New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: DBV-145-SS  (Read 3368 times)

Offline Bomackey

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Bomackey New User has no influence.
  • NLG
DBV-145-SS
« on: October 24, 2016, 02:27:39 AM »
Hi Folks, I have an IGT Wild Cherry machine that I just purchased, it has a DBV-145-ss in it, the DBV would not work, so I popped it out and it had a $5 bill wadded up in it, I removed the bill and when I try to use it, the bill goes into the DBV but will not go but about half way into the transport,and then stops, I make noise for about 10 to 15 seconds, and then usually the bill will just stop there. I can take the cash box out and the Transport will come on and I can see the gears spinning on it, and when I reinstall it, It will spin for a couple of seconds. the door switch in front of the the cash box has been wire around and also the switch behind the cash box has been disabled.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: DBV-145-SS
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 01:46:28 PM »
Try a $1 dollar bill...some of these older DBV's won't take fives.
If a $5 dollar bill has been sitting in there that long, clean all plastic optics with warm, soapy water and rinse.
Just a little, don't go overboard and get everything all soaking wet.
A dab and rub here and there does wonders for dusty old plastics.
Do the same with the rinse mode.
Dry with compressed air or let sit for awhile.
Don't use alcohol wipes because they cause more damage to the old plastic optical eyes.
Let us know what happens when you you try a single after cleaning.  :yes:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Bomackey

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 04:46:04 PM »
Thanks for the reply, the five was so wrinkled up that I didn't dare to try it, I have been using ones that are in descent shape, i cleaned all of the optics in the complete assembly. after it all dried, i tried it and got the same thing, it pulls it in, then rocks it back and forth and then eventually just stops doing anything at all. but now it wont even kick on and try to pull the bill in. yesterday and earlier today, the bezel around the bill slot would lite up, now it wont even do that. I think i am in worse shape than before

Offline Bomackey

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 05:30:25 PM »
ok I took it back apart and blew it out really well again, now i am getting the bezel to light up again, it will pull the bill in, then it rocks it back and forth around 10 times and then just stops. i can pull the face plat off, the bill is always pulled in far enough that there is about 1/4 inch of it sticking out, and it is usually that way everytime.

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 10:05:04 PM »
I was never that good at troubleshooting older DBV's like the 145...I'd be shopping around for the 200 version with the vented power adapter. The 200 had better bill acceptance.
I hope someone else chimes in on your DBV problem maybe with a better answer.
It sounds like some part of the optics isn't reading the dollar bill and you've cleaned them.
                                                           OR
It's very well possible the rubber belts aren't pulling in the bill fast enough or far enough to get stacked into the can.
Maybe those belts could use some cleaning as well...I'm not sure if you had a chance to try to clean those as well?
Paper money is very dirty....lots of gunk really gets stuck to everything inside a DBV.
The "gunk" is oils from fingers is other stuff.
Turns black with residue and forms into hardened slippery deposits on the belts.

I'm sure if you give one of NLG's vendors a call, they may have a DBV 200 and power adapter for ya.
You may have better bill acceptance with that although even these will not accept the newer bills.

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Bomackey

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 01:38:02 AM »
thanks Stayouttadabunker, I have been looking at the belts on my unit,the upper belt seems to me like it has an lawful lot of slack in it, i dont know if it should be like that or not. when I first started messing with it, I took te head unit off and started a bill into the transport and tried to turn the gear and run it thru, it was like it would get to the upper belt area and would kind of hang there and didnt want to pull on thru.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 10:33:42 AM »
Yeah...there's no way the belt should have that much slack...might explain why the bills are not getting pulled through and stacked
The belts on mine are fairly snug though I hardly ever use it.
(I'm old fashioned...still like putting coins in or playing with TITO on an S2000)

Probably need to replace the belts but...
why do that when you can buy an DBV200 for dirt cheap that will have better bill acceptance?  :propeller:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 03:13:46 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 02:57:24 PM »
Yeah...there's no way the belt should have that much slack...might explain why the bills are getting pulled through and stacked
The belts on mine are fairly snug though I hardly ever use it.
(I'm old fashioned...still like putting coins in or playing with TITO on an S2000)

Probably need to replace the belts but...
why do that when you can buy an DBV200 for dirt cheap that will have better bill acceptance?  :propeller:

:agreepost:

I replaced the rubber rollers... O rings, that actually grab the bill first. It worked, but for the time and effort it's MUCH easier to take stayouttadabunkers advice.  :yes:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal