New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: replacing 17in Crt with 17 in or 19 in LCD possbile?  (Read 4137 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: replacing 17in Crt with 17 in or 19 in LCD possbile?
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2017, 05:22:03 PM »
I gaurenttee if you bought a brand new Ceronix LCD from Lisa that you would find that the plug only has about 15 wires in the 19 hole plug.

So your choices are spend $500 from Ceronix after taxes and shipping, or buy a good used one from a Vender like Ken at Ohio Gaming.. I know of only 2 types of plugs used in the 17" cabinets. That is a 19 and a 25.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2017, 05:48:52 PM »
I was just confused why none of the dealers here will sell a lcd to me saying it will not work.

I sent a email to Ceronix about the issue

here is my question and reply from Lisa

Hello
 I have a 3902 game king upright with a 17 in crt. The crt went out and been looking for a replacement monitor. The plug has 17 pins. I was wondering if a 19 pin lcd or crt witll fit for the replacement. I been getting different answers from slot repair places. one says it will work, others say it wont work and I need to get a 17 pin.

Can you help clarify? Will a 17 in 19 pin LCD work? I attached a pic of the plug

response

Hi there! Yes, a LCD with a 19 pin connector will replace your CRT with a 17 PIN connector J

So what the heck is going on with the dealers here? ???

Your dealers don't know what the hell they're talking about...that's what's going on.  As had been stated repeatedly there are two types of monitor connectors for IGT Game King/I-game's.  19 pin or 25 pin.  You determine which one you have by the total number of pins the connector supports, not the number actually installed (populated)  Count all the holes, even the empty ones and you will have either 19 or 25.  Then get a monitor with the matching connector (19 pin or 25 pin) and you will be all set. 

Ken's photo shows where it can be even more confusing for some people.  If you look at his 25 pin connector in the photo, it actually only has 19 pins in it.  Some people will want to say they have a 19 pin connector because of that, but you don't you have a 25 pin connector that has 19 pins populated.  Buy the wrong (19 pin) monitor and guess what, it won't fit.   This isn't rocket science.

As Amechanic check with Ken, he may still have some good used LCD's for sale.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2017, 05:03:39 AM »
Sold the last of them last night. I hope to get more down the road but for now ... I am out of them.

Offline loudness

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • loudness New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2017, 09:32:44 AM »
Thanks for the update Ken

there is a another dealer I contacted. They said they have the LCD and the Crt that will work(surprisingly only dealer that said so) that are both 19 pin for sale

the prices she gave me was 300 for the LCD and 175 for the Crt.

Should I pull the trigger or wait????

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2017, 09:47:40 AM »
I don't know when I will have one available. Could be next week or a few months from now.

You also need the monitor bezel that mounts on the door for the LCD too. See if that is included. I sold LCDs w/bezels for 200 plus shipping. Maybe I was too cheap?

Offline Tanner M

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Tanner M New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2017, 02:34:38 PM »
Ken did you ever receive any more of the LCD's for the game kings?

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2017, 06:24:15 PM »
Sorry .. don't have any right now.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal