New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Slot toppers in general  (Read 17390 times)

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Slot toppers in general
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2014, 05:49:25 PM »
It would be great to have as a stand alone and put on my custom Rockin Elvis IGT slot. Play my DVD thru it.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Online Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2014, 06:03:30 PM »
The Bally cool sign boxes are really neat. Most run windows embedded in the background and have signage media loaded on a hard drive that display on a large monitor. The content loaded on the drive loops and replays. Unit is a small computer that has sound card, audio in and out, video out, and USB  connections.

all documentation im finding says they are windows virtual machines loaded through a thin client. i strongly dougnt the small plastic boxes in the pics given would be powerful enough to run embedded windows plus process video. i have a lot of experience in virtual machines and thin clients and the only thing im seeing in this user guide that is custom is the coolsign manager software its self and a login splash screen.

Offline opman

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • opman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2014, 06:12:15 PM »
There are two types that I know of. The ones above the topper in the picture use flash memory and the one below the topper to the right have a hard drive and basically is a small pc.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2014, 07:23:27 PM »
Depending on how much functionality you would want on it, you could just give it juice and use an ipad/ipod with vga adapter and off you go.  Slide shows or videos.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2014, 07:29:57 PM »
Yes, But you could also just use a dvd player with a vga to hdmi conversion, depending on what you are using, depending if you can get the correct ratio correct -given the monitor-etc.  Endless possibilties.  For those that have some of these,  Try them and post here!.

Online Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2014, 07:45:14 PM »
now i want to try to build one. i know i wont be able to find one cheap enough to do the kind of experiments i want to do on it. but but with all the types of io things like the raspberry pi has i can think of a lot of cool things to do with it.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2014, 07:59:28 PM »
You have not seen nothing yet!.  We are going to share as we go on these.  The "media boxes" are however quite awesome with the op. sys. embedded in them enabaling with proper access to import files for media, etc.  Had one going about a week ago on a Alpha2 platform --was just to easy as we are looking at adapting these for alpha1 and others.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2014, 02:36:43 PM »
Here's closer pictures of the wiring. One black plug is 12 pin and other is 16 pin. Don't see anything like them in S9000 top box. The one is in the same harness as the white plug.

the rockin elvis

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2014, 03:04:56 PM »
Jim, Help is on the way soon. Your 10-pin connector is prob. fully populated and machine side is not(missing one).  The black micro molex goes to the light ring controller-but you can still use this if you do not have that. I have helped a good friend -(for many years) with some equipment and He should be able to help clear some things up and answer some questions. Better to see the stuff in action and hear it from the horse's mouth.

Offline opman

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2014, 07:57:21 PM »
Jim there is a yellow wire with a blue stripe on it that will have to be moved to a different pin for it to work on the alpha 1. When you get a chance we can go over it.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2014, 04:23:29 PM »
OK, I got it going. The 16 pin plug goes to the left of the reels. Do I take the 2 screws out and remove all 5 reels or is there another way to get to plug it in? I am guessing I need to drill the top box to get the plug down there.
<a href="http://youtu.be/J5GNQXWH8Zc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/J5GNQXWH8Zc</a>

<a href="http://youtu.be/Lc-JB1KuE8E" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/Lc-JB1KuE8E</a>
   http://youtu.be/DxOew6xz080 (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

the rockin elvis

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2014, 04:33:48 PM »

<a href="http://youtu.be/DxOew6xz080" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/DxOew6xz080</a>

the rockin elvis

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2014, 05:21:07 PM »
Nah, If you do not see any open holes Just unclip/disconnect one in the sheet metal not being used and fish it thru.  Should be one on left side for sure if not right side. Check it out. B.

Offline opman

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2014, 07:30:17 PM »
Looks good. Glad you got it going.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2014, 08:10:33 PM »
I have to say nothing wrong with looking at that.  - :Tongue_Out: .  The help was late but none the less came -Now you know you did not waste your $ or have a boat anchor as some would say.  Once it is fully up you can even modify from the topper graphaics output for media.  I think you get and have the idea/ticket now-- :cool_thumb_up: .  Nice topper and cool stuff, -Thanks for the post!.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2014, 01:38:57 AM »
I have 2 video cables going to the monitor. A black and a gray. I chose the black one as video feed. I am guessing the other as touch screen? I have one space open for plug, but it is too small to let the plug end thru.

the rockin elvis

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2014, 01:26:21 PM »
OK I plugged in the 16 pin for the super candle. It just sits there and flashes real pretty. Prism like. But the reel surround lights just flash in an ugly orange instead of chasing and changing colors. Any other idea's?

the rockin elvis

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2014, 05:31:42 PM »
Jim, I notice that your side lights are not lit on your topper?.  Also which lite ring controller board are you using-There are about 5-diff. types.  (mounts in center,left of reels on most).  If your board has the one with a removable chip in it-Prob. not going to work. 

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2014, 01:36:24 AM »
The board is on the left side behind the meters. I'll look at it tonight and see what it say's. Did not have a plug for the side lights it is 12 pin

the rockin elvis

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2014, 04:25:46 PM »
Here is the controller board. It has plugs for 2 bezels. I think I see it now. A jumper for single 1-2 or dual 2-3

the rockin elvis

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal