New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Just bought a new machine need help ID'ing (Transfer, started Aug 2013)  (Read 2326 times)

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Topic started by: cruciform on August 17, 2013; transferred from old site
Post by: cruciform on August 17, 2013, 04:19:09 PM

Hello,  I just picked this machine up from a garage sale- not working. I know very little about these, so bear with me...
I'm pretty sure it's a CEI from the research I've done, but am not 100% positive.

It does nothing when I plug it in, and I can "feel" electricity when I touch metal parts (not necessarily a shock, but a slight tingle)
This leads me to believe the power supply is faulty- am I correct?

Can anyone ID this machine? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 10:30:30 PM by SolidSilver »

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Re: Just bought a new machine need help ID'ing (transfer)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 10:28:08 PM »
More Pics

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 10:29:14 PM »
A few more pics...

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 10:31:50 PM »
Title: Re: Just bought a new machine, need help ID'ing, and getting operational- Pics!
Post by: Neonkiss on August 17, 2013, 08:49:46 PM

What's the voltage on that battery?
Should be 3.5V; If it's dead or low, replace it.
Post by: ROCKET on August 18, 2013, 06:01:04 AM

If you have no lights no nothing when you turn it on it could be just a blown fuse --or a blown fuse on the power supply itself.

Take a voltmeter set to AC current -test where the AC cord plugs into from there on. It looks from your pictures that "picture-11"
if this is picture 11????? to the left of it is a green board saying Prog signal AC etc to the right is a power supply -is it the one for the machine ??

I don't know because i don't see any other pictures of the AC -CORD going in ?? but it is a power supply and on  the power supply on the back side of it out of view is a fuse on left corner looking at your pictures .

Check that also  --that's a common one to blow on that type of power supply. Also check the AC current feed cord to see if that's not broken -common on older machines that sit on wood stands on top of cord rolled back and fourth braking a wire etc.

Then go from there let us know what has voltage and what does not ?? START WITH  AC CURRENT FIRST .
Post by: uniman on August 18, 2013, 08:37:05 AM

A voltage tingle sounds like a bad ground. Like Rocket said, check the power cord first, especially where it enters the machine and especially if it enters through the bottom and not the side.
I would then unplug the ouput from the power supply(s) and then check for "stray" voltage. But I would use a voltage ticker to look for stray voltage and NOT my body!
Then check power supply outputs.
This process should determine if all is good from outlet up to power supply(s).
Post by: cruciform on August 18, 2013, 08:52:32 AM

Thanks for the replies! I went through and check the 3 fuses i could see, they were all ok. I checked and tightened all the grounds i could see, but only had a few minutes this morning, I'm going to check voltages with my volt meter (is that what you mean by a "ticker"?) A little later this afternonn, and I'll report what i find. The cord does run through the bottom, i hope its as simple as a break.

Post by: cruciform on August 18, 2013, 11:28:44 AM

Managed to get it powered up! Main circut breaker was faulty, swapped it with the hopper breaker, and it powered up!

Now i get a "low battery mode" on the screen, as well as a flashing "mux error" and a"closure" message on the side of the screen. I'm going to get a new battery and report back.

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 10:33:07 PM »
Title: Re: Just bought a new machine, need help ID'ing, and getting operational- Pics!
Post by: Neonkiss on August 18, 2013, 01:30:36 PM

Once you get the new battery you will need a user I/D and password to get into the menus.
user I/D 1492
Password 1086
Post by: Neonkiss on August 19, 2013, 01:55:35 PM

OK, I just found my notes on the user ID and passwords.
I up dated the post above to the correct info and found another one in my notes.

User ID 1799
Password 5615

Hope this becomes useful info for someone in the future.
Post by: Jim on August 19, 2013, 02:23:20 PM

The best way to check for a "HOT CHASSIS"  is to put  a meter on the exterior  game metal  and the other to a neutral or ground position of an outlet. If the chassis is hot you should read around 30-40 volts AC.  Make sure your meter is on the AC scale.  Usually it has to do with the power cord being changed some how or some where. This typically happens when some replaces a plug and they don't pay attention to the polarity on the prongs.________________________________________
Post by: cruciform on August 27, 2013, 09:35:06 AM

Got the battery in, and it worked! - at least for a few hours. Now I think I have a monitor issue-
I plug it in, and I hear what sounds like a repetitive "squeaking" and the monitor doesn't illuminate.

How do I go about diagnosing this?

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 10:34:04 PM »
Post by: shortrackskater on January 19, 2014, 01:05:55 AM

Did you ever get your monitor problem resolved? It may have been a capacitor problem, common in old games. There's a few places that will rebuild the monitor or sell you a new one and it's not too expensive. There are a few posts here on NLG on rebuild monitors.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal