New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S-2000 NON-Enhanced Permanent Main Door Bypass  (Read 2993 times)

Offline RED7

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • RED7 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S-2000 NON-Enhanced Permanent Main Door Bypass
« on: April 04, 2017, 02:19:42 PM »
Hope this helps.. Nothing more frustrating then a "DOOR OPEN M" Error when the door is closed!

Thought I would share my personal fix to this issue. I have completed this mod on all my boards and they are working great. I may have been more specific then I need to be, but
nothing beats a detailed "How-To" for someone that doesn't have experience.

I am not looking to take away from other posts on this same topic. There are some great tips, that other members have worked hard on, and spent there time to post there findings.
This solution isn't for everyone, but simply an alternative for those stubborn boards.

You will require some special tools, although with u-Tube and Google I'm sure you'll find many ways to do the same thing.

Some tools I use.

Weller Soldering Iron
WER-858D Re-Work Station
Lead Based Solder
Flux Pen
Tweezers
Kimtech Wipes
Rubbing Alcohol
Tooth Brush (Colgate)

Parts Required:
2 x "O" Ohm resistors (can use any 1/4 Resistor, mainly just need the leads to make things much easier.
1 x 12" Length of wire 18-26 AWG will be fine
1 x Toggle Switch (small one if fine ON/OFF)

It does go without mentioning, but for new members, and new machine owners. Please remove the Green Varta Battery First. Its the main reason for this problem!

If you try it out, or have questions.. please let me know..

Steve...

***Note: ther is a detailed pdf file to download above the jpg picture below this note***
« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 12:39:40 PM by a69mopar »

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 385
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: S-2000 NON-Enhanced Permanent Main Door Bypass
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 03:55:37 PM »
Great work!  :applause:   This could save a lot S2000 boards from the scrap bin.  Thanks for sharing and for the detailed instructions.   :1:

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 08:02:38 PM »
Steve, Thanks so much for posting this. I have a stack of failed 500 series boards. I'm no electronics tech but do have basic soldering skills. Am I missing something? I only see one resistor used. You list two. Also did you install the jumper from U62 to U67 in the pic.? I have a 501, a few 502 & several 504 boards & none have that jumper. Kudos for your effort & sharing this info.

:1:
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 08:44:56 PM »
Steve, Thanks so much for posting this. I have a stack of failed 500 series boards. I'm no electronics tech but do have basic soldering skills. Am I missing something? I only see one resistor used. You list two. Also did you install the jumper from U62 to U67 in the pic.? I have a 501, a few 502 & several 504 boards & none have that jumper. Kudos for your effort & sharing this info.

RB.. If you read under his parts needed, it says he used the resistors leads for ease of connecting.. 

Is it possible to get a close up of the solder connection..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline RED7

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 07:08:57 AM »

In regards to the resistors. You really don't need any. But it makes it much easier and cleaner to solder the leads to the pins of U69 from there you can attach you wires. If I get some time I will possibly make a quick video.

As far as Chip U67. This chip is used on the board to communicate with with Door input module. If you have an error " Coin input Jam" and nothing seems to fix the issue, then most likely this chip has gone bad. I did order some new ones on-line. I have seen other posts on this problem. These chips in most cases when go bad they blow a hole in them. So its easy to tell. When I DE-soldered the only chip pin 16 Pad was very corroded, so I added a jumper wire to correct that.

Thanks for your reply..

PLEASE IF YOU TRY THIS BYPASS, remember to remove chips U25, U60, U61. and double check all solder joints at U69. With the right tools, this can be completed in less then 30 minutes or less.

Steve

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 06:18:49 PM »
Steve... I just found and read the PDF file.. I didn't see it at first on top of the posts picture.. Very nicely written and detailed pictures.. Thanks for the hard work.. I would need to practice on a junk acid damaged board on the removal of those surface mounted chips..

Gary
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 07:06:06 PM by Amechanic »
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 06:47:00 PM »
Gary, I totally missed that PDF file too. I'm so glad you pointed that out! That explains a lot.

Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 07:08:45 PM »
I didn't see it at first either. I was talking with Erb on the phone tonight, and he's the person that told me where it was.
And remember...

Offline RED7

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 07:43:04 AM »
Steve... I just found and read the PDF file.. I didn't see it at first on top of the posts picture.. Very nicely written and detailed pictures.. Thanks for the hard work.. I would need to practice on a junk acid damaged board on the removal of those surface mounted chips..

Gary

Thanks, I appreciate it. I know a lot of people have boards kicking around, this will give some of them new life. The PDF is hard to see on the original post. I tried to see if I could move it but no luck. Maybe a moderator can get in there and fix it up so people can see it better. It explains the private messages in regards to "How to modify" I was thinking, the PDF has all the info. LOL.

There are a lot of great uTube videos on how to desolder SMD chips. With just a basic soldering iron. If anyone has questions don't hesitate.

As well, this site has been a saving grace for me when I was a newbie. Everyone is extremely helpful. I don't make it on here as much as I would like. I am currently working on finding the bug with the door input modules (Coin in Jam Error). When completed I will let you all know.

I do ask, for those who find the info useful and are able to get some old boards working. I wouldn't be able to get you this information with out NLG. They can always use a helping hand to cover the site costs.

Steve

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 12:01:00 PM »
Steve.
One other thing that would be helpful was if you could point out what controls the reel spins. I have one board that is bad due to a reel tilt on reel #1.. I know these boards are capable if running 4 & 5 reel machines. If I knew what chip covered what reel, then I could swap chip from reel 4 or 5 to reel 1 to fix the tilt problem.

Gary
And remember...

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2017, 09:20:40 AM »
i just tried this on a board with intermittent optics. the board was damaged not by battery leakage but by harness damage in a machine. i can confirm it does work in this application.

Offline RED7

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2017, 09:48:02 AM »
i just tried this on a board with intermittent optics. the board was damaged not by battery leakage but by harness damage in a machine. i can confirm it does work in this application.

Great to hear!

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2019, 06:52:49 AM »
I performed this mod to a damaged 504 board and it works, thanks!  One thing I noticed afterwards is the bottom candle light is always flashing fast now though.  Is that a side effect of the modification or did I get something wrong? 

Offline RED7

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2019, 06:56:51 AM »
Might have missed something, I have not run into a mod where the candle flashes. Glad you got it working, worst case I would just remove bulb from candle?

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Slotman New User barely matters.Slotman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2019, 07:13:03 AM »
I have to say, that writeup is probably one of the best I have ever seen.  :1:

Offline RED7

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2019, 07:24:31 AM »
I have to say, that writeup is probably one of the best I have ever seen.  :1:
Thank you, It take a while to get it all figured out. Glad to hear people are able to fix up some older boards. I know back int he day my pile of
working boards was almost empty, ride beside a pile of 10+ boards that were all "Door issues"

Steve

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2019, 07:44:36 AM »
Might have missed something, I have not run into a mod where the candle flashes. Glad you got it working, worst case I would just remove bulb from candle?
That's what I figured I would do, remove the bulb.  I'll double check everything again and try it on another board and see what happens.  It could be a damaged trace unrelated to the door circuits?   Thanks for taking the time to write this all up :1:

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2019, 08:20:32 AM »
Candle lights are driven by the cabinet i/o board. If trace damage or a failed mod is causing the light to act funny this is a potentially major problem. For damage to be causing the issue that means it is affecting the senet lines. Every time i do any kind of board work i load up credits on the game and wire the max bet button so it autoplays. I don’t remember how to do this i haven't worked on a slot in probably a year.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 407
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2019, 08:33:16 AM »
Great work RED7!!  :cool_thumb_up:
I loved reading your fix!  :yes:

I'm pretty sure the work done on my 504 MPU is related to this discussion.
Here's a couple of photo's I've attached of my board.
Click on photos to make larger and to move the copy-write logo covering my pictures...>>>
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2019, 09:44:46 AM »
Candle lights are driven by the cabinet i/o board. If trace damage or a failed mod is causing the light to act funny this is a potentially major problem. For damage to be causing the issue that means it is affecting the senet lines. Every time i do any kind of board work i load up credits on the game and wire the max bet button so it autoplays. I don’t remember how to do this i haven't worked on a slot in probably a year.
Thanks.  Everything appears to be working just fine, except for the lower candle constantly fast blinking.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal