New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: correct bill validator for s plus?  (Read 3518 times)

Offline puckhead

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
correct bill validator for s plus?
« on: July 06, 2016, 08:03:38 AM »
will this bill validator work with an igt s plus?

http://rudysdeals.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2223&search=bill

do i have to set dips a certain way?

thanks

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: correct bill validator for s plus?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 08:53:23 AM »
Probably not.

Among other reasons it won't work is it says it has "the newest software to work with the new $100 bills", which means it has the -024 comm id protocol (unless I'm mistaken). The S+ you want to install it into uses id -022/023. The id protocol is the communication method the bill validator uses to "talk" to the mpu board, they have to match.

Plus your S+ was probably setup for the older DBV validators, so you'd have to change out other parts to install the WBA unit. I think you can put a WBA validator in an S+ but it has to have the correct software in the WBA that is compatible with the S+, along with the WBA cabinet mounting parts and cash can stuff. The WBA units were not made to be a direct slide-in replacement for the DBV units.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline puckhead

• puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 09:14:02 AM »
its got a wba in it now. the power supply was missing. i put in a new one, and the BV is dead. i put one in from my s2000 and it cycles, but doesnt read. i put the head from the s plus on my s2000 transport, and it cycles but doesnt work.  i'll need a transport and head.

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 03:44:57 PM »
Does the WBA from the S2000 work correctly in the S2000? If so the harness has already been changed in the S+. That being said, the software from the S2000 will not work in the S+. You will have to change software and even then you will not be able to use the new $100 bills. Let's start there.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 04:53:56 PM »
my  s2000 wba works correctly in my s2000.  it will cycle in the s plus.  the non working one doesnt cycle at all.

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 06:11:01 PM »
I wish you would keep these posts together. It's tough running all over to ask and answer questions.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 07:08:48 PM »
the 2nd post in the classified was a simple request if anyone had one for sale. i didnt post it as a tech question.  someone asked a tech question about it, so i replied.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal