New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: JCM WBA-11-SS e-PROM update  (Read 8518 times)

Offline mantaramian

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • mantaramian New User has no influence.
  • NLG
JCM WBA-11-SS e-PROM update
« on: October 24, 2014, 09:18:10 PM »
Hello, I currently have a JCM WBA-11-SS with a e-PROM VERSION of v3.00-041.

Where would I obtain and update for this Bill Head, if there is an update for this bill-head what is the newest bill it will recognize after the update? 

Mike

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: JCM WBA-11-SS e-PROM update
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 09:40:14 PM »
It depends what type of machine your validator is on.  If it is on an S+ then 3.60-03 will accept up to nextgen $10, but not $5 or $100

If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline mantaramian

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 09:45:05 AM »
Thank you Rickhunter,

Its a IGT S .

I knew I missed a couple details last night.  :Scratch-Head: :banghead:

Offline mantaramian

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 09:40:01 PM »
So I am a little confused...

Is the Transport and Bill acceptor different for a Bally 6000 or a IGT S+

I have a couple transports and the bill acceptor form a collection of parts, Im not sure what works with what....

Of coarse I can swap out parts... But what is the proper way to identify the correct transport and the correct Bill Head?

Thanks,
Mike

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 10:18:27 PM »
The WBA series acceptor works with any machine for which the software has been written, but if they have wba validators on them, you can swap the heads with no problem.  The transport, the only difference is the software, so you could flash/change eprom for whatever platform you want to use and it should work.  For example, at this moment, I have WBA 13's on S2000's, Game Kings, Bally Alpha Elite S9000E, Bally Alpha V20/20, WMS 550, WMS BB1, WMS BB2, IGT S+.  The only difference for the most part, is the eprom installed and in the case of Bally machines where they have an RS-232 board installed in them.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline mantaramian

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 10:31:58 PM »
Thanks Rickhunter,

So if I want to get a working transport and bill head WBA 11ss to accept new American currency in my IGT S+.... I could use a v380-32 eprom?

Thanks for all your help....

Mike

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 07:13:24 AM »
Yes, but unless you already have a working WBA 11 transport, I would just switch it to WBA 13 and have 4 way acceptance.  They are not very expensive and the last update for an S+ takes nextgen $5's.  You will also need the harness for the WBA 13 as it is different than the WBA 11.  But everything else is the same.  You really only need to buy a WBA13 transport, and make sure it is a WBA13 so you can just switch eproms if you ever want to use it for something else.

Offline coorslight115

• Reputation Power: 0
  • coorslight115 Hides in shadows.
  • NLG
    • tim@jjslots.com
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 04:50:33 PM »
Rick, I could be wrong...But I thought the latest NxtGen $5 update for the S-plus IDO22/23 was only issued in flash. WBA12. At least that was what I was told by many.

Offline mantaramian

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 08:59:46 PM »
I wanted to tell everybody thanks for the input I received

If this helps

eProm Versions for the JCM Transports and WBA Heads

IGT iGame / S2000 - ID0 024
Bally / Williams - ID0 003
IGT S+ ID0 023

Mike

Offline mantaramian

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 06:33:56 PM »
In a pinch, Im trying to update My S+ to a IGT S+ ID0 023.... My problem I am having is the correct eProm size and the Checksum on the
IGT S+ ID0 023....

Does anybody know the correct eprom size 27C1001 or 27c2001.... After we identerfy that does anybody have the checksum....

My current notes are the following

v3.75 IGT S+
Checksum 020290d5

HELP!!!!

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2015, 08:08:52 PM »
WBA 11 uses a 1Mbit eprom. 27c1011 or 27c010.  I don't believe there's 3.75 version for the WBA11 in IDO23.  What size is your bin file?

Offline mantaramian

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2015, 08:13:36 PM »
PM sent

Offline Lex

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Lex New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2016, 10:59:02 AM »
Hope I can get some help here.  We just bought a IGT S Plus double hot thing slot and it won't take the new $5a or $100s it does take the $10s it has a WBA 11 SS bill validator I was going to order a ID023 chip but the seller says it won't work for a WBA11

What options do I have? I found some one selling a full WBA12 assembly but that seller says that it would not work on my machine.

Thanks

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2016, 12:39:42 PM »
The latest update for the S+ allows NextGen $5 acceptance, but not NextGen $100.  So the New $5 is the best you can do.  You will need to retrofit your machine with a WBA 12 (flashed with the IDO 23 software) or WBA13 with the IDO 23 eprom (both units are essentially the same, one uses flash memory (WBA 12), and one uses EPROMs (WBA13)).  Since you already have a WBA cage, all you need for your conversion is a WBA12/13 transport and the harness that goes in the back of the validator cage.  You can use all the other parts you have (cage, cash can, power supply).
Any number of our vendors here would be able to supply you with the parts you need.

You may not even have a WBA 11, sometimes the head has one sticker and the transport has another sticker.  Pull out the validator and look at the connector on the rear part.  If it has a whole punch of molex style pins, you have a WBA 13 (12 if it is not eprom based).  If you have like an "edge" connector, you have the WBA 10/11.  You can also post a picture of the back of the validator here for 100% positive ID.  The reason I even ask, it's because I was under the impression that the last update for the 10/11 series was the new $20, but I could be wrong.

Offline Lex

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2016, 01:34:56 PM »
The latest update for the S+ allows NextGen $5 acceptance, but not NextGen $100.  So the New $5 is the best you can do.  You will need to retrofit your machine with a WBA 12 (flashed with the IDO 23 software) or WBA13 with the IDO 23 eprom (both units are essentially the same, one uses flash memory (WBA 12), and one uses EPROMs (WBA13)).  Since you already have a WBA cage, all you need for your conversion is a WBA12/13 transport and the harness that goes in the back of the validator cage.  You can use all the other parts you have (cage, cash can, power supply).
Any number of our vendors here would be able to supply you with the parts you need.

You may not even have a WBA 11, sometimes the head has one sticker and the transport has another sticker.  Pull out the validator and look at the connector on the rear part.  If it has a whole punch of molex style pins, you have a WBA 13 (12 if it is not eprom based).  If you have like an "edge" connector, you have the WBA 10/11.  You can also post a picture of the back of the validator here for 100% positive ID.  The reason I even ask, it's because I was under the impression that the last update for the 10/11 series was the new $20, but I could be wrong.

Thanks here are some pics

http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/Lexysdad04/embed/Mobile%20Uploads/story

Offline Lex

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2016, 02:12:56 PM »

Thanks for the info!! I had a supporting vendor reach out to me and I'm going to go with the plan.  Thanks

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2016, 07:19:04 PM »
Looking at your photos, you do have a WBA 11.  Glad to see you are getting setup.  Our vendors don't buy the spots, they are given because of reputation.  So I'm sure you will have a good experience.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal