New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ burnt component Q-5 and Q-6 on the mpu board  (Read 8906 times)

Offline Cashen87

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Cashen87 Is working their way up.Cashen87 Is working their way up.Cashen87 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: IGT S+ burnt component on mpu board
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2017, 11:21:48 AM »
Where can I found this part number on the light blub's? So this is the problem on my board since the light blub's are wrong and cause the burning/ melting issue...?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2017, 11:43:06 AM »
How in the world could I know that - I'm not there to look at what bulbs are in your machine?   :Scratch-Head:

It is something you have to check. You understand that we give advice and ideas, then you do the checking? The bulbs sometimes have a number printed on them. Post a photo of your pushbutton bulbs, maybe someone can id them to say if they are correct or not.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Cashen87

• Cashen87 Is working their way up.Cashen87 Is working their way up.Cashen87 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2017, 11:56:27 AM »
Understand that. I take pitchers tomorrow and post it the light blub's and the pushbuttons  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline Cashen87

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2017, 02:36:32 AM »
I have now checked the bulb's on the pushbuttons.  All Buttons have JKL #259. I also checked the bulb's on the display board. The coin accepted have JKL #86 bulb. But the insert coin and the 25 cent window have different sice on the bulb's. (see pitchur).
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 02:59:07 AM by Cashen87 »

Offline Cashen87

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2017, 02:42:04 AM »
Display board blub's different sice

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: IGT S+ burnt component Q-5 and Q-6 on the mpu board
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2017, 07:11:25 AM »
Display board blub's different sice
I think the #86 bulbs are 6.3 volt bulbs. The #259 bulbs are also 6.3 volts but are a higher wattage bulb, which means more amps and more heat. Others here will know if the #86 and #259 bulbs are correct for your machine, so watch for replies about that. I can't see any writing on the unknown bulbs, they are darkened, not sure if that is normal, but I'd leave them out of the machine for now.

All of these bulbs are called "wedge" style bulbs due to the shape of the bulb base that plugs into the socket. You can see that the bulb wire leads come out of the bottom of the bulb and are bent up to one side of the bulb base. When the bulb is pushed into the socket the wire makes contact with the socket. Sometimes the bulb wire leads get bent or twisted and can short things out, but these look ok.

Keep in mind that the idea your burned mpu board parts could have been damaged by wrong bulbs was just one suggestion to check, a shorted or pinched wire can do it also.

It would be helpful if you would answer the questions I had in reply #12 earlier in this thread, see below:

.....What is the history on this machine, have you had it for a while and all was working ok until this happened? Or did you just get the machine and do not know if it has other problems? .....

The more information you provide the more likely you will get advice and help.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 07:27:10 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Cashen87

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2017, 07:48:26 AM »
I don't have any problems on the machine or error codes when i got it...I have had this machine now in 2 months. Everything works fine when I got it. Non burn mark on the mpu board before now. The early owner told me hi got this machine from a ferry some traficking from Amsterdam to New York... that are all I know...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 08:21:06 AM by Cashen87 »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2017, 08:35:01 AM »
I don't have any problems on the machine or error codes when i got it...I have had this machine now in 2 months. Everything works fine when I got it. Non burn mark on the mpu board before now. The early owner told me hi got this machine from a ferry some traficking from Amsterdam to New York... that are all I know...

ok, that is good to know. If it has been working for 2 months, you have been playing it for 2 months and all was ok, then to me that means the bulbs are probably the right ones because if they were wrong they would have caused this problem the first time you turned the machine on. Unless you just replaced the bulbs recently and then this happened. But you said they only thing you have done is to replace the TEST switch. Did you look at your work on the TEST switch, make sure there is no bare wire touching metal chassis or other thing that is incorrect? Can you post a photo of the TEST switch area, maybe we can see something for you to check.

You have other machines that are similar to this one? If so you can compare how the wiring goes from the machine main cabinet to the door, look at how the wires are routed, make sure none are pinched or have the insulation scraped off.

Offline Cashen87

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2017, 09:13:41 AM »
Thats correct. I removed the old test Button to replace a new one because the old one was defect. I solder new test Button like the old one... non wire touching the cabint or the metal. I used crimp plast over the wire on the new self test button connection... I have removed the wrong blub's from the display board...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2017, 09:22:50 AM »
ok, sounds like you did a good job on the TEST switch replacement.

Those bulbs from the display board  that look darkened, you can't see any marking or number on them? It would be good to carefully inspect the display circuit board itself on both sides of the board, look for any burned places or short circuits. Give it a very good visual inspection. When you remove the display board for inspection post photos of it, front and back side views.

If you have another mpu board or can take one from a similar machine you can try it to see if this machine is ok with those bulbs removed.

WARNING- if this machine still has a problem the same thing could happen to the next mpu board you install.

Offline Cashen87

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2017, 09:37:48 AM »
Okey... I want to checked that latter when i comming home... I will check the display board and take a good look on it...

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2017, 10:23:03 AM »
Those bulbs look normal to me. They tend to turn black like that after many hours of use.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2017, 10:32:11 AM »
thanks, any ideas on what could be causing the burned parts on mpu board other than pinched wires and shorted/wrong bulbs? From what I saw in a drawing it looked like Q5 and Q6 are connected to pushbutton bulbs.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2017, 11:00:17 AM »
Just my thoughts could be that age of the board and components. Light bulbs can go bad and short out as they blow up. If the machine has the correct bulbs install, then I wouldn't think they are the problem, but it doesn't mean that there is not a short some where or a bad light socket on the door. If I remember from a earlier S+ post that the wrong color small bulb sockets could cause a short to ground. They were a grey or white in color? But don't quote me on this. I just remember something about small bulb sockets on here a while back.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2017, 12:00:08 PM »
I sorta remember that about the different colored sockets. Seems like it was related to when folks want to install LED bulbs. Some styles of LED's have leads that fold and run over to the other side so they are on both sides of the bulb base, other styles have the leads only on one side. Earlier in this thread I thought that might be where his problem came from, by installing the wrong style LED's to his machine.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2017, 12:11:58 PM »
I sorta remember that about the different colored sockets. Seems like it was related to when folks want to install LED bulbs. Some styles of LED's have leads that fold and run over to the other side so they are on both sides of the bulb base, other styles have the leads only on one side. Earlier in this thread I thought that might be where his problem came from, by installing the wrong style LED's to his machine.
I think your right about it being about sockets and LED bulbs. If no short is found, I'd lean toward electronics fatigue.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 04:24:09 PM by shortrackskater »
And remember...

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 265
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2017, 04:55:33 PM »
rokgpsman and amechanic:
Here's the schematic showing the function of Q5 and Q6, relating to the "door open" and "insert coin" lamps. Both are common to RP 7 so maybe that resistor pack just went bad?
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2017, 07:25:01 PM »
Possibly. But he said and it looked like on his photo that Q5 and Q6 had burned, so I thought that discoloration on the resistor pack (yellow chip) was smoke residue from Q5 and Q6. But if I was replacing Q5 and Q6 I'd go ahead and replace resistor pack  RP7 too. Q5 and Q6 are connected to lamps so I was wanting to make sure the bulbs were the right ones and that the wires running to them were not pinched, didn't want him to install another mpu and have it burn up also.

Are those lamps that Q5 and Q6 control located on the display board on inside of door, or are they just mounted in the door in a individual lamp holder?

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 265
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2017, 08:27:31 PM »
Q5 goes to the display board. I'm not sure where Q6 goes?  The two things that change when the door is opened is the lower candle light flashes and the coins played light goes to 0.
Where's Stayouttadabunker and Roz when we need 'em?
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Cashen87

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2017, 09:18:48 AM »
So if i don't take wrong, so are the display board some make this issue on the mpu board?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal