New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Alice Enchanted Mirror / Blue Screen of Death  (Read 12497 times)

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Alice Enchanted Mirror / Blue Screen of Death
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2016, 05:17:38 PM »
I will add one more thing to the thread.  I had issues like you mentioned whenever I would go into the attendant menu.  I don't use multi-denom typically, I always just choose penny and go with it.  Anyway, it turned out to be a hard drive cable that was causing the intermittent issues.  Since the game loads up at startup, the only time the game accesses the drive is whenever you go into an attendant menu, or change denoms.  So I would test a different sata/power cable to see if that fixes your issue.  But you mention you don't have any such issues with other games.  I had the issue with any game.  But it might be something to try.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2016, 08:09:33 PM »
Thanks Rick.  Yeah, I loaded up about 15 games with different types of CF cards, operating systems, configurations, and none of them would fail.  This is the only game in my entire library that doesn't work...with multidenom anyway.  I'm sure it will work fine with single denom, but it's blowing my mind why others can set up multidenom with the same game and same OS and not see the issue.  Alice Mad Tea Party works perfect as well!

The only other thing that I can think of is maybe there is an issue with SSD compared to HDD.  I put in a new Sandisk SSD a few months back to replace the Fujitsu HDD that I had in there before.  Maybe that game doesn't play nice with SSD?

Thanks,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2016, 08:30:39 PM »
Originally, I thought the same thing also regarding SSD vs HD, but I ran into the same issue with various games until I replaced the hard drive cable.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2016, 01:15:27 AM »
Originally, I thought the same thing also regarding SSD vs HD, but I ran into the same issue with various games until I replaced the hard drive cable.

Rick, do you know if the SATA cable that ships with an NXT2 MPU is SATA version 1, 2, or 3?  Which version of SATA cable are you running in yours?

Thanks,
Jason

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2016, 10:30:45 AM »
It's SATA 1, it doesn't really matter anyway (it's really just extra shielding and higher awg on the II and III has latches).  The Pentium IV's chipset only supports SATA I.  The reason I replaced my cable was because there was damage to the SATA end, the pink plastic sleeve was not "attached" to the black connector, which could mean that the wires inside might be compromised thus causing the errors.  Are you still having issues?

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2016, 10:42:47 AM »
Just with that game.  Over thanksgiving, I might try putting an HDD back in to see if that makes a difference. Or maybe see if the Mississippi jur chip is messing with it.

Jason

Offline iramack

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2016, 10:43:33 AM »
Jason,

I still think it's the combination of the OS and JUR version that you are using................When mine did the same thing, I took the OS down to near minimum for the game, and it was fine.  I believe my JUR is Columbia.

Steve

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2016, 10:48:39 AM »
The only reason I'm using Mississippi is to stop the meters from clicking/spinning.  Are there other JUR chips that also stop the meters from spinning?  I'd be up for trying another one if that's the case.

Jason

Offline iramack

• iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2016, 10:58:45 AM »
You could try using the one you had before you switched to Mississippi ??  Or did you get the CPU with MIS already installed??

There are many sources out there for JUR chips.

Steve

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2016, 12:12:24 PM »
So I took out the SSD and Mississippi JUR chip and put in an Oklahoma Tribes JUR chip and the original HDD.  Loaded up the game, and the first token I dropped in, "Call Attendant".  Used the CJ OS.  Maybe it's the OLED deck that isn't compatible.  Jimise said he uses a standard deck and no TITO.

This game just doesn't like me I guess.  Any other thoughts?

Jason

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2016, 12:26:00 PM »
Try using the OS it was released with 1696.  Sometimes the newer OS has issues with older games.  I've been using California Tribal on my bb2 cabinet.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2016, 01:01:47 PM »
Try using the OS it was released with 1696.  Sometimes the newer OS has issues with older games.  I've been using California Tribal on my bb2 cabinet.

Rick,does that California Tribal JUR chip you're using silence the meters?

Thanks,
Jason

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2016, 01:20:30 PM »
No, to the best of my knowledge the mississippi sjur is the only one.  Though I don't see why my original resistor mod wouldn't alleviate the counter issue.  I could give it a try since I still have my original ones.

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2016, 01:23:19 PM »
I still have the mod you made for me installed in my 550 conversion...... Which is asking for a new battery for the FIRST time ever!!!  LOL

Ahhh the good old days.....:-)

Steve

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2016, 01:41:47 PM »
I converted my 550 back to legacy a few months back to help GOS with his issue.  I left it as a legacy machine since I now have a bb1.  It still has the resistors installed, although they are disconnected since I did the jumper trick on the backplane.  I will mod a couple of them to see if I can alleviate the ticking with non mississippi sjurs.  Just getting rid of the one that ticks when you play and the one that ticks when it pays ought to be enough.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2016, 01:49:38 PM »
So I put my Mis JUR and SSD back in.  Same problem, but only with multidenom.  Single Denom is fine.  No problem.  Multidenom even fails with the OK Tribal JUR chip and HDD. 

What do you guys set up for your base denom?  I always choose 1$, 5$ payout in tokens with split pay enabled, and the denoms as .01/.02/.05/.10.

Just running .05 and I can't get it to fail with SSD, Mis JUR and 16CJ OS.

Jason

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2016, 01:51:10 PM »
Oddly enough I don't hear/notice them much anymore on my 1.5 or my 2. Except when I hit a big payout, then the ticking seems to go on forever.

Now I'm more into my new AVP-SMLD, Multigame machine.  I never cared much for the IGT platform after I discovered WMS.  However, these are sweet units, albeit a bit pricey now.

Got 15 or 16 games on it so far......................the 3D is nice too!!

SM

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2016, 01:55:13 PM »
Jason,

Try setting it up with base denom .01

Say no coin acceptor, no hopper, just dbv.   Forget the split pay bla bla etc.  Set it for 1 cent 2 cent 5 cent and 25cent.  TITO OK as well.

Steve

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2016, 06:07:35 PM »
Same problem Steve...even running your steps.  I'll just run it on single denom at .05.  Unless there are other ideas, this chump has been stumped.  ;)

Thanks,
Jason

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2016, 06:17:58 PM »
I never do multi-denom on these games, what's the point?  I usually just set them for a penny and off I go.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal