New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: code 62 1  (Read 3452 times)

Offline gmtransman

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • gmtransman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
code 62 1
« on: October 29, 2017, 01:09:35 PM »

:Scratch-Head: I have a s plus machine with a code 62 -1 from what I'm reading the real prom is bad. does this sound correct and if I  replace just the real chip do I need
to clear chip it. thanks

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: code 62 1
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 04:30:35 PM »
I'd first inspect closely your SS chip. Make sure it's seated in the socket. Sometimes they just get dirty and lose contact on one leg.
If you remove it, be VERY careful in doing so. It's easy to damage traces in the circuit board if you're not careful.
Let us know if you've never done this...
But first just make sure it's seated, then power the machine back up and see what happens.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 04:49:49 PM »

:Scratch-Head: I have a s plus machine with a code 62 -1 from what I'm reading the real prom is bad. does this sound correct and if I  replace just the real chip do I need
to clear chip it. thanks

Check what Shortrackskater said and make sure the chip is facing the correct way. The notch needs to face the same direction as the game chip.  If all is okay, you will likely need to replace the Reel (SS) chip. During a normal change of an SS Chip you don't need to do a clear. That being said, if you bought the machine like this, it's difficult to say. You may encounter the 61 error code after the change, and that can be cleared by pushing the test button for a few seconds until it "dings" or the display changes to 61-1. At 61-1 close and latch the door and turn the reset key one time. The displays should clear and then restart and spin the reels. Insert coin should come on and be ready to play. Let us know.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline gmtransman

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 06:07:07 PM »
thanks for the replies, I will check that out and see what I find. will reply back after I check it out. thanks again

Offline gmtransman

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 03:57:59 PM »
chip is in right and reseated chip and still get the code 62 1. so i need a ss3341 chip i think

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 05:10:18 PM »
chip is in right and reseated chip and still get the code 62 1. so i need a ss3341 chip i think

You can post a Want To Buy message right here in this thread saying that you need an SS3341 chip. Someone on the NLG staff will move your WTB over to the Classified Ads area for you so it will get more people seeing it. There could be someone here on NLG that has it for sale. If not, you can try contacting this place (link below), I haven't personally bought from them or know them but they do a lot of replacement eprom/chip business for your model of machine. You can order from their website or can use their "Contact Us" form to ask if they have the SS3341 chip.

http://www.jjslots.com/S-Plus-Reel-SS-Chip-splusSS.htm

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline gmtransman

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 09:28:01 PM »
ordered one at jj slots will let you know if it fixes it.

Offline gmtransman

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 06:05:17 PM »
ok i replaced the reel chip and still get code 62  1  any idea what to do next.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 06:28:06 PM »
Have you tried pressing the test button to see what happens?
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline gmtransman

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 09:21:39 PM »
i pressed the test button and held the test button, still get the code. if i just press the button and release it i can go thru all the adjustments.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 09:41:30 PM »
Try powering off. Then power on, wait for code. Then press and hold test button til you get code 62. Then close the door and turn the reset key once.
Then see what code you get. It should be 61 1
Repeat this procedure and it might clear. Let us know.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 09:46:08 PM »
Can you post a picture of your MPU Board.. Maybe we can see something your not seeing..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline gmtransman

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 01:07:23 PM »
i have tried  every thing  i am thinking a clear might do it. i sent some pics, but im sure every thing is installed correct

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 01:32:38 PM »
Prior to this happening was the machine working ok for you, or was it this way when you got it? Was any other work done, such as changing the SS or SP (reel and game) eproms? If you or someone else "made" your own SP or SS chips they might have used eproms that are too slow. Although this isn't likely since it is an older style 10 mhz mpu board.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 01:35:58 PM »
Post a picture of the error display please.

the rockin elvis

Offline gmtransman

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2017, 02:25:57 PM »

I have had this game for a couple years now, always worked until the code came up.

Offline gmtransman

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2017, 02:29:49 PM »
cant get the pic to upload put in the winner paid it has 62 and coins played has a 1 in it

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2017, 02:46:30 PM »
We have a bingo. 62_1 would be 62 winner paid and 1 in credit. I suspect maybe door issue. Maybe only optics not lining up. These doors sag. What you are seeing is 62 paid and 1 coin played.

the rockin elvis

Offline gmtransman

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2017, 02:53:49 PM »

ok I will check that out , so no error just winner and coin played. is there a easy way to make sure the door optics are working,
so if I had a error where would the error numbers be, what window. thank you

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2017, 03:06:12 PM »
Winner paid and credit. When you turn it on, are you getting the maiden reels spin from right to left? When you open and close the door, is the display going blank then coming back on? With the door OPEN find the pseudo credit button on the bottom of the coin comparator. push that button a couple times and push spin button with door open. Let us know what happens.

the rockin elvis

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal