New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Netplex link down and connector nightmare  (Read 6309 times)

Offline BelleRouge

• Ms. Up to no good
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • BelleRouge New User has no influence.
  • Learning never ceases
Netplex link down and connector nightmare
« on: October 18, 2017, 07:28:57 AM »
Hi.... total newbie at slots but have many years experience of other computers and electrical components. I am working on an S2000 Double Gold for a good friend of mine who inherited it from his brothers passing. He couldn't power it up so he brought it to me (power cord would have been helpful, luckily I had one). I lurked and read as much as I could before attempting to troubleshoot it once I got it powered. It powered off fine but came up with the netplex error. Turned machine back off, pulled mpu. Extensive Varta damage. Ordered new board and power supply just to be safe and have a back up supply if need be. It was very obvious that he or someone else had unplugged the connectors.... all of them at one time or another as they were taped tagged and a piece of paper was inside the machine handwritten on where most all of them should go. Got the new board in loaded it up with the old power supply same issue, new power supply doesn't change it either.

The error shows The Display Netplex Link is down. I followed the wiring around and it is plugged into the Netplex 2 on the lowest power distribution panel. Since I don't know where they were originally plugged into I don't know if that is correct or if that is the problem.

If anyone could walk me through this I appreciate it. He also wants it to be setup for coins. I have already gotten the hopper and bracket, the coin head assembly with the comparitor and a 31 chip but obviously must tackle this netplex first. Thank you so much in advance!

Brandy

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Netplex link down and connector nightmare
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 08:27:39 AM »
 :NLG_WELCOME:
Please post a picture of your MPU board.
Is it a 500 series or 1270 enhanced?
We should be able to get you up and running.

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline BelleRouge

• Ms. Up to no good
  • Learning never ceases
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 12:31:12 PM »
Here is the mpu numbers

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 01:14:09 PM »
I can't tell but is there a varta battery on this board?

If you want to post pics of the connectors we can look at that too.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 01:36:01 PM »
Picture of the entire board so we can see if something is out of place.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 01:42:29 PM »
That's a 1270 board. Chances are the varta battery is dead and this is causing your netplex error. The good news is the Varta can be removed but you will have to also remove the regulator chip at u16. They are not needed for home use.
See link for details.
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=7931.0

Offline BelleRouge

• Ms. Up to no good
  • Learning never ceases
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 01:49:51 PM »
Here are the pics
1 with the daughter board
1 without
1 showing the varta up close

[size=78%] One of the back of the display pic there is one connector slot open and I don't know if it need to be filled.[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]One of the lower power  distribution board[/size]

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 02:08:50 PM »
Nothing needs to be plugged into the display it is OK as is.
Since that is your replacement board and the Varta looks pretty good it may just need to charge up a little.
Go ahead and install the MPU turn the machine on an leave it on for an hour or so then cycle the on off switch and see if it comes up.
I would also modify your old board by removing the old Varta and carefully snip the three legs of the U16 chip carefully the bend the chip until the chip snaps off. If the board is not too damaged from battery leakage it may be a good spare.

The last plug shown may or may not need to be plugged in you need to see where the wires lead. Chances are it's OK as is.

Offline BelleRouge

• Ms. Up to no good
  • Learning never ceases
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 02:32:26 PM »
I did power it up and let it sit for about 2 hours last night before posting and no change.... should I do it longer?

The other board was toast in that area.....worst damage to a  board I have personally ever laid eyes on.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 02:39:10 PM »
The last plug shown may or may not need to be plugged in you need to see where the wires lead. Chances are it's OK as is.

That harness is for the back lite reels .. no controller board for it to plug into. No effect on machine booting up.

Two hours is long enough.

Practice on the old board .. I pull the battery back towards the edge of the board, slide a pick in between the battery and tab, there are two spots that are spot welded, I break one at a time, bend tab back and forth until it breaks, then the other side I hold the battery and bend it back and forth until it breaks. It could work once U 16 is out.

Like qbert mentions .. snip the three legs then lift and bend back and forth

Offline BelleRouge

• Ms. Up to no good
  • Learning never ceases
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 05:42:32 PM »
Yay for small victories. Varta and u16 gone and it booted up and after 4 turns of the key it now says Please close the main door but the main door is closed. The optics appear to be in line. Any advice for that?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 06:04:21 PM »
The machine has been moved from it's original location.  The cases on the S2000s are flimsy at best I still think optic alignment is the issue. Try lifting the door handle about an 1/8 of an inch and see what happens.
Is the belly door switch bypassed if not make sure the belly glass door fully closed.

Offline BelleRouge

• Ms. Up to no good
  • Learning never ceases
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2017, 07:11:57 PM »
Belly door is bypass. I tried the handle and still can get it to show closed.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 09:21:57 AM »
Make sure the latch goes all the way down also.
Best way to align door optics is to open the door, put the latch all the way down. Then put a piece of masking tape on the outside of the door and draw a horizontal line indicating where the optic is located. Take another piece of masking tape and place it on the case outside where the optics are, close the door put the latch all the way down and extend the line you put on the door across to the tape on the case.
Open the door and move the optic in the case to match where the line is that you put on the outside of the case.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2017, 12:39:48 PM »
there is also a way to make sure the machine is actually producing a optic signal, or if the cpu is actually seeing it.  get into the test mode, (open door, press the button on the cpu near the LED lights) scroll down to machine tests section #4,Input tests,  processor tests, door optic test,  close and latch the door, if the 1 is changing back and forth to a 1 & 0 then the optics are working, if not, you can slowly raise the latch until you notice the change,  if no change, then something in the optics loop is bad. either bad optics themselves, wiring, or the board itself.  but, without the optics working , your machine will never work.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2017, 01:47:10 PM »
Probably can't get to those screens since machine can't fully boot.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2017, 01:54:11 PM »
Belly door is bypass. I tried the handle and still can get it to show closed.

Tie cash box door wires together too.

Offline BelleRouge

• Ms. Up to no good
  • Learning never ceases
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2017, 08:35:37 PM »
Still with the door error. So I decided to explore it all my connectors that need to be plugged in are plugged. Since someone has obviously tinkered with it already. 

The first couple connectors in question are in the attached photo and pertain to the cabinet I/O. The is a short 2 port connector wire colors are light green/grey and black and red.  The second question is is there something supposed to be connected on the other side of that I/O board.

Offline BelleRouge

• Ms. Up to no good
  • Learning never ceases
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2017, 08:37:30 PM »
Tie cash box door wires together too.

[/size]There were tied together already.[size=78%]
[/size]

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2017, 09:09:53 PM »
1)Normal for nothing going to the plug in question.
2)Plug in the I/O card is for back light reels if you don't have back light reels then nothing goes there.

Check your two optics for broken wires they are fragile and can break easily also make sure they are plugged in.
Optic in door wire colors are black and red. Optic wire colors in cabinet are red and white

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal