New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: DBV not accepting bills  (Read 5603 times)

Offline Crash0

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Crash0 New User barely matters.Crash0 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
DBV not accepting bills
« on: October 03, 2017, 04:10:11 PM »
I am working on a Slant top and the Bill Validator will not even attempt to accept bills, I have gone through the machine, Mother Board and MPU have been replaced, fresh battery, cleared and set, DBV activated, and all settings done. The machine and DBV all cycle properly, but no matter what I do, check or fix, the DBV just will not even attempt to take a bill.
My question is the bezel for the DBV does not appear to be working, does not light up. Would this be why it will not accept  bills?
I am including a couple of pics of the board. If this is why I will need to find a replacement. A 145 was in the machine and it did work, but I have put a working 200 in and it has the proper power supply(Vented)
AD/HD Highwa....Oh hey look squirrel!!

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: DBV not accepting bills
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 05:21:00 PM »
Was the 200 head updated AND calibrated properly?
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Crash0

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 05:27:12 PM »
The 200 head came out of a working machine, had no issues with it

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 06:29:57 PM »
The 200 head is considered universal and a DIP switch change is all that is necessary to make it work on a poker verses a slot machine.
Which one is your slant top?
The 145 head has machine specific software, in the form of a dedicated chip, to work on a poker or a slot takes a different chip.

Offline Crash0

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 06:45:59 PM »
It is a slot machine, 5x pay using sp1271

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 07:12:29 PM »
It is a slot machine, 5x pay using sp1271

SP1271 uses ID-023 for the bill validator, make sure the DBV-200 has ID-023 software. The machine that it came out of might have a different SP chip and use ID-022. There may be a dipswitch on the bottom of the DBV-200 so you can select either ID-022 or -023.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Crash0

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 07:14:39 PM »
I think I have tried that, but i'll check again

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 07:17:50 PM »
Also make sure that Setup Menu 7.5 is not set to zero. That is the bill validator credit limit, usually set to the same amount as step 7.3 (credit limit).

Here's your SP1271 document:
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Crash0

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 07:27:26 PM »
The dip switch was off (set to ID-023) I switched it on to try ID-022, no change. The bill limit is set to 3k, double checked validator, it is turned on in settings.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 01:21:30 AM »
My question is the bezel for the DBV does not appear to be working, does not light up. Would this be why it will not accept  bills?

The bezel light could be broken and the machine wouldn't care -- it would still accept bills regardless. In your case, I think the bezel light being out is a symptom of the problem; that the bill validator isn't ready to accept a bill.

Is there a stacker box ("cash can") properly inserted and seated?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Crash0

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2017, 02:31:37 AM »
I did think of that, I tried several other cash cans from my working machines, The result has been the same in each case.
Remove and reseat, Unit cycles normally
Remove and replace, Unit cycles normally
No change from original condition.
I have been :banghead: over a week on this.
I know the validator worked before on this machine, we just took it out of the game room to make more room for other machines about 6-7 months ago.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2017, 04:13:56 AM »
just some ideas, you've probably been over these but just in case,,,

Since you did a ram CLEAR process is there a setting in the Test/Setup menu that was changed by the CLEAR that affects the bill validator? Is there an engage lever on the side of the BV that is pushed firmly downward? Are the security switches around the bill validator and cash can bypassed (wires removed and twisted together)? If the cash can has a hole thru it and uses an optical security setup are those optics working ok?

If the BV won't even pull in a bill I think that is a clue. Even if it is enabled by the SET chip something else is telling it to not accept bills.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2017, 05:56:22 AM »
Is there a switch on the door that you open to get to the cash can?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2017, 07:27:35 AM »
The unit will always cycle when power is first applied, even if it is not enabled by the 9_1 setting.  Did you set the denomination value when you enabled the bill unit?  there is a cherry switch that will sense when the bill unit door is closed.  if everything is as you described, then I would trace the wiring that goes back to the motherboard, make sure it is plugged into the right connector, if that is good, I would replace the power supply unit with the one from the working 145 unit, just temporary, there are two functions to the power supply, two boards inside the housing,  one is to provide 12vdc to the bill unit and the other is to provide an interface to talk to the cpu, I have seen this board go bad.

Jim 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Crash0

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2017, 08:21:43 AM »
I have tried a couple of other power supplies, same result. The denom is set to .25. cherry switch is hooked up and working.
When I changed the motherboard, I inspected the connectors and pins, all appear to be ok, and plugged back into its proper slots.
I have also checked connections to Power supplies, as well as door switches main and cash.
As far as the cash can optic, I am not sure. How would I test this?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2017, 08:47:10 AM »
If your machine uses optics on the cash can they work similar to how the door optics work. One side is the infrared transmitter, the other side is the receiver. It is also like the infrared security setup at the bottom of a garage door. If the beam of light is blocked or unblocked the machine knows the cash can has been removed or is installed. The optics are aligned so they can "see" each other. Does your machine have this type of security setup? Some just use a switch instead, and when the cash can is inserted properly the switch activates.

One way to test the optics is to swap them out with good parts. Some say you can see the infrared light from the optic transmitter with a camera, the optic's emitted light will glow and you can see it while looking thru the camera. You can also inspect the optic parts to see if a wire is broken or if they are misaligned and no longer pointing to each other.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2017, 10:14:08 AM »
You can test the bezel light and also maybe get a hint as to where the issue is with one of the self-test options.  Page 2 option 26 is the bill validator output test.  It's been quite a while since I've used that, but if I recall correctly the bezel lights up and the validator may be active to accept a bill during that test (I really don't know that last part for sure, though).  If it tries to accept a bill when that test is active, it would point to something in the software configuration.

As far as the bill credit limit, you told us that was set high enough.  What about the regular credit limit?  What is that set to?  Also, for kicks, I'd set the hopper limit to something decent right now, too.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2017, 10:35:31 AM »
to test the cash can optics, just remove the cash can, if the optics are working, it will start to cycle, probably around twelve times, looking for and trying to reset the cash can.  if it doesn't do this then something isn't right.

input test # 27 will turn on the bezel lamps and usually it will accept a bill, hold it , then return it. 

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Crash0

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2017, 10:45:56 AM »
Ok with the cash can removed, it did cycle numerous times.
Input test validator did take bill and then returned it, did not hold it long.
Output test Bezel working

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2017, 12:23:24 PM »
may as well check the head, this is the stand alone test, use the machine and black power supply for a power source only.  unplug the connector on the right side of the 200 head, turn switch #6( second bank of switches)  on,  now apply power, turn #6 off, unit should cycle briefly, now you can insert bills into the head, it should accept them and spit them out the back. ( this is a good way to determine what bills it will take and get an idea of how the unit is flashed or what version the eprom is.  if the head works, then maybe switch # 10 on the first bank of switches is not properly set, maybe it looks right physically, but electrically it could be different.  switch 10 off is IDO 023,   on is IDO 022. 

Jim

Signature:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal