New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S6000 sound question  (Read 2242 times)

Offline SoCalAdam

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • SoCalAdam New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S6000 sound question
« on: July 07, 2017, 10:59:57 PM »
Hello,

I have a S6000 Cash Wheel made in 2005.
I am only getting sound out of the left speaker nothing at all out of the right speaker.
have tested the right speaker with my multimeter and I am reading 4 Ohms I have also tested it with an Audio source and the speaker is fine.
also tried another sound card and get the same results no sound from the right speaker.

I am starting to wonder if this is normal for the game to only have sound on the left side.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: S6000 sound question
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 06:38:52 AM »
What about the wiring that goes from the sound card to the right-side speaker? Since you have an audio source (audio generator?) you can connect it to the wires at the sound card output that go to the right-side speaker and verify that the wires do get connected to the speaker. Or follow the wires back from the right-side speaker to see where they go and that they eventually get connected to the sound card.

I'm not expert on the Bally S6000 but I wouldn't think they would have a game that only used the left speaker.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 07:32:31 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 06:51:47 AM »
Is there a mono/stereo audio setting on the S6000?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 07:45:57 AM »
There is a preference/option setting #68 that selects if the Sound is from an internal device (mpu?) or if the sound is from a sound card. Perhaps the sound card is an option to give stereo sound and the internal device setting would only give mono sound to left speaker? Something to check if the wiring to the right-side speaker is good.

(click image to enlarge)

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 08:21:53 AM »
Here is a drawing showing how the S6000 speakers are connected to the deluxe sound card. It shows that the machine has 3 speakers? Two of the speakers are for the left sound channel, they are connected in series. Something I read said the left channel speakers are mounted in upper left and upper right area of the machine. Not sure this information is for your particular S6000, there are variations to the models.

(click image to enlarge)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 08:50:24 AM »
After some more digging I think that Bally made 2 different sound boards. One is mono only, it is called Deluxe Sound board p/n AS-03356-0362.  The better sound board is called Pro Sound Board 2, p/n AS03356-0512 and it has stereo out to left and right channel speakers.

But appears from what I read that the machine has 2 speakers in the upper area (upper left and upper right) and they are both connected to the left channel so both should have sound no matter which sound card you have. The Pro Sound board would add sound to the 3rd speaker which is connected to the optional right channel that the Pro Sound board adds to the machine.

So, when you say you don't have sound out of the right side speaker do you mean the speaker in the upper-right area of machine? Or do you mean the actual right channel speaker?

I'd pull the sound board and take a look at its part number to see if the machine has left and right channel sound. But as I said, the 2 speakers in the upper area should always have sound (from the left audio channel) no matter which sound card you have.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2017, 09:02:15 AM »
Sounds like if you needed to you could just wire the not working speaker to the working one. Unless you're not hearing some sounds that only come from the not working channel then you should be good to go. No worries about over-driving the amp because the sound isn't turned very high anyway

Offline SoCalAdam

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 03:37:05 PM »
Thank You for the replies,

My sound card is the AS-03356-0512, the speaker that is not working is in the upper right area of the machine.
I have an extra wiring harness and after reading your posts and taking a look at it I do see that there are 3 sets of speaker connections one if them is wired in series.

I need to get into the machine and see how everything is connected.
However I don't think the speaker in the bottom is working either so that would make sense if the bottom speaker is dead and it's wired in series with the top right.
I had thought that the bottom speaker wasn't in use with the prosound but now I need to investigate to see if it is creating the problem.
checked option 68 and confirmed it is set as 0001.

Offline SoCalAdam

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 03:48:37 PM »
Well,

Found the problem.
The bottom speaker had one wire slightly off.
Not sure how it got like that but as soon as I connected it everything started working as it should I now have sound on all 3 speakers.

Thanks Again.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2017, 08:39:25 PM »
Good to hear you got it working. Would you mind posting a photo or two of your machine with it powered up? I haven't seen one like it. Thanks!

Offline SoCalAdam

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2017, 09:58:40 AM »
Here are a couple of pics, machine is 7' tall hard to get a good shot.
Basically the same thing as a Monte Carlo.

Offline SoCalAdam

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2017, 10:03:14 AM »
Has a progressive display on it too but it's been gutted.
That's my next project just waiting for the parts to arrive.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2017, 10:13:11 AM »
Wow - that is tall! Thanks for the photos.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal