New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: CEI "Low Battery" error & others (Transfer, started Nov 2011)  (Read 1970 times)

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Topic started by: slotsavegas on November 02, 2011; transferred from old site

Post by: slotsavegas on November 02, 2011, 12:54:02 PM

This is on a CEI Model 327-510 Serial # M3372.

I am getting a "Battery Failure  Replace Battery" message displayed on monitor when I turn on the game.

Can someone tell me where this battery is located ? What battery is needed to replace it ? And how do I go about replacing it ?
I have NO training in electronics so be as specific as you can.

Thanks, Barry   

Post by: jbshocks on November 02, 2011, 01:27:43 PM

I am sure someone will jump in that has a poker machine.  I have a CEI slot which may be similar or completely different.  On the slot the battery is on the main board.  It is a special battery that has a built in IC and the entire assembly pushes down onto an IC socket.  You have to carefully cut away the battery and solder leads to the 2 legs on the ic.  I put in an inline connector and zip tied the wires through a hole in the board.  This was done to help prevent stress on the legs of the IC.  The battery is in a battery holder velcroed to the main board tray.   Yours may be completely different but I would expect there are similarities with the CEI machines.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 10:23:04 PM by SolidSilver »

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Re: CEI "Low Battery" error & others (transfer)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 09:14:52 PM »
Title: Re: CEI video poker "Low Battery" error
Post by: slotsavegas on November 04, 2011, 10:36:10 AM

Thanks, Jbshocks. I was able to remove the board and locate the battery. It was not connected to any IC but soldered directly to the motherboard. I am not much good at soldering, but was able to cut the old battery off and by leaving enough of the old battery wire leads connected to the board I was able to get the new battery installed.

System is up and working again.... BUT (ain't there always a but ?) The fan motor is making a lot of noise. I did blow the dust and cobwebs out of it, but I think it will need to be replaced. Do you or someone else know what kind of motor it is, and where I might be able to buy one ? Once again thanks for helping out a very novice player.
Post by: jbshocks on November 04, 2011, 11:35:28 AM

Yours may be different then my fan but mine looks like any old pc case fan though I have not looked at the voltage it is running.  On a pc fan you can sometimes peel the sticker back on the motor and put a drop of oil on the shaft.  I use RC car motor oil.  Otherwise you will need to check the voltage on the fan to get a proper replacement.
Post by: slotsavegas on November 05, 2011, 01:32:57 PM

Kudos again. I was able to remove the fan. As you suggested the label was fairly easy to pull loose. I found a rubber plug in the back and put a small amount of silicon lubricant in the fan bearing area. Runs smooth and quite. Thanks much for all your help. 
Post by: jbshocks on November 05, 2011, 02:32:10 PM

I am glad it worked.  Sometimes this will work a long time sometimes not.  It depends how long it ran dry.  If the noise comes back it is time to look for a fan.
Post by: slotsavegas on November 05, 2011, 05:25:07 PM

Perhaps you can help again...
I let my son take it home today. He loaded in in his pickup on its back and drove it a few miles. When he got home he attmpted to insert a quarter and got a coin in error. After he found the coin loose in mechanism he removed the stuck quarter and reinstalled the coin mechanism. The monitor told him to press a button (not sure which) to clear the coin in error. He pressed the wrong button and is now stuck in "Test Mode"

We do not know how to clear this to return to game play mode.
Can you help ??? I will attempt to load a picture in the hopes that it will help

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
Re: CEI "Low Battery" error & others (transfer)
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 09:17:05 PM »
Title: Re: CEI video poker "Low Battery" error
Post by: slotsavegas on November 05, 2011, 05:51:13 PM

Was able to find the solution from an earlier posting. Pressing the discard buttons 1,2, and 3 at the same time returned the game to normal play.

Now he tells me each time he inserts a quarter, it drops through to the outside tray and does not credit the game or go into the hopper.Title: Re: CEI video poker "Low Battery" error
Any ideas on what to check. It is a 25 cent mechanical coin mechanism and does not have a place to insert a comparison coin.

In the test mode if you press the deal/draw or the cash out button, or one of those it does voodoo to the comparitor. for testing. put it back in test and press one of them until the light on the comparitor goes out; "I think". Been a while since I worked on a CEI that takes coins

Oh Wait... Hell I'm not sure if that applies to that mechanism or not. I know it does to the cc40...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal