New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Dbv upgrade to a wba 13 ss  (Read 3587 times)

Offline Fisk167

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Fisk167 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Dbv upgrade to a wba 13 ss
« on: August 09, 2016, 07:27:52 AM »
I'm in the process of upgrading and I'm almost done. Only issue so far is cash box won't fit due to front rails of the old cash box frame seem to be in the way. I was thinking of cutting the two front rails off to give me more room for the new cash box. Has anyone done this upgrade run into this also? Can I just bypass the cash box door switch by twisting the two wires together. Thanks for the help.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Dbv upgrade to a wba 13 ss
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 09:13:17 AM »
You can just tie he wires together.  I've done that with all my bill doors.  A friend of mine did what you are doing, he replaced the entire bill cage with one from a wba install.  And i believe there was also an issue with the validator entry bezel on the door, not 100% sure on that as it was about 12 years ago.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 01:51:08 PM »
Check with Jim (Midwest Slots). He should have everything you need.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Fisk167

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 05:14:47 PM »
I did the install but have run into a few problems. After doing the chip bv activation process it is stuck in the 61 1 point and when I close the door turn jackpot key it doesn't do anything. I have also noticed that their is no connection plug for bv bevel light to hook up too from wba 13ss harness. I'm not sure If I have the right harness or maybe I'm missing an plug adapter for a IGT S Plus machine. I also removed the cash door switch and twisted the two wires together to give me more room for the wba cashbox. Did I do that correct? I am new to slot repair and any help would be appreciated. I did send Jim a pm and see if he could guide me in the right direction. Thanks everyone.

Offline Fisk167

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 05:45:43 PM »
Pics of Harness and I believe its the machine plug for benvel light plug & wba harness connection for the light.

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 05:48:59 PM »
I did the install but have run into a few problems. After doing the chip bv activation process it is stuck in the 61 1 point and when I close the door turn jackpot key it doesn't do anything. I have also noticed that their is no connection plug for bv bevel light to hook up too from wba 13ss harness. I'm not sure If I have the right harness or maybe I'm missing an plug adapter for a IGT S Plus machine. I also removed the cash door switch and twisted the two wires together to give me more room for the wba cashbox. Did I do that correct? I am new to slot repair and any help would be appreciated. I did send Jim a pm and see if he could guide me in the right direction. Thanks everyone.

Yes stripping and twisting the wires is correct. When you close the door to turn the key, after latching it does the display go blank for a few then return to 61-1? If it's not going blank, the door optics aren't recognizing the door as being shut. Make sure the cash can wires are making connection as that will act like an open main door. Is the b/v cycling when power is applied? The Wba 13 harness should have 4 leads coming from it. You will only use 3.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Fisk167

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 06:15:28 PM »
Sorry first pic is not mine picked wrong one when attaching. Yes it does cycle when powering up. Looking at others photos like the first one I may have an S2000 harness. Just guessing.... Right pic below of bill machine bevel light plug and harness plug which is to small to connect together.

It does not clear the 61 1 when closing . door momentarily. I noticed a cash box switch in the back of the case . Can that be it also? Thanks

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 06:17:40 PM »
because your machine had a 200 unit, it has the wrong plug to adapt to a wba.,  you will need a flat connector to adapt to the  wba. 

The S+ machine with a bill unit will operate without the bill unit, the bill unit is totally independent from the rest of the machine, you must make sure the rest of the machine is working properly before you attempt to get the bill unit working.

to get the bill unit working: credits have to be set, bill unit enabled, denom set, correct ido set.

the switch on the back is probably not hooked up to anything.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Fisk167

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 08:17:22 PM »
Good News Guys!! I revisited the cash door switch wiring. I twisted the wires together again. I closed the door, turned the key and machine came back on. Jackpot tilt lights went off and I only had one dollar bills  on me but they fed all the way thru into the cash box. Proper credits were added to the credit meter. Thank everyone for their help this group is awesome.

since its only a home machine I could just use a male to female spade lug connector and  cut the plugs off Its only two wires. Harness side is black & white. I would figure Black positive power & white should be negative return if they are color coded right.

Machine side is a red/blue & green/blue stripe. I have to figure out which is positive or power. My guess would be red/blue

Are their  any good  videos out there on cleaning and lubing the transport gears/ belts? It just sounds a little rough when cycling
Thanks again

Isaac

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal