New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Chaser LEDs working in Game King, but not S2000  (Read 10315 times)

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
Chaser LEDs working in Game King, but not S2000
« on: November 29, 2014, 12:03:46 PM »
Hi guys,

Interesting issue.  So I have had my new oval topper working like a champ in my 17" chop top Game King for the past week.  I decided to try it out in my round top S2000 since I have another oval topper coming.  Well, as luck would have it, in the S2000, the fluorescent bulb and candle works fine, but the chaser lights don't come on.  I'm not really sure where to go from here.  The molex connectors are the same in both machines.  I also tried plugging into all of the PWR ports on the Netplex board.  No change.  Like I said, the topper is functional as the chaser lights work in the Game King.  Is there a setting that I need to activate on the S2000?  Is there another plug somewhere that this platform requires to run the LED ring?

Thanks,
Jason
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 06:56:50 AM by Ron (r273) »

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Chaser LEDs working in Game King, but not S2000
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 12:12:37 PM »
Here a couple of photos of the current connections.

Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 12:33:06 PM »
One more...

There are what appear to be 2 other ballast connections.  Each has a green wire for ground and a pair of orange/black wires, and a pair of orange wires.  They aren't connected to anything.

Thoughts?

Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 01:03:53 PM »
And a photo of the distribution boards and connections.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 03:40:37 PM »
Looks right even upside down. Check the connector inside the topper to the light ring PCB. Try a little finger pressure on each LED in the series to see if you have a bad connection on one.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 03:47:00 PM »
Looks right even upside down. Check the connector inside the topper to the light ring PCB. Try a little finger pressure on each LED in the series to see if you have a bad connection on one.

Thanks a lot Ron.  If I put the topper right back in the Game King, the LEDs work just fine.  I'm seriously at a loss.  In the Game King, there are a couple of 2 wire plugs going into a couple of power ports on the netplex board.  In the s2000 there aren't any plugs occupying any of the 2 plug power ports.  The wire colors are orange and black.  I don't see any stray plugs.  Thoughts?

Jason

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 04:00:22 PM »
Your S2000 has the older style harness in the top box. Power to the fan & flourescent light were not derived from the netplex board. Here is a pic of the only S2 I have with a topper. The black & orange wires go to the fan & flourescent. That should not make a difference in yours. How about posting a similar pic to mine (right side up this time) so I can see all connections.

Offline Don

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Don New User has no influence.
  • It's All About Fun!
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 04:31:20 PM »
Here is where my Topper connects on my S2000.

I even broke the tie wraps off ( As they need replaced anyway) to make sure that is the right places.

J4 on the Netplex board and  unmarked connector on the connector going to the lower box

Hope this Helps

Don

-------------------------------------------------------------
Forget the Joneses. I can't keep up with the Simpsons!

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 04:42:18 PM »
The topper needs two voltages to operate properly.  +25VDC for the fluorescent bulb, and +13VDC for the LED ring.  Your fluorescent bulb works, so the +25VDC is good, but you may be missing the +13VDC for the ring.  Check for it on J1 of your netplex board.  It should be labeled, but if not, it's the Red& Black red wires.  If it's there, then check for it at the connector going to the Topper.  It's likely missing at one of those places since the topper works fine on your Game King.  If it's missing at J1 you'll have to start tracing the cabling back.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 08:43:42 PM »
Your S2000 has the older style harness in the top box. Power to the fan & flourescent light were not derived from the netplex board. Here is a pic of the only S2 I have with a topper. The black & orange wires go to the fan & flourescent. That should not make a difference in yours. How about posting a similar pic to mine (right side up this time) so I can see all connections.

Here you go Ron.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2014, 11:45:19 PM »
The topper needs two voltages to operate properly.  +25VDC for the fluorescent bulb, and +13VDC for the LED ring.  Your fluorescent bulb works, so the +25VDC is good, but you may be missing the +13VDC for the ring.  Check for it on J1 of your netplex board.  It should be labeled, but if not, it's the Red& Black red wires.  If it's there, then check for it at the connector going to the Topper.  It's likely missing at one of those places since the topper works fine on your Game King.  If it's missing at J1 you'll have to start tracing the cabling back.

Cliff,

Ron and I walked through this for about 30 minutes and the connections seem to be correct.  Seems like I might have an older wiring harness, but Ron seemed to think it shouldn't matter based on the connections and comparisons with other machines.  How can I check to see if the 13v is at the plug that connects to the topper plug.  Sorry, I'm not very good at using a multimeter if that's where this is heading, but I'll learn.

Jason

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2014, 12:05:26 AM »
Jason,
You can use a 12V test light. Top left is 13V+, lower left is 25V+ both rights are ground. You can touch the 25V very quickly with the 12V test light. Bulb will be very bright & blow if connected too long. See pic.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2014, 12:27:26 AM »
I'll try it Ron.  Is there a fuse somewhere that could be blown?

See here:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=27473.0

Jason

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2014, 08:05:24 AM »
The 1A fuse they're referring to in that thread is the power input fuse on the LED ring.  Yours is good or it wouldn't work on the other machine.  You can use a test light if you don't have a multimeter.  If you have a multimeter set it to DC volts and a range setting greater than 13V (if it's not an autoranging meter).  Put the black lead on the black wire with a red tracer on J1 of the netplex board and the red lead on the red wire on J1 and see what you have.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2014, 10:46:38 AM »
Yeah, this seems to be what I'm experiencing...

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=11729.0

Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2014, 11:25:17 AM »
Are there other components that use 13V in the S2000?  I guess what I'm getting at is, would it be worthwhile swapping out the power supply from my Game King into my S2000? 

Jason

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2014, 11:41:20 AM »
Yeah, the MPU board, BV and other components do.  If your power supply was missing +13V then the machine would not even boot.  So you don't have +13V at J1 then?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2014, 12:13:15 PM »
Jason,
I have traced the wiring from the Y harness in the top that powers your netplex board. It plugs into J2 (lower left) on your mother board. If you have an enhanced mother board, check the 15 amp ATC fuses. The bottom fuse has a trace that leads to the J2 connector. If not enhanced, just be sure connection is good. If this all fails, try another mother board. As always, power down before attempting any of this.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2014, 12:46:06 PM »
The +13V that goes to J1 on the netplex power dist board comes from J7 on a non-enhanced motherboard according to the wiring diagram I'm looking at.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2014, 12:51:56 PM »
Yeah, the MPU board, BV and other components do.  If your power supply was missing +13V then the machine would not even boot.  So you don't have +13V at J1 then?

Using a continuity (light) tool, I get a reading for all power ports (black and orange wires).  Red and black 13V nothing.  At J1 I get a reading for the black and orange (25v) and black and red (to my audio amp), but nothing for 13v (other black and red wires).

Thoughts?

Jason

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal