New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S-Plus Model B5136CIW bet one credit button problem  (Read 2856 times)

Offline patfrey0204

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • patfrey0204 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S-Plus Model B5136CIW bet one credit button problem
« on: June 15, 2017, 03:09:06 PM »
My first post/question.
I have a S-Plus slot model B5136CIW 10/93. The problem is when I push the bet one credit button it will always register 2 coins unless I tap the button real fast then it will work about 20% of the time, around the same time this started the DBV (145) stopped working and the bezel light is not on. I have traded out the button switch with another one with no change. Is there a relay on the MPU I should look at?

Thank you
PMF

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S-Plus Model B5136CIW bet one credit button problem
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 05:05:18 PM »
My first post/question.
I have a S-Plus slot model B5136CIW 10/93. The problem is when I push the bet one credit button it will always register 2 coins unless I tap the button real fast then it will work about 20% of the time, around the same time this started the DBV (145) stopped working and the bezel light is not on. I have traded out the button switch with another one with no change. Is there a relay on the MPU I should look at?

Thank you
PMF

Welcome to NLG Pat.
 Weird problem. When you changed out the button housing, did you change out the spring also? I'm trying to think of something simple that would cause the button to stick. If it has the wrong spring......maybe. Can you post a picture of the panel to show us the button? Is this a 2 or 3 coin game?

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 06:09:23 PM »
It's possible that the button it's self is sticking. You might want to try taking the button apart and clean the inside. Dirt, pop, or booze gets inside and it will cause it to not spring back. Check the spring rate of your stick button to your other ones.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline patfrey0204

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 10:04:49 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply. I removed and cleaned the button, cleaned the micro switch just in case and checked movement of plunger, seems to be okay. One thing I did notice is that a few times I have noticed that there is a 0 momentarily in the coins in display before it shows a 1. Could this be a ground problem?  I have had this machine since 2002 with only a few issues with the DBV. The slot has had a lot of play recently (49,357) Pic, attached

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 12:52:42 AM »
Are you able to take a brief video showing the problem behavior and upload it to YouTube so we can see what's happening?  That may help us diagnose the issue from afar.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 07:04:22 AM »
My first post/question.

Thank you
PMF

Welcome to NLG -  :wave:

There is no relay on the mpu for this. And I don't think the button problem would be related to the bill validator problem. Did you recently do a CLEAR process and that is what disabled the bill validator? I'm not recommending you do a CLEAR, just wanted to see if it has been done? The DBV-145 gets its power from a black power supply module mounted near the DBV-145, just to the left of it I think. You could press the white TEST button inside the machine and go to the menu option to make sure the bill validator is enabled, I think it is menu option 9, should be set to 9-1, someone will correct me if I'm not remembering this right.

The microswitch underneath the pushbutton is usually the problem, or the button pieces above the microswitch such as spring, button housing, etc. But if you've swapped all of that then that would seem to eliminate the pushbutton parts. Were the wires connected to the pushbutton microswitch connected solidly/firmly? If one is loose it might be intermittent enough to do something like this.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline patfrey0204

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 09:53:35 PM »
Thank you very much for the welcome to NLG.
I think I have the Bill Validator figured out, it looks like the max credits are set at 6290 so when I got the credits down to that level the DBV came back to life. The problem is before I could check the button I hit for 2000 more credits and have been trying to get back to that point for three days.
I have not run a clear chip on this machine only a set chip for the DBV after a game change.
I double checked the push on connectors and they are tight, I also pulled the micro switch and checked it with a DVM and all looks good. I am hoping that when I get the credits back down to the lower limit there may be a change in the credits played issue due to voltage or a ground issue associated with the lock out of the DBV.
I do have a question about the limit switch. When the bet one credit switch is activated is there constant voltage thru the switch and if so what should the voltage be? I can push and hold the button and the coins played will go from 2 to 3 without letting up on the button.
Last month I stopped in at NLG to get a used transport. The old one had dried up belts. Joey was a lot of help on a couple of machines I have. Going back next month 8 hour drive.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 10:40:20 PM »
That doesn't sound like correct operation but others here will say for sure about it. Have you recently pulled out the mpu board and taken a good look at it? When a machine is doing oddball things it is sometimes because of battery leakage or beverage spill or water contamination/corrosion to the mpu board. Look in the area of the battery and nearby, see if there is any stuff on the circuit board. Post a photo of your mpu board and we can examine it also. The mpu board plugs into the motherboard, that's the interconnect board that mounts horizontal on the floor of the lower area where the hopper is. You can remove the hopper to take a look at the motherboard.

My understanding is that the player pushbuttons are connected in series, when you press a button that voltage that goes thru the switch to the signal wire for that particular button is constant while the button is pressed. Also, pressing a button removes the voltage from the other buttons downstream of the button being pressed.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Shaggy

• Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 04:59:06 AM »
Pat why don't you go in and set the machine credits to 9999? You'll probably have to clear the credits to make a change. If your machine is set to pay out coins, set the hopper limit down to a few quarters and cash out. I have mine set at 20. When it cashes out and pays 20, it stops and the machine signals a hand pay. Turn the reset key and it will clear the cash out. Afterwards you can set the hopper to whatever you want it to pay out before it goes to a hand pay. Now if you can't change the settings without doing a payout first you may have to add coins until the payout is done. I have had credits on a machine and swapped boards from another machine, cleared the 61, then swapped them back and it erases the credits.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline patfrey0204

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 07:48:46 AM »
Hey Guys,
Thank you for all of the help. I finally got the credits down below the 6290 limit and low and behold both issues went away. The bet one credit button and the DBV both work as usual. A couple of months ago I changed the battery but all went well.

This is one issue that I will have to remember. I don't have a copy of the bet one credit circuit so the problem will be hard to figure out. I doubt that it could be a software bug.

When I finally get the credits down to zero I plan on changing the hopper pay to under 100.

Pat.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 10:41:26 AM »
The DBV not working when you exceeded the credit limit makes sense. The machine won't let you insert a bill if that would add credits that would put you over the credit limit, that's what the credit limit does, it sets a max level for credits to accrue. So the DBV went inop during that time, but it wasn't truly disabled permanently

But the bet one credit button giving 2 credits when you held it down doesn't make sense to me. But glad it is working ok now.

Offline patfrey0204

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 04:40:12 PM »
I am with you on the credit button, I can only assume that there is a voltage issue during the DBV lockout that causes either a low/high voltage or a crossover that gaps the feed to that trace. I would love to see both circuits on paper.

Thanks again
Pat.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 08:04:14 PM »
I think there are service manuals and circuit drawings for the IGT S+ machine in the NLG download area. Access to it is reserved for NLG members that have made some type of donation to NLG, big or small. If you'd like to make a donation to help the NLG website there is info about doing that on the HomePage, look on the left side of the page about halfway down:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php

Below is a screenshot showing 3 files in the S+ download area:

Offline patfrey0204

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2017, 05:10:51 PM »
Thank you for the information on the downloads. I plan on being in Bullhead City on the 9th, I hope I can donate in person, this may be one of my best investments in awhile. I saw the first name on the list of contributors as Marshall Fey I met him back in the early 80's when the Liberty Bell was still in Reno. He showed me a lot of Grandpas old equipment in the attic. Great Guy.

Thanks Pat Frey

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2017, 04:19:40 AM »
There are lots of S+ machines that holding the Bet 1 will advance thru highest bet. Others have to be pushed each time. Must be SP chip
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal