New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Re: CEI Video poker Programming Button Deck  (Read 9624 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: CEI Video poker Programming Button Deck
« on: July 28, 2014, 02:02:59 AM »
I think he's the one who repaired my CEI mpu board... it's been a few years but mine works great.

I kind of like its beeps tones while you play it. Can you explain how to do any of the programming or resets using the deck buttons? I read something about it in a couple old post.. I would think that there must be a manual some where for these?? I have bought PDF manuals before for other models like Sigma, but this ones like finding the good lottery numbers.. The one thing I see I don't like it that the screen adj pots are on the back of the chassis and not easy to get at without a chance of getting shocked.. 

Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Re: CEI Video poker Programming Button Deck
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 10:35:04 AM »
Which model is the one you're working on now? There should be a number on it. Mine was actually hand written on the front of the top deck.
I HAVE a manual - and I think it's for yours. I may be the only one with it. When I get home today, I'll pull it out and look for your information.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 02:50:07 PM »
I haven't noticed a model number.. I see a tag with a serial number and date made.. This one is from 1985. I'll have to look it over again. Is there any way you could have your manual converted to a PDF? I wonder if a store like Staples or another copier store would do it? I'd be willing to pay to have it done, if they would do it, or even have the manual copied?

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 04:52:44 PM »
Adjusting the CRT can be tricky. It's best to build an extension cable. The connectors are fairly standard. My EVO screen is great... it has a round mult-function knob that adjusts everything from the front.
My CEI manual is for Version 51.0X but I think it covers your model too... I think! If you carefully pull out your MPU, it's probably written on the board or on the chassis of it as well.
I will look into copying this manual. Is there a specific thing I can look up for you now? It's a bit like programming an S plus... using the deck buttons but there's a lot of things you can do.
I will look into copying the manual. Let me know if you find out any version number.
I sent another PM to SolidSilver but he's still not responding. It's really weird since we were corresponding frequently - his profile indicates he's been on NLG, so I'm baffled especially since he's the moderator of THIS topic! I hope it isn't something serious.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 05:24:56 PM »
I guess right now what I need to know now is how to use the deck button to set up the machine. This machine will only pay out 10 coins when you push the collect button. If you want your whole winnings, you have to hold the button down? Is this normal??
And remember...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 11:38:03 PM »
Reply coming! Just a busy work weekend...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 05:17:53 PM »
Okay I'm going to "build" this reply. We have to get to the "LEARN" menu through the "MAINTENANCE" menu. Make sure the credits are played off and no game is in progress.
Open your door and there should be a MENU button. Press that. I've added pictures from my manual and you can read from there too. Once you press menu the screen should be displayed as shown in fig 2-1. From that screen, press the button #4 (counting the discard/hold buttons left to right) and that will get you to the LEARN mode.
Once your in the LEARN mode, I think you'll be able to find the parameter entitled "CREDIT COLLECTED PER PRESS." The default value is 10. You'll be changing it to "ALL."
I'm just going to shoot pictures of that section. I think it should be self explanatory, if you are familiar with menus and sub-menus.
I'll add the pictures as I shoot them. More coming!

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 05:43:33 PM »
Learn mode

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 05:44:46 PM »
Learn mode

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 05:47:07 PM »
And finally... (sorry I should combine these shots but the instructions for photoshop are so confusing that I'll be here forever!)
Let me know your progress.

We should have actually started a new subject thread at reply #12. I hope SolidSilver shows up sometime and that he's ok!
 :wave:

Mod note: Done

Thanks to whoever did it... maybe Joey:applause: Ron (r273)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 07:14:01 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2014, 07:13:50 PM »
Thanks for your hard work. I need to fire up the desktop computer so I came print these out. I'll go see what kind of trouble I can get my self into tomorrow. I can't thank you enought for your help..  :cheers: and.  :1:

Gary
And remember...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 09:14:31 PM »
You may not have a menu button! I don't. Mine is the TEST button on the upper left side of the bank.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2014, 09:44:44 AM »
Were you able to use this information? The suspense is killing me...  :hyper:

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2014, 12:01:05 PM »
From Amechanic:
Well I tried to use the CEI papers tonight and didn't have much luck?? The pages you sent me say to push a menu button, but I don't see a menu button, only a test button.. When I push that it checks the systems ram.. So I'm not having much luck.. You have any other ideas? I have the four red buttons over by my on/off switch and that's all I see?? Top ones marked test, second one down is blank and does nothing, Then one says Hopper fill? I don't remember what the forth said... The game plays great, I just wish I could get into the menus??

From Shortrackskater:
Hmmm... one of those buttons should bring up that first menu. Did you say you did try all the buttons? I'd try each one, then press the hold/discard button to the far left and see if the menu will scroll down to LEARN mode.
More... It has to be the TEST button. Press that and push the far left hold/discard button. I'm wondering if it will scroll down OR press the second from left hold/discard button and see if is scrolls UP.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2014, 10:08:52 PM »
Ok... Here is a picture of the buttons on the inside of my CEI machine... I will try holding down a hold/discard button to see if any thing else comes on the screen.. I got busy today bring a PE Video Poker machine back to life today  :applause:.. It's super easy for program that thing  :cool_thumb_up: .. Now if this CEI would let me in, I'll be doing a happy dance  :dancing_2: .. It works great, but it can be better if I can change a few small thing..

Gary
And remember...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 10:34:02 AM »
It is the TEST button to get into the menus. Let me play with mine and see what happens with each button.
Sorry for lag in response... my mom had a heart attack last week and things were tough here - better now (so far) so I'm back!
Love to see your CEI get into the LEARN mode.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2014, 11:59:45 AM »
Sorry to hear about your Mom.. Hope she's doing well.. I have not messed with the CEI for a while. I've been busy on other projects.
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2014, 02:40:07 PM »
Do the dip switches have anything to do with getting into the menu? I see three different sets of switches on my board.. Switches 1 & 3 are all on, switches on SW2 has 2&3 off, thats opt 2 and opt 3.. Any idea what these are??

Gary
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2014, 02:47:22 PM »
This is all I can get on my screen after pushing the test button.. Doesn't help to hold down any of the doors deck buttons, other then to exit the test screen..

And remember...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2014, 10:29:51 AM »
I'll pull my MPU out and check my settings and I'll look in the manual as well. Sort of a busy day today... helping out my mom... but I'll be free later this evening. Please stand by!  :propeller:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal