38 PM »
Does the wiring harness on the reel plug into the reel motor or is it hard wired? And does your reel have LED or incandescent lights?

Offline varmint

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2016, 03:13:44 PM »
The harness plugs into the reel motor. The reel has incandescent lights in it.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2016, 03:48:39 PM »
I've probably got a spare NOS harness laying around for that. If you want it send me your shipping addy and prove a $10 donation to this site

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal