New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Top Dollar aux dot matrix hardware error.  (Read 3684 times)

Offline Haywire Slots

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Haywire Slots Is working their way up.Haywire Slots Is working their way up.Haywire Slots Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Haywire Slot Machines of Houston
Top Dollar aux dot matrix hardware error.
« on: February 15, 2018, 03:34:58 PM »
Get this error on a 5 reel top dollar, sb100901, gme 1& 2 535's. Game plays fine, bonus round runs perfect. As soon as bonus round is complete it starts counting out your credits & locks up once it reaches 29 in the winner paid window. Tried a couple displays with same results.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Top Dollar aux dot matrix hardware error.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 05:44:18 PM »
Is that dot matrix error referring to the printer in the machine?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Haywire Slots

• Haywire Slots Is working their way up.Haywire Slots Is working their way up.Haywire Slots Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 07:23:02 AM »
Is that dot matrix error referring to the printer in the machine?
Printer is not enabled, will try disconnecting it though.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 07:24:21 AM »
Have you confirmed all limit settings are correct?

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 07:25:29 AM »
If no better ideas come up, you might try a clear and key chip on it. Check all cmos batteries and wire connections

Offline Haywire Slots

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 09:10:25 AM »
If no better ideas come up, you might try a clear and key chip on it. Check all cmos batteries and wire connections
have installed new batt, have cleared it a few times now for software changes(tried a few diff version chip types).no loose connections found.Also just noticed the credit per line display to the left of the reels is not formatted correctly.

Offline Haywire Slots

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 12:26:22 PM »
Update,
  Swapped out the entire led light display assembly from behind the top glass,installed a known working top dollar vac display(the one between the take or leave offer buttons). new battery on main board, new power supply, printer disconnected,has been cleared & setup several times now. Limits are all good. Still locks up on payout upon completion of the bonus game. display to the left of the display is still incorrect, it displays like the ac coin games(refer to pic). Getting ready to pitch this machine to the curb.. :banghead: :banghead:
   Any other suggestions?

Offline Haywire Slots

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 02:11:50 PM »
Changed the sb chip from a sb100901 to a sb101060. the credit per line display to the left of the reels is displaying correctly now. Still get the aux disp hardware error.... what are the chances of me having 3 bad aux vdf's?

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018, 04:42:11 PM »
Just found this on the old site...
But is your top display working properly? This may not be relevant then.

I am getting a dot matrix commination error code on my Barcrest Top Dollar so I guess I'm looking to buy a dot matrix display for my game. Anybody?
Had this Top Dollar with a blacked out top display. Did my homework, and replaced C2 & C3 (22uF 100V) caps in the top display box and it came right up. Problem solved. Not sure if this is the correct location for this reply but feel free to move it. Bill
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2018, 05:22:01 PM »
Jeff,  You probably know this but all aux vfd's for bonus games in the top box have a game specific flash on them.  Top dollar is one of the very few that will work on top dollar and double top dollar (automatically switches over on game change).  This I know on 3-reeler's -not the 5-reel version.  Also you see a pulse on the vfd when you turn it on-indicates power is there and display is on-many times it will say "NO-Data".  If it is just dead with nothing thing you need to try the cap trick-I did many back in the day.  The software has to jive with the aux vfd, The top box module also has a specific flash/chip in it as well.  Again I learned all this years ago cobbling stuff together with mis-match parts-etc.  Hope this helps shed a little light on your issues.  Also  You can take any aux vfd-esp if it was just removed from it's original working game and plug it into ANY S-2000 for power and it will momentarially display the game content-then go to "NO-Data". 

Offline Haywire Slots

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2018, 06:11:13 PM »
Jeff,  You probably know this but all aux vfd's for bonus games in the top box have a game specific flash on them.  Top dollar is one of the very few that will work on top dollar and double top dollar (automatically switches over on game change).  This I know on 3-reeler's -not the 5-reel version.  Also you see a pulse on the vfd when you turn it on-indicates power is there and display is on-many times it will say "NO-Data".  If it is just dead with nothing thing you need to try the cap trick-I did many back in the day.  The software has to jive with the aux vfd, The top box module also has a specific flash/chip in it as well.  Again I learned all this years ago cobbling stuff together with mis-match parts-etc.  Hope this helps shed a little light on your issues.  Also  You can take any aux vfd-esp if it was just removed from it's original working game and plug it into ANY S-2000 for power and it will momentarially display the game content-then go to "NO-Data".
Thank you, the 3 vfd's that I have all work flawlessly in the machine untill after you take an offer. It will display your win on the vfd, strart ringing up credits on the lower crefit meter, then go into the error. When I open & close the door to clear the code, the reels spin, the vfd loads, the lights in the top box flash on for a sec & go out. Aux error still. Put a clear & setup on the machine & it plays fine, the disp has all the correct TD stuff on it until after the bonus round.

Offline Haywire Slots

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2018, 06:13:04 PM »
Just found this on the old site...
But is your top display working properly? This may not be relevant then.

I am getting a dot matrix commination error code on my Barcrest Top Dollar so I guess I'm looking to buy a dot matrix display for my game. Anybody?
Had this Top Dollar with a blacked out top display. Did my homework, and replaced C2 & C3 (22uF 100V) caps in the top display box and it came right up. Problem solved. Not sure if this is the correct location for this reply but feel free to move it. Bill

saw that, was very helpful. I did recap 1 of the 3 vfd's that I have.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2018, 07:15:30 PM »
Out of curiosity,  Which button panel are you using?.  Not in picture, Nor whole machine.  Those 5-reeler's from my memory used a diff. set-up-Why I ask. Most of them were low denom-penny games. 

Offline Haywire Slots

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2018, 08:57:29 AM »
It has the standard 2 row panel like on most 5 reel games. It is multi demom with touchpad on the reel glass. Set up at 1, 2, 5, 10 cent.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2018, 02:09:01 PM »
If you have not figured this out I found my VFD log sheet and see something of interest.  A standard top/double top dollar 3-reel is VFD10014  A Top dollar 5-reel is VFD10035  This is more than likely your problem. 

Offline Haywire Slots

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2018, 02:52:26 PM »
If you have not figured this out I found my VFD log sheet and see something of interest.  A standard top/double top dollar 3-reel is VFD10014  A Top dollar 5-reel is VFD10035  This is more than likely your problem.
Thank you. I think your right. Do you know anyone that can flash them?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal