New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: CEI Poker machine won't power up (Transfer, started Aug 2010)  (Read 1595 times)

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Topic started by: bkbargins4u on August 18, 2010; transferred from old site

Post by: bkbargins4u on August 18, 2010, 09:11:20 PM

I just bought a CEI video poker machine that supposedly worked fine one day, then wouldn't power up the next day.  I checked to see if I had power to the switch and I do not.  I have no idea what to do next.  Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 
Post by: Yoeddy1 on August 18, 2010, 10:00:27 PM

There are 3 fuses on the main board in the back of the machine.  I'd start by checking those.  Is it completely dead, no fans, lights, monitor, sound, etc?
Post by: bkbargins4u on August 19, 2010, 04:42:56 PM

Thank you very much for responding.  I just checked all 3 fuses and they are good.  The machine does absolutely nothing, it is completely dead, no noises, lights, nothing. 
Post by: Yoeddy1 on August 19, 2010, 05:14:26 PM
If I remember, the power cord has a special connector that plugs directly on the main board.  Did you disconnect and reconnect the plug from the board and try a different outlet?  On my old CEI machine I remember a few plugs on the board being loose for whatever reason and it might not be a bad idea to ensure that they are all fully seated.  If there's no action, I suspect a bad power supply perhaps?  Hopefully, dormi or one other the other highly experienced CEI guys will chime in with some ideas.
Post by: bkbargins4u on August 19, 2010, 05:31:59 PM

You are correct, the cord plugs directly into the board.  I unplugged it from board, plugged it into an outlet, and checked to make sure that I have power through the cord, and I do.  Good idea, I will make sure that all of the plugs are plugged in.  I didn't do that because the guy I bought it from said that it went from working to not working and he didn't move it or anything.       
Post by: Yoeddy1 on August 19, 2010, 07:56:37 PM

Do the little green voltage LED's come on the motherboard at all when powered on? 
Post by: bkbargins4u on August 19, 2010, 09:00:35 PM

No, no lights, no nothing. 
Post by: bkbargins4u on October 15, 2010, 04:37:01 PM

I apologize for not getting back sooner but I have had more important things I needed to take care of. 
I checked all of the connections and everthing is plugged in.  Does the power supply look like a transformer? 
Post by: bkbargins4u on November 21, 2010, 08:00:31 AM

Here is the update for those who are following this thread:

First of all I learned that the power supply is on the motherboard, it is not the transformer.

My machine is up and running thanks to the CEI guru dormi!!  I sent my motherboard to dormi to be repaired.  He discovered that my board had a bad AC interference filter causing the traces to burn.  He said that lightning is the usual cause of this part to go bad, that it will short to ground to protect the electronics downstream from it.  He repaired the board and sent it back.  I reinstalled it in my machine, and it works great.

Thank you to everyone for their input and especially dormi for repairing my board!!
Post by: Yoeddy1 on April 06, 2012, 11:38:02 AM

Dormi is the man to contact.  He's a member here and repaired my CEI board as well.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 10:22:08 PM by SolidSilver »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal