New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Sigma PT-4B buttons work intermittently  (Read 1245 times)

Offline Caliwebman

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Caliwebman New User has no influence.
    • Spiritual Evolution
Sigma PT-4B buttons work intermittently
« on: December 28, 2017, 02:25:10 AM »
Hi all, On my Sigma Patriot Plus we have noticed that the block of buttons that include  the three buttons labeled pay out, one bet and start are working intermittently, and there seems to be no pattern to why they work and when they work. I happen to notice that at times if you are not press on the one bet button while the reels are cycling that the buttons may have a higher percentage of working after doing so. Can anyone help me understand why this is and/or how I might further troubleshoot to determine what might need to be replaced? Or perhaps there is a more simple fix?

Much appreciated!

Scott

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Sigma PT-4B buttons work intermittently
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 11:33:25 AM »
I don't know about your machine but a lot of times the buttons are wired in a sequence so that each one gets wired from the next one to it. When that is done each button that isn't being pressed passes the connection down to the next button, then the next button etc.

So if one button is bad the others down the line from it won't work. The button can be bad in either the pressed or the not-pressed position. Also, have you taken a careful look at the button wiring, made sure there isn't a flaky connection with the wiring? If the wires look ok then you might want to see if the button switch for the button on the "upstream" end of the row of buttons that are acting up is intermittent. When playing and a button doesn't work you can try pressing one of the nearby buttons to see if that has an effect. If so that can help to narrow down where the problem is. The problem could be elsewhere (like a bad wiring harness connector) but hopefully it is either a crummy button wire connection or button switch contacts.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 03:51:45 PM »
Scott,  the switches form a series circuit,  each button has a switch on it, three posts, common (com)  nc Normally closed  and  no  normally open.  the circuit starts with the "START" button,  a ground is placed on the common terminal of the start switch, leaves that switch on the NC terminal over to the max bet common terminal, leaves that switch on the NC terminal over to the common terminal on the bet 1 switch, leaves that switch on the NC terminal to the payout switch common terminal and leaves that switch on the NC terminal to a connector.

you have to determine which switch or switches are intermittent, only way is with a meter, set on ohms scale, check common to NC ,zero ohms,  press switch button, measure from common to NO, zero ohms,  if you get any high resistance readings , then that switch is defective. 

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Caliwebman

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Caliwebman New User has no influence.
    • Spiritual Evolution
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 01:43:22 AM »
Thanks again guys! Was able to narrow it down to being an intermittent problem with the bet one button and in taking an even closer look at the workings found that that button switch was not fully pushed up into the actually button and so the contact point would not depress fully at times. I pushed it up into the button with minimal force and heard a little "click" and saw that the contact point was much tighter; and vwala! Thank you guys... I'd be lost without y'all!

My Best,

Scott

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal