New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Look and Feel suggestions and issues  (Read 102180 times)

Offline Joeylc

• Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
Re: Look and Feel suggestions and issues
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2014, 09:45:31 AM »
all issues fixed ... thanks.. all....
"Sell one game, two more shall take its place!"
"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2014, 01:48:44 AM »
Hey Joey-

What do you think about adding a "FAQ" message icon (similar to the selectable WTB, WTS, etc. message icons) that we can use for sticky/locked topics that address Frequently Asked Questions in each topic?  The intention would be that the "FAQ" icon would only be used for archived posts that answer FAQs, and any new "how-to" guides that get written in the future.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2014, 09:36:37 AM »
Hey Joey-

What do you think about adding a "FAQ" message icon (similar to the selectable WTB, WTS, etc. message icons) that we can use for sticky/locked topics that address Frequently Asked Questions in each topic?  The intention would be that the "FAQ" icon would only be used for archived posts that answer FAQs, and any new "how-to" guides that get written in the future.

I like it will get right on it ....
"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline DoubleZero

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • DoubleZero New User has no influence.
  • WTB: S2000 I Dream of Jeannie short reel glass.
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2014, 12:42:50 PM »
Just a quick thought here, in the interest of improved readability ...

I'd recommend eliminating "NLG" in each of the Site Navigation buttons that it appears in. It's unnecessary (we already know we're at NLG) and just adds clutter. Example: "NLG Home Page" should just say "Home Page" and "NLG Classifieds" should just say "Classifieds". There are others, but you get my drift. Also, "PM's Messages" ought to just say "Messages" or "Private Messages". As it is, ("Private Message's Messages") doesn't make sense.

Okay, enough nit-picking. I love the new site!!
WTB: Upright S2000 Mummy reel glass (unfaded).

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2014, 01:12:28 PM »
your going to laugh but we do this as other web sites will steal your button sets ...... and we did a lot of work to make them....  :24: :24: :24:

where do you see "Private Message's Messages" at  :Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head:
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline DoubleZero

« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2014, 01:17:36 PM »
your going to laugh but we do this as other web sites will steal your button sets ...... and we did a lot of work to make them....  :24: :24: :24:

where do you see "Private Message's Messages" at  :Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head:

Steal your buttons? Is nothing sacred anymore?!  :duh: 

Button number eight, is what I was referring to. "PM's (implying Private Message's) Messages" See what I mean? Not a big deal. Just thought I'd mention it while I was complaining.  :wave:

Offline StatFreak

• rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
  • Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • StatFreak New User has no influence.
  • Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!
« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2014, 01:23:14 PM »

Button number eight, is what I was referring to. "PM's (implying Private Message's) Messages" See what I mean? Not a big deal. Just thought I'd mention it while I was complaining.  :wave:

That's like "ATM machine."  It should either be ATM or AT Machine. The best one is "The La Brea Tar Pits" in Los Angeles. :fryingpan: That translates to "The The Tar Tar Pits"  :duh: :EmoticonHelp4: :rotfl:
I found myself at NLG :garfield:  ..but got lost again on the way home. :scratch-head_2:
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. :mail_2:

Offline StatFreak

• rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
  • Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • StatFreak New User has no influence.
  • Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!
« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2014, 01:27:57 PM »
Joey,

I noticed that my table in the Audit thread is now red. Blech. It had been blue. Tables were standard color (black) on the old site and were blue here until recently.  :Scratch-Head:

Personally, I'd prefer auto-color (black) so that we could add any color we wished to the text in tables. If that's not possible, then I'd like to suggest returning it to blue, as it was. Red really doesn't work well, IMO.

Stat :garfield:
I found myself at NLG :garfield:  ..but got lost again on the way home. :scratch-head_2:
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. :mail_2:

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2014, 01:37:30 PM »
Joey,

I noticed that my table in the Audit thread is now red. Blech. It had been blue. Tables were standard color (black) on the old site and were blue here until recently.  :Scratch-Head:

Personally, I'd prefer auto-color (black) so that we could add any color we wished to the text in tables. If that's not possible, then I'd like to suggest returning it to blue, as it was. Red really doesn't work well, IMO.

Stat :garfield:

I did not change it... I dont think....  hmmmm can you send me a link....   are we looking at the same page...  I know I'm seeing double to much computer crap lol..........
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline DoubleZero

« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2014, 02:41:08 PM »

That's like "ATM machine."  It should either be ATM or AT Machine. The best one is "The La Brea Tar Pits" in Los Angeles. :fryingpan: That translates to "The The Tar Tar Pits"  :duh: :EmoticonHelp4: :rotfl:

Now that's funny! I think this situation is made worse by the possessive apostrophe, though. It's as though the Messages belong to the PMs!  :Scratch-Head:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal