New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Main Battery Low  (Read 4081 times)

Offline vette6048

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • vette6048 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Main Battery Low
« on: February 04, 2017, 04:46:34 PM »
Just changed all the batteries on the board. The 3.6 battery and the 3V batteries on the piggyback board. I clear the board and it reads Phase 1 complete. I shut the machine off remove the zero chip and install the security chip. When I power it up now I am getting Main Battery Low-34. Checked all batteries. If I power machine down then restart then I get the two red boxes that read criitical data fault and some other bullshit. Any suggestions or are there no VLC owners around anymore. I be better off selling the zero chip and dump this paper weight!! Hope I get some ideas!!

Offline vette6048

• NLG
Re: Main Battery Low
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 09:35:02 PM »
I am answering my own question. I got my VLC up and running. That almighty 010 zero chip is like gold.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 05:18:09 AM »
For the benefit of others with these boat anchors, would you be able to explain what you did to get past the issue with your machine?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline vette6048

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 05:18:42 PM »
I hope this helps. All i did was I cleared the machine out with the 010 zero chip. You have to have a matching zero chip like I have. My game chip is 010 and so is my zero chip. If my game chip say was a 004 and I dried to clear the machine with my 010 zero chip it will not work. The only way to get around that is somebody has a set of chips that begin with 010 and say the chips that are on your board now are 004 you can remove them and install the 010 chip set and proceed to clear the board. I know the Slot Doc from Texas has a lot more expierence than I do with these VLC machines. I just was in the right place at the right time when this set of zero chips became available. I noticed on my VLC when I first cleared it machine played fine, when I shut it down and powered it up again a bit later I got the red boxes saying ram fault and corrupt ram so I cleared it again machine worked fine but when I powered it down I only shut of the 1 power switch under the monitor. On my VLC there are 2 power switches one is under the door and the other is by the main power supply that is the one I left on. I am gonna try the machine tonight to see if I get those red boxes and If I don't that means I need to leave that switch on, and If I get the red boxes that means I have a problem on my board. The only good thing is It takes a few minutes to clear the board and reset it but who wants to do this everytime. I have about 5 extra boards. I hope this info helped out with any questions but you need that zero chip to get things going!!

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 02:20:25 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  :yes:

If you find that you're having to constantly swap in the zero clear chip, I'd recommend looking into getting a ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) socket for your board, otherwise you're going to wind up eventually breaking off a leg on one of the chips, and as you know they're pretty much impossible to find.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline vette6048

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 09:21:55 AM »
Where would I be able to purchase one? Never seen one of those.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 03:30:04 PM »
If you're unfamiliar with them, the following video shows how they work.  The video is not in English, but you can still see how it works.  He's also obviously using a socket too large for the chip he's demonstrating with -- you'd want to use a socket that has the same number of pins and is the same size as your original chip.

! No longer available

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal