New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: another odd problem  (Read 4670 times)

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
another odd problem
« on: January 31, 2017, 11:41:55 PM »
so i have a single coin machine that as soon as the first reel locks the hopper starts spinning and as soon as the second reel locks the hopper stops. the model plat has been removed so i have no idea what it is. i think its someones failed attempt at building a money honey. all the contacts look good all the wipers make good contact i think the pay cards are wired wrong for the reels but i don't have a schematic.

Offline JanGbg

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • JanGbg New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: another odd problem
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 02:32:51 AM »
Do you have any knowledge of electrical troubleshooting? If not then I think you should leave it to someone who has it. It is not easy to troubleshoot and fix these machines.

There are a number of conditions to the hopper to be able to start, for example, the Wheels has stopped.

Offline JanGbg

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • JanGbg New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 02:46:12 AM »
so i have a single coin machine that as soon as the first reel locks the hopper starts spinning and as soon as the second reel locks the hopper stops. the model plat has been removed so i have no idea what it is. i think its someones failed attempt at building a money honey. all the contacts look good all the wipers make good contact i think the pay cards are wired wrong for the reels but i don't have a schematic.
Help?

• Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 07:23:59 AM »
Do you have any knowledge of electrical troubleshooting? If not then I think you should leave it to someone who has it. It is not easy to troubleshoot and fix these machines.

There are a number of conditions to the hopper to be able to start, for example, the Wheels has stopped.
Yes i do have knowledge of electrical troubleshooting. In fact this is by no means my first em. I know normally the reels have to be stopped for the hopper to be able to start, but on this machine that is not the case. Thanks for the schematic but i have already gone through all the relays. I think my problem is the reel mech and hopper dont match or whoever re wired the pay contract cards has something crossed.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 07:57:02 AM »
If you think the hopper or the real machine do not match the cabinet start with the hopper pull it out unhook the plug in the machine it plugs into undo the plug off the back of the hopper compare wire- colors
I have had Hoppers run with the first real index I cannot remember what it was amechanic was telling me he had the same problem last time I was at his house I do not remember what the problem was maybe he can step in if he still remembers I believe it was a shorted wire
And really in my personal opinion I can teach almost anyone how to troubleshoot these old machines even without knowledge they are that simple

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 08:46:36 AM »
I have worked on a lot of these things since starting with slots a few years ago, and for the most part they are easy fixes but latly the machines people bring me are butchered. Atleast now i have a set of test cables so i can get the mechs out of the machine for testing. I will check for obvious shorts again.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 08:53:55 AM »
I would look at the A and the C switch closely

And then look for a shorted wire

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 08:54:47 AM »
I just noticed a switch mounted to the side of the coin mech. It doesn't look like anything can hit it and it doesn't seem to do anything.

Edit a and c switches were first thing i checked the tested ok with multimeter but i will look again.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 08:58:40 AM »
The coin reject Armature activates that switch only seen on really early machines I have several of them here in my collection

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2017, 09:00:30 AM »
Another way to tell is an early machine is the thought you only have two wires to your coin switch all the machines after 66 had three wires on the clean switch people figured out how to cheat and that's why they put the third wire just about all updates from that early machine on wiring is because people would figure out a cheat and the engineers had to rewire the machine around how they were cheating

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 09:04:49 AM »
I see how that would hit it now. The armature is missing on this machine.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2017, 09:06:23 AM »
If you go to my Facebook page I just uploaded a link for the schematic for that early 742a it's a little different than what you'll find in the manual much more basic and it includes that switch

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2017, 11:03:17 AM »
Post a picture of your machine.. It sounds like you have a JPO or Jack Pot Only machine.. These were in the early Bally 800 series from what I've seen.. They would stir the hopper during the reels spin from time to time.. These are usually a Bar / 7 style machine paying larger jackpots.. 

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2017, 11:56:48 AM »
do you want a picture of something specific?

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2017, 12:37:25 PM »
No just wanted a front shot of the machine. You have some sort of Fruit machine and not a JPO. I would start looking for a wire grounding out under your reels. When you cycle your machine, the linkages under the reels come very close to the beau plugs wiring. Make sure nothing is grounding out when you play. I had a machine that the hopper ran 18 coin while the res spun. It turned out in my machine that there was a wire pinche'd and causing a short to ground at my hoppers plug. Once fixed my machines run fine.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2017, 12:43:12 PM »
The reels in it are not original to the machine they are crappy paper money honey clone strips someone put in it. i will check the wires under the reels again. Im about to call this one beyond economic repair and just strip it for parts.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2017, 01:17:22 PM »
If they are original paper money honey strips painted by hand to not stripping oh my God do not strip it it might be an early money honey let's get some pictures up here let me look at it please do not strip

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2017, 02:22:49 PM »
No clearly inkjet printed strips.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2017, 03:16:47 PM »
"What we got here" looks to be a 742 compared to the photo attached.
I like this situation, not your ordinary problem. Wiring could be the problem.

How does a random stop on the first reel supply power to the hopper?

Why does a random stop on the second reel cut power to the first reel?

First check to see if the Latch Link. At the very bottom of the Reel Mechanism, is not pushing a wire on the Beau-Plug or any other wire.
If that is clear and good.

Then start from both ends of this situation and work into the first reel.

Find the wire that supplies power to the 3rd wiper board. Most of the time its solid gray and it maybe connected in two places on that board.
To find this wire NORMALLY, set up a three orange payout. There should be continuity across the boards and to the power supply wire.
There also should be continuity at beau plug. To test this, clip a meter to the pins that beep, then mover the reels one at a time.
The beep should stop every time.

Un solder the power on the 3rd wiper board wire and tape the end.
Try running the machine. Normally this would halt any signal to the payout relay.

Or from the payout relay, place a piece of paper between the contacts that supplies the power to the hopper motor. See photo.
This also will cut power to the motor.
Both of these test should narrow the search to the reels in a unmodified machine.

Note, I would do this on my machines, but please work at your own comfort level.

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2017, 03:38:44 PM »
Good information i will try it maybe tomorrow im a little burn out on ems for now.
Attached is a picture of the other projects i have been occupied with.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal