New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: bill validator  (Read 6696 times)

luckyspin09876

bill validator
« on: May 27, 2016, 04:15:04 PM »
 :cool_thumb_up: hello everyone  and thank you for your help,  my bill validator went bad so I bought two from a friend of mine  but they did not have the EEPROM chip so I bought the EEPROM chip from a replicable slot machine shop online, install the chip and then install the bill validator in my S2000 IGT slot machine, The bill validator before did not have an EEPROM, it had the chip that is soldered into the board.  so now I'm getting  a message on the front of the slot machine in the LCD window  that says no download from bill validator.  can someone tell me what is wrong or what I need to do to fix this. ?????  the  EEPROM I got for my IGT S2000 three real machine is  I D024  V3.80-34 JCM  I have purchased other  EEPROM's from the same distributor and never had a problem.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 04:07:45 PM by luckyspin09876 »

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: bill validator
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 04:28:19 PM »
That's the correct chip if it is indeed a good one. Be sure it's installed correctly with no bent pins. A pic would help. Also be sure it doesn't have a RS232 board attached. If so it will need to be removed. JCM recommends that the eprom be 90ns or faster. A slower chip might cause problems too.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 04:34:44 PM »
On the S2000 machine is there an external power supply for the bill validator? If so could it have gone bad instead of the bill validator itself? Was anything else done to the machine like doing a CLEAR procedure that might have disabled the bill validator in the mpu settings?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

luckyspin09876

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 04:39:17 PM »
hey thank you for your reply really appreciate it,  so the RS232 board  is attached to the bill validator ??  and I would need to remove it if it had one ??  where would it be on the  bill validator if I did have one,  I only see the board the EEPROM  plugs into that's it.

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 04:43:48 PM »
If it was there it would be on the wiring harness side of the transport. If the harness plugs directly into the eprom board then it doesn't have one. Also I forgot to mention this: Be sure all dip switches are in the off position.

:Please_Post_Pictures_2:
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

luckyspin09876

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 05:00:32 PM »
I actually bought the slot machines from a slot machine junkyard,  I bought two of them and they came with these  bill validator's that had no EEPROM in them,

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 06:05:59 PM »
Does the validator cycle when the machine is powered up? If not, check the harness if attached, to be sure you have power. It plugs into the the wires coming out of the back of the validator cage harness. Are there wires coming out of the back of the cage. From a salvage, hard to say what might be missing. After a reread, This was working and had to change the b/v. Now it's not working. I have changed them in my S2000s and never had a problem. Went from a 12 to a 13 (flash to EPROM).  I think RB had a point with legs and dip switches and is the chip facing the right direction? Here a couple of pics for the EPROM and the dip switches.

Dave
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 07:54:41 PM by Shaggy »
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

luckyspin09876

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 06:10:26 PM »
thank you for your reply,  when I pulled the bill validator  out one of my other machines and put it in this machine it works fine.  don't know why I'm doing and message no download from bill validator

luckyspin09876

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 06:14:34 PM »
 I switched bill validator's with my working achiness and does not work in them either same error code no download from bill validator,  I checked all the  dip  switches and they are all down as you showed me in the photos.  any other ideas I appreciate your help

luckyspin09876

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 06:15:51 PM »
the  bill validator does not cycle when you turn on the machine either

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 06:31:16 PM »
Well if it was mine, I would say either a bad pair of Eproms or the validator itself is faulty. You are putting in known working ones with good results. And putting this one in known working machines with bad results. Do you have validators that use Eproms that you can use one of the new Eproms in to see if they are good? If your working validators work with the new chips but the other doesn't I think you have your answer. You may have bought junkyard machines with junkyard validators.
As P.S. to this post, think about it, if you bought the Eproms from a reputable vendor/dealer chances are both of them aren't likely to be bad. Not saying that can't happen, but the validator stuffed in to that machine to make a sale may have taken a power surge or God knows what in the past. The tiny electronics in that unit could be fried easily. Hopefully you have another Eprom based validator and can check out your chips.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

luckyspin09876

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2016, 06:41:49 PM »
 thank you again for your reply I really appreciate your help,  I have put the EEPROM bill validator's in my other machines and they don't work,  I have put the flash bill validator's in this machine they do work I've switched  everything back and forth, the end result is I still get the same error message,  no download from bill validator,  I think you write the EEPROM must be bad,  I bought it from JJ slots,  I have bought other chips from him and never had a problem,  I think I will contact him now.

luckyspin09876

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2016, 06:45:03 PM »
 sorry I might have left this part out, but I have two of these EEPROM build bill validator's and the chipped does not working  with either one,  I get the same error message on both of them. it has to be the EEPROM he  sold me is no good.  but not on purpose.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2016, 06:54:23 PM »
Thank you. If they work with known good chips but not with the new ones, you may have a legitimate beef. But if you got these from someone without Eproms, you still do not know if they work. My point is, make sure those units are good before you go pointing fingers. I have bought stuff from JJ before and never had a problem. From a salvage those 2 could easily be junk. Why put $70 validators in salvage machines? I haven't bought WBA 13SS units for a while, using price as an example. Bottom line is Crow tastes like S$%t. Make sure you are right.

Dave
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 07:16:24 PM by Shaggy »

luckyspin09876

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2016, 07:32:31 PM »
I never  said anything bad about JJ slots.  they have always helped me out and been very professional.  don't know how you're reading this but I'm not point a finger at no one,   and the bill validator's came from a guy that builds slot machines,  never said they were in the junkyard the machines were  in the junkyard not the bill validator's.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2016, 09:17:08 PM »
I never  said anything bad about JJ slots.  they have always helped me out and been very professional.  don't know how you're reading this but I'm not point a finger at no one,   and the bill validator's came from a guy that builds slot machines,  never said they were in the junkyard the machines were  in the junkyard not the bill validator's.

I apologize, I didn't mean to make accusations. I misread the earlier post and thought you got the B/Vs with the machines. Look at my post I missed the part where you got the validators from a known individual. And I didn't mean to infer you were talking bad about JJ Slots. I just wondered if you know of anybody who has a working 13ss that you can try your chips into to make sure they are the culprit. I will remove myself from the thread as I have obviously upset you. I'm sorry. Read reply #5.

Dave

luckyspin09876

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2016, 05:10:18 PM »
Hi Dave,  thank you but no need to apologize you didn't do anything wrong.  I'm not upset with nobody I just appreciate your  guys help and guidance.  my buddies all have the  flash bill validator's,  but you're right that is a good idea if they did have one I can take their EEPROM and put my  bill validator and see if it works or  vice a versa.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal